Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

visa extension

bolton69

i have a 60 day visa can you still extend it by 30 days at jomtion beach office, cheers

Yes, done it a few times myself.  The following should do it:

1900 baht

one passport photo

download/print and fill in form TM7 (make sure you print it front and back on one page, this can be done in a Internet shop)

photo copy main passport page

photo copy visa page

photo copy entrance stamp page

photo copy white entrance card

You can fill in the form at the office in Jomtien and there is a shop to get photo copies and photos but I like to do it all before I go so I can just hand everything in and not have to much stress as it does get very busy.

Thai immigration form download page:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Yes, done it a few times myself.  The following should do it:

1900 baht

one passport photo

download/print and fill in form TM7 (make sure you print it front and back on one page, this can be done in a Internet shop)

photo copy main passport page

photo copy visa page

photo copy entrance stamp page

photo copy white entrance card

You can fill in the form at the office in Jomtien and there is a shop to get photo copies and photos but I like to do it all before I go so I can just hand everything in and not have to much stress as it does get very busy.

Thai immigration form download page:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

thanks your a star

a friend has a 3 x 60 day visa

is it still in order to go on a border run after the 30 day extension and start his next 60 days

plus 30 days again

until he has used up the 3 x visa,s

a friend has a 3 x 60 day visa

is it still in order to go on a border run after the 30 day extension and start his next 60 days

plus 30 days again

until he has used up the 3 x visa,s

Yes I have a triple entry tourist visa also, be careful of the visa expiry date, you must use the last entry on or before this date.

Yes I have a triple entry tourist visa also, be careful of the visa expiry date, you must use the last entry on or before this date.

Im looking at mine now and my visa dosnt have an expiry date.

it has enter before date, date of issue, DOB

i guess you mean the second date on the entry stamp ?

Im looking at mine now and my visa dosnt have an expiry date.

it has enter before date, date of issue, DOB

i guess you mean the second date on the entry stamp ?

The "expiry date" is the Enter Before Date, which for a Triple Entry will be 6 months from when the visa was issued. You need to make your last visa run before that date, if you are trying to max out your stay.

The "expiry date" is the Enter Before Date, which for a Triple Entry will be 6 months from when the visa was issued. You need to make your last visa run before that date, if you are trying to max out your stay.

are you sure thats right as its marked as the ENTER BEFORE

i didn't think about this as my visa enter before date is the 28/04/2014 and i get to los on the 25/12/2013

so this means my triple entry tourist visa is only good for 125 days?

if this is right then the visa is only valid for 6 months from issue date?

so visa extensions at jomtien are not worth doing..?

so your saying that my last visa run needs to be completed by the 28th of april then i'll get 60 days + 30 at jomtien ?

if this is true then all my plans are messed up with flight pre booked for visa runs .... 

Good info

The visa has a start date and an enter before date, which does not start when you enter Thailand it starts when the visa is issued

To utilize the 3 entries you must cross a border before the enter before date stamped on the visa or you will loose the last entry.

I have seen it 100's of times were guys concentrate on the visa stamp given by the Immigration rather than the expiry date of the visa stuck in your passport.

You can always pop in the office if ever confused and I can explain no problems

Posted Image

i didn't think about this as my visa enter before date is the 28/04/2014 and i get to los on the 25/12/2013

so your saying that my last visa run needs to be completed by the 28th of april then i'll get 60 days + 30 at jomtien ?

if this is true then all my plans are messed up with flight pre booked for visa runs .... 

Yes all true, except I don't know your exact circumstance to comment on whether you need to still do visa extensions at Jomtien.

To max out a Tourist Visa, you need the issue date as close as possible to your departure date - this year I got mine on a Friday and flew out on the Sunday.

The length of visa is not 6 months as some have said, because that doesn't count for month days (28,29,30,31), the visa is actually for 180 days (60 days x 3) from the start date, or date the visa was issued.

However, with 30 day extensions, you can get 270 at the absolute maximum, the problem is to get this you would need to arrive in LOS on the day the Visa started, or day of issue, and do border runs and extensions, exactly on the day they expire.

Very difficult to get the full 270 days, for example, if you fly to LOS 2 weeks after the visa is issued you, in effect, lose 14 days from the visa.

If you go to Cambodia or leave for 2 weeks, you will lose the 14 days and the rest of the time on that visa entry.  When you come back you will trigger the next entry.

This is why I said to be careful of this date.

The expiry date will be 180 days after the issue date, this is the Enter by Date (Enter Before).  What the Enter by Date means is even if you only did one visit to LOS, on the Enter by Date, you would not get any further entries.  The Enter by Date, is really a trigger to start the visa off.

So if you fly on the date of issue, get your 60 day stamp, extend by 30 days, leave on the 30th day and reenter, you will trigger the next 60 days, extend by 30 days, leave on the 30th day, reenter on the exact Enter by Date, you will get your full use of the visa.  Any delays in departure, time outside LOS, etc will effectively lose days, as it is all related to the Enter by Date (or expiry date).

Irrelevant of what you do regards entries and extensions before the 28/4, simply go by the fact you will only get 90 days from 28/4 (60 days + 30 days) using that visa. Because after the 28/4 the visa is expired and no entries can be made using it afterwards.

If you need to stay longer you will need to extra border runs by land for 15 days or fly out and in for 30 days or get a visa from a neighbouring country using a border run company. I believe only single and double entries are available, (no triples from neighbouring countries), from Laos, etc.

Always get a tourist visa be it a double entry or triple entry as close to you traveling as you can.

Always concentrate on the enter before date so not to lose your entries

Posted Image

i have a 60 day visa, when will the extra 30 days start when i get the extension , do i have to wait till the 59 day , or can i get it any time, thanks  

Anytime mate and the 30 day extension will start from the finish date of the 60 day you already have.

Regads

Posted Image

Anytime mate and the 30 day extension will start from the finish date of the 60 day you already have.

Regads

cheers mate, thats put that one to bed, 10/10

I heard that extending your tourist visa 3 times on a run will make problems for you when you apply for a new one...!

i read this on another forum..

i've was also told that the jomtien will only extend the last period..!

I was told this by the hull thai consult...

can anyone shed any light on this

Archived