Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Unlock you mobile carrier before you leave your country if you are coming from US

raypoo121

In the states i would highly recommend you unlock your phone before you leave for thailand b/c you can easily pop in a sim for about 250 baht and load mins on your phone and your good to go with a phone incase you meet a girl or something while your on vacation.....

• 2 weeks later...

In the states i would highly recommend you unlock your phone before you leave for thailand b/c you can easily pop in a sim for about 250 baht and load mins on your phone and your good to go with a phone incase you meet a girl or something while your on vacation.....

Unless you have an Iphone (4s, 5, 5s, 5c), Nexus 4, or any CDMA (Sprint/Verizon) phone that is listed as a "world phone".  Those phones are factory unlocked, contract or not.  I'm sure there are others as well.

I read a post on this forum a few weeks back about someone getting their iphone 5 unlocked in LOS. They basically got ripped off, as the phone is already unlocked and requires nothing for international SIM card use.  Additionally, if your phone was subsidized, but paid for, you can request the unlock code directly from your service provider for free. They have to give it to you if you own the phone outright (out of contract). You can then unlock yourself without having to pay anyone. 

use a thai simcard instead, much cheaper!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

use a thai simcard instead, much cheaper!

FYI - unlocking phones is so you can use any SIM card, and in this instance we're talking specifically about using a US phone with a Thai SIM card.  We're way ahead of you.  Cost wise, it depends on carrier and how long you are going to be there.  My last trip, I spent 8 days in LOS.  I use my US SIM on Tmobile. I spent under $30 USD over my normal bill and made several calls to Thailand and back to the US for work, so price is debatable.  I could have used a Thai SIM and had faster internet, free local calls, but then I would have been raped over international calls back home.  Half dozen in one, six in the other hand...

Archived