Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sabai Lodge

BassGod

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BassGod

• Captain Murgatroyd

• nus01

• david3ng

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have stayed here a few times and would also recommend it. Nice staff and has a big pool(has a couple of pools). Righton the bahtbus route and and close to the action and shops. :D

"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light" Spike Milligan

I have stayed at the Sabai inn, and Sabai Lodge.

Both very good hotels with excellent staff, only downside of Sabai Inn is the lack of pool - but as you have the option to use the one at Sabai Lodge it is not really a problem

Guest Qwert06

I have been to pattaya 7 or 8 times now and have stayed there every time. they give me a decent dscount too. I got my room for 700 baht from mid dec till mid feb all the way through. Well run and the staff are brillaint plus it's secure as they have "security" 24/7. I have never heard of any room being robbed or motorbikes getting stolen like you do at a lot of the lower rent hotels.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Qwert06

Has anyone stayed in the Sabiwing "Deluxe Pool View" rooms as i'm staying there next trip and do they realy have WiFi in all rooms?

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone stayed in the Sabiwing "Deluxe Pool View" rooms as i'm staying there next trip and do they realy have WiFi in all rooms?

When I stayed there, had no WiFi in any room. (nov'05)

Rooms are great though, very clean and good location.

I stayed at the Sabai Lodge in October 2005. Paid 900 Baht a night.

The room was terrible. I hope it changes.

Pros

1. Location is great on Soi 2

2. Close to Big C

3. Very girlfriendly

4. Pool was good

Cons

1. Bathroom was terrible. Looked like a gym shower stall

2. Water was rusty and smelled rusty. I got sick using the water.

3. Gave me two single beds placed together instead of a Queen size bed.

4. Air conditioner did not have temperature control

5. No internet in rooms. Only available in lobby.

6. Originally reserved 9 days but left after 2 nights. They charged me an extra 100 baht for each night I was there as an early check out penalty

LIMEISTER'S PATTAYA JOURNALS

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

MySpace Countdown Clocks

babydollsaddict.gif

Pros

1. Location is great on Soi 2

2. Close to Big C

3. Very girlfriendly

4. Pool was good

Cons

2. Water was rusty and smelled rusty. I got sick using the water.

3. Gave me two single beds placed together instead of a queen size bed.

4. Air conditioner did not have temperature control

5. No internet in rooms. Only available in lobby.

6. Originally reserved 9 days but left after 2 nights. They charged me an extra 100 baht for each night I was there as an early check out penalty

Wow, I've never heard a complaint about this place before.

Cons

3. Gave me two single beds placed together instead of a queen size bed.

I heard about #1 and #6 from one of my good friends that mostly lives in Bangkok, but #3 just makes me laugh.

• 3 weeks later...

did anyone know sabai lodge have wi-fi in room and their reservation hotline number. i might call to find out. thanks!

david

Edited by david3ng

I've stayed in the older wing with the large pool a few times, and in the wing that's directly across the parking lot with the smaller pool. Last time, I didn't plan in advance, and they charged my 1650 a night during December and part of January. The rooms are OK, but they're not THAT good. If they ever return the prices to 850 or so, I'd say it's a buy. Otherwise??? There are plenty of similar places for less money. After all, there are better things to do with the extra money.

Rex

I've stayed in the older wing with the large pool a few times, and in the wing that's directly across the parking lot with the smaller pool. Last time, I didn't plan in advance, and they charged my 1650 a night during December and part of January. The rooms are OK, but they're not THAT good. If they ever return the prices to 850 or so, I'd say it's a buy. Otherwise??? There are plenty of similar places for less money. After all, there are better things to do with the extra money.

Rex

That's Odd, a friend of mine got a walk in rate of 1000 a night in January. Did you book online? For me it's a good deal for what you get and ideally located.

thanks! but yesterday when i click on the contact us link, then it was link to my mail. maybe my ibook got problem already...

thanks! but yesterday when i click on the contact us link, then it was link to my mail. maybe my ibook got problem already...

I figured it must be something like that because it was so obvious.

The main thing to remember that the good price is usually only for the unbooked rooms in the old wing. The way I do it is that I just turn up without a reservation and I ask what rooms they have. they show me a chart with the different rooms and the prices. I look at it for a while and ask them if I can get a better price on the cheapest rooms available, usually the single superior in the old wing. The standard rooms are always booked up. They usually give me kind of a sly smile and then knock a couple hundred off their listed price, which is already lower than the online price. I figure one day I'll turn up and they'll only have the expensive rooms left so there is always the Sabai Inn across the road, or if things get desperate the Welkominn.

called them. they offer me 1350b per night on sabai wing. is it ok for the room? who stay on sabai wing before? they got wi-fi in room, but 80b half an hour and 250b per hour.

Yes, I stayed in the Sabai Wing last week. I wanted to spoil myself a little, and booked one of the "Sunset suites" for two nights at a list price of 2500 per night, ( I think), they got back to me and offered the room for 1750.... so good deal there.

On arrival I was impressed with the courteous welcome, and the room was excellent. It just wasn't their fault that some bastard had built an even taller hotel between the room and the sunset... nor was it their fault that someone was using a piledriver to excavate the foundations of an even newer building project next door (TIT).

The double glazing was top class, and even the pile driver hardly bothered me in the mornings. ( Very minor problem compared with staying in a room above Angels Disco in Nana hotel!)

The room was spotless, as was the bathroom and shower stall. As to the local water, I would never drink tapwater in Thailand, ( hell, I avoid it at home!), They provide bottled drinking water free of charge.

I cannot speak for Wi Fi availability in the rooms, But frankly, even if I posessed a laptop, I know I'd have better things to do in Pattaya than lurk in my room and get webbed up.

The pool isn't vast, but very pleasant, and the bar is efficient.

Room service isn't 24 hr, but the front desk were happy enough to order me a pizza at 02.45.

I will definatly stay there again.

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

• 2 weeks later...

Only place I have ever stayed in Pattaya.

I love the place.

If you have the funds, get the Ruin Thai room.

They are my favorites.

I spent many a day hearing Hillbilly's stories at the Ruen pool.

Always a great group of punters at the pool.

I pay between 1,700 - 2,000 depending on the season.

The restaurant tied to the hotel has some of the best Thai food in Pattaya.

You can get a smaller room facing the parking lot for around 700 bht on monthly.

Great medium priced place away from Walking Street, but a 4 minute Bus to the neon city.

i'm stayed at sabai wing 1350bth not included breakfast(extra 150bth) with strong wifi in room, nice pool, 3 minutes walk to beach and friendly and helping staff. very easy to get a bath bus from soi 2 to WS. will come back again! Thanks for BassGod!

IMG_4715.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG

i'm stayed at sabai wing 1350bth not included breakfast(extra 150bth) with strong wifi in room, nice pool, 3 minutes walk to beach and friendly and helping staff. very easy to get a bath bus from soi 2 to WS. will come back again! Thanks for BassGod!

I'm glad you liked it, 1350 is a bit more than I usually pay but that's a nicer room than I usually get. Sabaii Lodge, or even Sabaii Inn accross the street, are nice and comfortable places and most importantly quiet.