Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A380 Emirates/Business Class

dirtyden

Hi Guys

Has any one ever traveled on the A 380 airbus?
I have booked a return with emirates from Bkk to Manchester, business class

I have heard and seen there is a bar on it up stairs, any info and guidance please

Also what are the normal business class seats like on emirates /200/330 models please??

Kind regards

dirty

I have flown the airbus twice now and the only problem I have is that it's very very hard to go back to cattle class after :)

First class is like flying in a top hotel including hot shower with under floor heating and top class food.

Business class is great too. Yes there is a private bar with a standing area and fancy snacks.

You are in for a treat.....  Like the other said, very hard to go back to cattle after that....

Flight-001.jpg

flown few times as well and as mentioned above its very hard to go back to cattle class. On A380 there are about 74 Business Class seats, all seat have access to isle. also there is on board bar at the rear of the plane with standing and sitting area. Though mine were all upgrades one complementary upgrade from LHR to DXB. really enjoyed it with all the pampering. Though I did not like there wine that much so i was on Chivas (18 years) all the way. cheers enjoy your flight!

Look me up on You Tube.....Flipperhull.......I put a video on there from one of the times that I have flown Business on the A380. Been upgraded to Business 4 times now on that aircraft.....it really is the way to travel!!!

Cheers,

FlipperSoi8

Hi Guys

Has any one ever traveled on the A 380 airbus?I have booked a return with emirates from Bkk to Manchester, business classI have heard and seen there is a bar on it up stairs, any info and guidance please

Also what are the normal business class seats like on emirates /200/330 models please??Kind regardsdirty

Haven't done the A380 but have flown the 200/300 a few times earlier this year. The seat is generally the same except the surrounds are more confined than on the 380. And it isn't good. Because it is confined and they have that control module (a bit like a iPad for controlling the tv) there is literally no armrest on one side of the seat, so your moving your arm continually to try and get comfortable.

The Emirates experience was the best I have ever encountered. Lounges are brilliant and the service off and on the plane was genuinely great. Everyone was genuinely nice. But that seat on the 200/300 planes will mean I will take the Qantas option next time for business. Unless it is the A380 as the layout is much better from what I can see on their website.

Thanks guys

it sure looks and sounds very good,

its not worth the money i am sure but its high season, next time i am in cattle class,,

kind regards

dirty

Whenever I've checked there has been a fairly large difference in the price between Emirates business class from the UK and Schiphol. As much as £1000 at times which would pay for the return flight to Amsterdam, a good hotel and a bloody good night out plus change.

Emirates A380 is, or was, the first aircraft to be on Google street view.

http://www.emirates.com/no/english/flying/our_fleet/emirates_a380/emirates_a380.aspx  Click on the E or B to change from upper to lower decks.

Personally I think that seat 23A and K are the best business seats if you like to feel like you are in your own little world.

Propping the bar up is a jolly good way to fly.

Agreed Emirates business class is very good, I love the whole experience - the bar is great and the last time was chatting to 2 lovely girls there from Croatia - no going back downstairs now!

Also the chaffeur service makes it easy to get home after getting pissed in the bar onboard!

Flown on the A380 a few times now.  No better flying experience IMO.

Watch a film, stand at the bar for an hour, repeat a couple of times and your there....fantastic

I have just written a post about the A380 on another post....

{paste}

I flew on the A380 on the LHR-DXB leg of my last trip to LOS.

I didn't rate it.. On my photo , see where my book that is your armrest and its too high, after a while it hurts your shoulder, there is a lower armrest but it is quite small and you find yourself using the shelf.

The food was great,, but it always is in Business ( except KLM)

The business class lounge at Heathrow for Emirates was built just for A380 passengers and was fantastic.

Down side is you are on a separate floor to cattle

The lounge, the boarding gate and jetty to the plan are all upstairs - half the fun of traveling business class is walking past the economy passengers at the boarding gate and them looking in Business Class area and seeing us drinking Champagne.

The A380 is definately a different experience, it takes off differently to other jets.

Don't get a seat at the back of business class as there is a bar right at the back and some common people with money (or cattle that got an upgrade) will stand for the whole flight drinking free booze and they get loud .

3181_85741777677_2780500_n.jpg

Velcro, I remember that reportagem very well. I am leaving the Royal Orchid lounge in HKG immediately after this post. Had hot shower, recharged Ipad, over indulged in every aspect, and I haven't even boarded the flight....

TGOEA

I fly it quite frequently from Dubai to Bangkok and usually only leave the bar for take offs and landing since there is seating around the bar.

Lovely flight but usually the 777 is cheaper option with the same great service and better seating in my opinion.

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?

Hi Guys

I have heard and seen there is a bar on it up stairs, any info and guidance please

Also what are the normal business class seats like on emirates /200/330 models please??

Kind regards

dirty

flew the a380 business class a few times its awesome no plane comes close get to the bar at the rear and enjoy used to fly emirates 4times a year till they cut the airmiles in half etihad now

I'll be flying into BKK in business on the Emirates A380, can anyone confirm if you get a priority pass for immigration, or whether you get to use a separate area?

Otters-pocket-thong.png

Down side is you are on a separate floor to cattle

The lounge, the boarding gate and jetty to the plan are all upstairs - half the fun of traveling business class is walking past the economy passengers at the boarding gate and them looking in Business Class area and seeing us drinking Champagne.

Don't get a seat at the back of business class as there is a bar right at the back and some common people with money (or cattle that got an upgrade) will stand for the whole flight drinking free booze and they get loud .

Mmm... What is worse? Having a beer at a bar on an aeroplane or getting off on economy passengers seeing you live the high life?

Mmm... What is worse? Having a beer at a bar on an aeroplane or getting off on economy passengers seeing you live the high life?

My thought exactly. The poster was very condescending for some reason of others which considering he posted a somewhat unfavourable photo was rather odd !

oh well, i will check it out in jan now . as working over time, such is life

be good people, see u when u see me 

regards

dirty

I'll be flying into BKK in business on the Emirates A380, can anyone confirm if you get a priority pass for immigration, or whether you get to use a separate area?

yes you get a fast track card for immigration

Hi Guys

Kind regards

dirty

Whats the price dfference between economy and business. From australia to bkk flying thai its $800 vs $4,000. return

Its just such a ripoff -  I only ever did it once. The price difference is pretty much my 10 day budget in Pattaya.

Double the price I can understand. But 5 times. For what, flat bed for 9 hours, marginally better food, airport lounge. I can't see $3,200 worth of value there

12 Pints in Know it all

Whats the price dfference between economy and business. From australia to bkk flying thai its $800 vs $4,000. return

Its just such a ripoff -  I only ever did it once. The price difference is pretty much my 10 day budget in Pattaya.

Double the price I can understand. But 5 times. For what, flat bed for 9 hours, marginally better food, airport lounge. I can't see $3,200 worth of value there

Isn't worth it for flat out buying the ticket at that price, but I'd guess that only about 50% or less of the tickets are actually purchased for face value. The rest are upgrades or award tickets.  It would be a lot easier to swallow if paying only around $2k, which is quite feasible with a little frequent flyer magic.  

Aside from the seat and service, there's expedited security and customs. That's worth its weight in gold.  

Emirates business class passengers get free chauffeur driven limo pick up if you live within 70 miles radius of the airport. Plus a limo to your destination from Suvarnabhumi, within 60km. The excess charge for a trip tp Pattaya is 2500 baht.

My thought exactly. The poster was very condescending for some reason of others which considering he posted a somewhat unfavourable photo was rather odd !

I think it was a bit tongue in cheek, actually...

I think it was a bit tongue in cheek, actually...

Well he looks like he has something stuffed in his cheeks!

Well he looks like he has something stuffed in his cheeks!

I am a pretty big guy myself...  if you want to criticize fellow board members that are overweight, you won't have too much trouble finding targets here... but you won't be making too many friends either...

back to the topic, I flew business class on my last trip using miles, and am dreading the coach trip I am doing in January... but I will have enough miles piled up again for a business class seat for the trip after!  loving the credit card game, thanks  BM footypj!

not likely to take emirates from the west coast of the USA, but a lay flat seat on any plane is a HUGE luxury on the 20+ hour journey from here to the promised land...

Archived