IGNORED

Rabies, anyone ?

Duvel

Has anybody experienced rabies (or been vaccinated against it) ?
In another thread ( http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/167804-how-many-expats-own-a-dog-in-pattaya/ ) the topic of rabies was brought up.
Rabies is a very scary disease and often fatal and Thailand appears to be one of the “hubs” of it:
“India has the highest rate of human rabies in the world, primarily because of stray dogs. (...) As of 2007, Vietnam had the second-highest rate, followed by Thailand; in these countries, the virus is primarily transmitted through canines (feral dogs and other wild canine species).”
(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabies#Epidemiology )

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

If bitten by a stray/wild dog or whatever, and blood is drawn, dont take a chance. Get to hospital. They are fully equiped in dealing with this. A number of jabs, about 5, is given at the time, and then a series of about 4 or 5 more jabs over the next few weeks. You must finish the course. They will also give tetanus if you are not sure when your last update was. Blood samples will also be taken to ensure no illurgic(?) reaction.

Hope you are ok if you have experienced this.

I got bitten by a dog while on holiday in Pattaya,  I wasn't too worried as the dog was well looked after and in the two weeks I had been there it did not display any unusual traits, but I went to the clinic near Babydolls and got a rabies vaccine, it was five jabs in all. When I got back home it was the weekend and I could not get to a doctor, so went to the emergency of my nearest hospital. they never had any vaccine to finish the course off, I was not allowed to buy the last two jabs I needed whilst in Thailand and bring them back to Aus , then it would have been a simple process to get a doctor to give me the jab. 

I eventualy went to a Travel Doctor here  and they gave me another type of vaccine . the one I had in Thailand was called Rabipur, The Doctor here asked if they injected around the wound , which they never, just the jab in the arm.

Well all turned out ok I never shit on anyone's front lawn or anything like that. Lol

If bitten by a stray/wild dog or whatever, and blood is drawn, dont take a chance. Get to hospital. They are fully equiped in dealing with this. A number of jabs, about 5, is given at the time, and then a series of about 4 or 5 more jabs over the next few weeks. You must finish the course. They will also give tetanus if you are not sure when your last update was. Blood samples will also be taken to ensure no illurgic(?) reaction.

I guess you mean allergic”.

their ≠ there ≠ they’re; theirs ≠ there’s; your ≠ you’re; its ≠ it’s; whose ≠ who’s;

bearback ≠ bareback; loose ≠ lose; too ≠ to; wander ≠ wonder; then ≠ than;

men ≠ man; women ≠ woman; know ≠ now ≠ no; quiet ≠ quite; site ≠ sight;

except ≠ accept; of ≠ 've; waist ≠ waste; sure ≠ shore; etc. (et cetera) ≠ ect.

I had rabies vaccine decades ago. The injection sites were a little itchy but that was the worst of it. 

I got bitten by a dog while on holiday in Pattaya,  I wasn't too worried as the dog was well looked after and in the two weeks I had been there it did not display any unusual traits, but I went to the clinic near Babydolls and got a rabies vaccine, it was five jabs in all. When I got back home it was the weekend and I could not get to a doctor, so went to the emergency of my nearest hospital. they never had any vaccine to finish the course off, I was not allowed to buy the last two jabs I needed whilst in Thailand and bring them back to Aus , then it would have been a simple process to get a doctor to give me the jab. 

I eventualy went to a Travel Doctor here  and they gave me another type of vaccine . the one I had in Thailand was called Rabipur, The Doctor here asked if they injected around the wound , which they never, just the jab in the arm.

Well all turned out ok I never shit on anyone's front lawn or anything like that. Lol

I had rabies vaccine decades ago. The injection sites were a little itchy but that was the worst of it. 

Are they expensive those anti-rabies vaccinations ?

Archived