IGNORED

Does anyone get a Sun Tan in Pattaya

Adrianwales

applying_63bbf1_185467_zps8973214f.jpg

sounds crazy but does anyone actually sunbathe during the day and can you get a descent tan in January or is it mostly to cloudy. If so where is a good place or just hotel pools? Guess everyone at home expects mates to just come back with a whiter than white Bar tan but does anyone actually get a holiday tan.

efe4b25a-90b2-4e02-ba91-0cbba4ce94bd_zps32361a0b.jpg

applying_63bbf1_185467_zps8973214f.jpg

sounds crazy but does anyone actually sunbathe during the day and can you get a descent tan in January or is it mostly to cloudy. If so where is a good place or just Hotel pools? Guess everyone at home expects mates to just come back with a whiter than white Bar tan but does anyone actually get a holiday tan.

I always do!  But then again,I am a Queenslander who loves the beach and I go to either Jomtien(most days) or Koh Larn (a least once a week weather permitting) and just sit under an umbrella for a few hours in between swims.It is a lifestyle that I have had for probably 50 odd years and love it.After the beach I go back to the hotel(Baybreeze),jump in the pool and wash off all the sand and salt before lying on a deckchair for 15 or 20 minutes,then go back to the room.Very relaxing.I am not one to sit in a bar all day and try to avoid drinking alcohol before the sun goes down.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

The average UV index in Pattaya in January is 11.  Put in context, the highest index in the UK in the peak of summer is 8.  Even through cloud cover, you'll fry like a kipper if you're not careful about sun exposure if you tan in Pattaya.

Folks don't seem to go out suntanning too much unless they're propped up on the beach, especially during the middle of the day.  The heat is extreme but what knocks most of us off is the humidity.  Mind you, most of the mongering fraternity are late risers and usually carrying a hangover, so sitting in the sun isn't an option.

Yes, you can get a tan, and there'll be a few others around doing the same thing.  Pattaya beach is pretty shitty (literally), so aim to be poolside or at a beach out of town.

Remember the sunscreen!

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I also do, nothing pleases me more than to lie by a pool in the morning re-charging my batteries for the day ahead.. Always get a good tan...

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Did surprise me when I first visited how many pale, pasty guys sitting in bars nursing a beer at lunchtime. Waco to their own...

I never go the beach during my stays in Pattaya but i always make dure that i book a hotel with a pool.

I try to catch my daily bit of sun at the hotelpool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stay out of the sun as much as possible, I am fair skinned and tan (burn) easily. The sun there is intense.

After a bout with skin cancer last year, I have come to realize that the sun kills.

Many people do, Though the sun can be pretty intense in Pattaya. It doesn't take much time to get burnt. One does need to be careful.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

I get a slight tan after a few weeks in Pattaya although i don't laze around the pool or on the beach at all .

Some guys have no chance of a tan as they don't get up til late afternoon !    I don't suppose they care anyway .

Mikeyboy

I always do!  But then again,I am a Queenslander who loves the beach and I go to either Jomtien(most days) or Koh Larn (a least once a week weather permitting) and just sit under an umbrella for a few hours in between swims.It is a lifestyle that I have had for probably 50 odd years and love it.After the beach I go back to the hotel(Baybreeze),jump in the pool and wash off all the sand and salt before lying on a deckchair for 15 or 20 minutes,then go back to the room.Very relaxing.I am not one to sit in a bar all day and try to avoid drinking alcohol before the sun goes down.

I do the same. :GoldenSmile1:

I try and get a tan and spend time by the pool but by the time I get up it's nearly afternoon and too bloody hot! Last time in Patts I went to the pool/sauna place in Jomtien which I really enjoyed and found it a great hangover cure...and I got a bit of sun albeit a bit late.  

I also do, nothing pleases me more than to lie by a pool in the morning re-charging my batteries for the day ahead.. Always get a good tan...

same as ........i love a couple of hours by the pool reading a book.........

I get sunburnt walking down the bloody street, so it's suncream all the way for me.

Get a bit red when it sweats off during the day, but it's not too bad.

Did surprise me when I first visited how many pale, pasty guys sitting in bars nursing a beer at lunchtime. Waco to their own...

I guess that is one way to avoid skin cancer!

I get a slight tan after a few weeks in Pattaya although i don't laze around the pool or on the beach at all .

Some guys have no chance of a tan as they don't get up til late afternoon !    I don't suppose they care anyway .

Mikeyboy

Very true. 

I typically vary between hanging out by the pool, walking around looking for something mischievous to do, or relaxing in the air conditioned hotel room.  But I do typically manage to build up a bit of a tan after a week or three in Patts.

I spent three weeks may/June this year and came back white :-D .heading back for xmas and plan on relaxing by the pool, as much as possible.

I have stopped deliberately trying to tan. My lifestyle in the UK the bits most people see always come back well tanned without me trying and most say "you look well". I openly admit to all, that my holidays are not about getting a tan but getting my expression of "rest and recuperation" .

I work with many who not only try to return from holiday looking like an overdone steak but a great number of females who spend a fortune on "tanning salons" as well as fake tan. It was quite funny that when some of them realised my "penchant" for olive skinned girls, they asked why? !

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of times in the beach and I will get enough tan to avoid the "bar tanning" questions back home. Next time we will have a hotel with the pool so I think will be sunbathe a little bit more. Remeber to get the sunscreen lotions from home. It's quite difficult to find lotions which are not the "whitening" stuff from Pattaya and they are pretty expensive also.

Aww man the sun in Thailand is just burning! I follow the example of the locals and stay out of it as much as possible, ever wear a t-shirt when going to the beach!

+I hate supplying those lotions to my body!

• 2 months later...

A couple of hours on the beach will make me tanned enough. Coming from a northern country, my skin is sensitive to sunlight and I get sunburn easily. That is why I always use a high sun protection factor (50) while traveling in the tropics.

A few years ago in Singapore, I made the mistake of putting on a collarless T-shirt. In the evening my neck was sunburnt and itchy. After that I have remembered to wear shirts with a collar.

About  half of the trips I returned home white skin and shit happend. Is it important. Some of trips I even bathed in the sea or swimming pool.

:hello09: 

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

by the time i've woken up and had breakfast its usually dark and time to get to the gym before it closes! completely nocturnal when i'm in pattaya

I go to Jomtien beach most days for a swim and a tan,I tan pretty easy so it's no problem.

Robw

Archived