IGNORED

English driving Licence

blue1878

I am sure this question has been asked before but is my UK driving license valid in Thailand?  I've visited Thailand many times but have never botherd with hiring a car but during future vacations to Thailand I would like to hire a car.

So can I use my UK driving License or do I need an international driving licence

No such thing as an international driving licence. To be legal in Thailand you need your UK licence and an international driving permit or alternatively a Thai licence.

So can I use my UK driving License or do I need an international driving licence

No such thing as an international driving licence. To be legal in Thailand you need your UK licence and an international driving permit or alternatively a Thai licence.

Many many threads including - http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/112532-international-driving-permit-aka-licence-definitive/

As it says, IDP available from The Post Office for 5.50 quid.

i get by fine with UK licence been stoped heaps and is accepted as OK

What about insurance though?  I have an Aussie mate who lives in Thailand and owns his own vehicle.  He wants me to share the driving to the village when I visit in the New Year.  Do I need extra insurance or will his insurance suffice?

Garf66

In this country it is the vehicle that is insured, you will be ok so long as you have a valid licence

Garf66

In this country it is the vehicle that is insured, you will be ok so long as you have a valid licence

Cheers for that, just what I wanted to hear. :GoldenSmile1:

i get by fine with UK licence been stoped heaps and is accepted as OK

The thai police are picking up on this BIG TIME, also you are not covered by any insurance you or the renter may have as you are not entitled to drive in Thailand.

The day you hit a Merc it will cost you BIG TIME.

Guys, for the cost of an international permit (don't fuck around)  or listen to bullshit advice.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Got stopped yesterday at the far end of jomtien beach was only interested if I had an IDP.said very good have all stamps and I was on my way unlike a lot of others who were parked up.

Archived