Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sore throat + head cold Every time

Sofa King High

OK, was just studying Thai, stepped into the hawng naam and clocked the cold medicine - my brain made the connection.

Any of you boys (or the odd poo-ying here) consistently get a sore throat and head cold during your first week?

I figure its either the aircon or the increase in smoking that goes with all the alcohol.(?)

Should probably go easy on the fags and ease into the aircon next trip.

What you need to do is suck on a fisherman's friend, I don't know if you can get them in pattaya  they will sooth your sore throat... :BJ1: 

I usually get it from sitting in an airplane with a few hundred people for hours .

Take Zinc in any form.  I always get sick on my trips at some point, being directly exposed to so much new bacteria. :)

lots of guys swear by cleaning the air filters in the aircon units...

also I try to acclimate as fast as possible, not keep the room too cold...

I sometime get a sore throat from muff diving where I shouldn't, can't help my self.

Yes its happen to me a few times so i'll usually visit a sauna & sweat it out for 2-3hrs & sniff on some eucalyptus oil (ask at any drug store)...that will at least help with a head cold. Sore throat i might need to visit a doctor & be given antibiotics.     

I often get a sore throat, not sure why, maybe from eating too much pussy! Last trip I went to see a pharmacist who recommended anti-inflammatory Strepsils... these worked great, much better than the regular ones.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Every trip I get the dreaded sore throat. I attribute it to being wore down from sex, drinking, and all that is pattaya. Each time I always wait to see if it will pass and it never does until I go to the pharmacy and get an antibiotic. The cough drops and sprays just mask my pain and general feeling of death warmed over, so next trip I am making a point of not spending two days in misery thinking it will go away.

yes you just spent days licking, kissing and sucking on numerous other human beings. You will get sick almost every time. Zinc in your throat will cut down on the duration of the infection. Ask your doctor before you go on your trip for antibiotics. That way you have them ready at the first sign of a sore throat.

You might have a virus so the antibiotics will not work, but it might be the difference of salvaging your trip if you pick up some nasty bacteria.      

I always ask my doctor before I travel to prescribe some antibiotics, prescription pain killers for kidney stones, motorcycle accidents, tooth ache, back ache (Hydrocodon-Acetami and Vicodin) prescription anti diarrhea (Diphen/Atropine) and prescription sleeping pills (Zolpidem Tartrate). 

Every trip I always have had to use my antibiotics. You can buy a 5 day supply of Ciproxin (antibiotic) in Thailand for 300 baht at any pharmacy. Take it at the first sign of a sore throat.

One drop of oil of Oregano on the back of your throat before getting on the plane and everyday your are licking bacteria off of bar girl's pussies, followed by zinc throat lozenges. Keep the zinc content up while in country. Gargle with Listerine after each contact with bar girls.

If you are in country with a sore throat, gargle with warm salt water and find some chicken soup.

What you need to do is suck on a fisherman's friend, I don't know if you can get them in pattaya  they will sooth your sore throat... :BJ1: 

Someone should invent Beer flavored fisherman friend so that the taste doesn't curdle my drink.

yes you just spent days licking, kissing and sucking on numerous other human beings. You will get sick almost every time. Zinc in your throat will cut down on the duration of the infection. Ask your doctor before you go on your trip for antibiotics. That way you have them ready at the first sign of a sore throat.

You might have a virus so the antibiotics will not work, but it might be the difference of salvaging your trip if you pick up some nasty bacteria.      

I always ask my doctor before I travel to prescribe some antibiotics, prescription pain killers for kidney stones, motorcycle accidents, tooth ache, back ache (Hydrocodon-Acetami and Vicodin) prescription anti diarrhea (Diphen/Atropine) and prescription sleeping pills (Zolpidem Tartrate). 

Every trip I always have had to use my antibiotics. You can buy a 5 day supply of Ciproxin (antibiotic) in Thailand for 300 baht at any pharmacy. Take it at the first sign of a sore throat.

One drop of oil of Oregano on the back of your throat before getting on the plane and everyday your are licking bacteria off of bar girl's pussies, followed by zinc throat lozenges. Keep the zinc content up while in country. Gargle with Listerine after each contact with bar girls.

If you are in country with a sore throat, gargle with warm salt water and find some chicken soup.

I spend 78 baht for the C-20 gargle from the pharmacists, worth the extra baht for killing what may in your mouth/throat.

Glad I posted this and thanks for the info boys.

Will follow up on some of these recommendations next trip!

I've had the same problem everywhere i went the last decade...eventually after getting tonsillitis 5 times in 1 year, the doctor was convinced to get them removed. My main problem was i was using aircon. I have never use that anymore and i try to avoid aircon places wherever i go.

Posted Image

I get it every second trip here.And on most occations I`m sure it`s from the fucking taxi to Pattaya.Coming from a cold climate,nearly 24 hours traveling and then straight in to the icebox it`s bound to be a recipe for disaster.............nowadays I ask them to increase the temperature and I haven`t had any problems on my last 2 visits.

I thought it was either

a) eating way too many vaginas

b) the aircon

Happy to report its the aircon.  Cool room down then turn it to fan, or get used to turning it off.

They are never cleaned...

It's from the dirty air-con on the planes. It can knock you about for a couple of weeks. 

I used to have the same problem

The past few trips I bring vitamin C with me.

Have a few each day and its done the trick.......no more Pattaya sore throat

James

Many people blame the A/C or flying, but I don't think it is at all.  Its bugs & viruses you pick up from the girls

3 trips to Thailand, everytime returned with a sore throat,  5 trips to Sri Lanka & Dubai, no girls, never come back with a sore throat

Many people blame the A/C or flying, but I don't think it is at all.  Its bugs & viruses you pick up from the girls

3 trips to Thailand, everytime returned with a sore throat,  5 trips to Sri Lanka & Dubai, no girls, never come back with a sore throat

most of the sore throats/coughs develop at the beginning of the trip, in my experience and observation... I do think it has to do with the AC, personally, and try to minimize the use and adjust as quickly as possible.

In all my previous trips to Thailand only got sick once, as in feeling severe flu like symptoms. That happened on my inaugural solo Pattaya trip in summer 2010, and it was one of the worst. Throbbing headache, fever, body ache all over, sweating, I was out of commission for a week. Symptoms started second night so not sure where I got it. Initially thought it might have been due to foot massage but now don't think so.

The sore throat I got last year was the only time I got it from Thailand. I'm pretty sure it must have been from eating a girl out since I never had a sore throat as bad as that before in my life. I could barely swallow and it hurt to eat any solid food for days.

Sometimes you just run out of luck. I haven't had any problems with the A.C. and I leave that running all the time when I'm in the hotel room.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

My first trip, while staying at the SPAM WORD hotel I got a throat infection, the kind where you can barely swallow. Pharmacist called it "Pattaya Throat" and says it comes from dirty air-cons. Anti-biotics cleared it up in a day. My 3rd trip I caught a cold on the 3rd day. About 40% of the time I travel on long flights I get a cold in a few days after flying to or from my destination. Luckily I got a cold two weeks before my last trip (just got back two days ago) so my system had built up a resistance. I'm sure you can get it from any girl you're with too but in my experience planes (and airports) are the worst! Especially older airplanes that do not have the Hepa air filters. I also think you're more likely to catch a virus kissing a BG rather than licking her vertical smile...but that's just my opinion.

Archived