Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Struggling for a hotel room, Opey De a reasonable option?

Mick Pattaya

So all of a sudden I have decided that I want to be in Patts for the new year madness, however struggling to find a hotel with availability (arrival date-31-12-13), looked up Agoda but the search throws up limited options with primarily far flung Jomtien hotels, mailed a few hotels as well but no positive response. Opey Dey on Lengkee does have availability, is it a reasonable option?, anyone stayed there recently?, the hotel thread on PA is pretty dated & therefore does not give the up to date status. Anyone with info please help a fellow addict plunge into the high season mayhem.

Thanks in advance.

................................................................................................................

Opey is pretty basic but clean hotel that covers all the bases. Consider it as a good guesthouse with pool.

Girl friendly. No free internet though, AFAIK.

Book here:

http://www.wgfriendly.com/girl_friendly_hotel_details.php?id=443

Walk across road to The Place to Bee and free internet

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Walk across road to The Place to Bee and free internet

Sorry, didn't get you.

................................................................................................................

Used to stay at the opey de plaice quite a lot

But the hotel put it,s rates up by about 30% last year now stay elsewhere

The rooms are abit date d but the hotel has a good swimming pool and very good location

if you are checking in 31/12 I would book ASAP as the hotel is normally full at peak high season

It does so have free wifi but can be bit unreliable. Oddly you can pick up the reception wifi on Soi Diana though. The post that described it as a good guesthouse with a good pool was spot on.

I have never stayed there nearly did once but reading the comments in the reviews decided against I think it still could be ok as you are going to arrive at the worst time. Lots of vacancies after new year, have you tried www.Booking.com ?

So all of a sudden I have decided that I want to be in Patts for the new year madness, however struggling to find a hotel with availability (arrival date-31-12-13), looked up Agoda but the search throws up limited options with primarily far flung Jomtien hotels, mailed a few hotels as well but no positive response. Opey Dey on Lengkee does have availability, is it a reasonable option?, anyone stayed there recently?, the hotel thread on PA is pretty dated & therefore does not give the up to date status. Anyone with info please help a fellow addict plunge into the high season mayhem.

Thanks in advance.

I got the room I wanted at my usual, Flipper House Soi 7 last week, Dec22~Jan2.

Book online, they still have quit a few on the site. Make the deposit. May take a while for them to get back to you, they seem to be holding some back, trying to get longer bookings rather than 3-4 night guests.

Then if haven't had confirmation, you follow up with a call a few days later, they're pretty helpful at that point and will do all they can.

Thanks in advance.

You didn't say how long you want a room for ?

just go ahead and book the room,no problems.unless you want to stay in a high end five star hotel.

It is a decent place in a superb location,close to nightlife action,food no problem.

you can book a suite room if you like a larger room with kitchen.

shri

If it's all you can get - book it, it's not fantastic, the pool's ok, but there's no in room safes, they have them in the reception area, but not something i was overly comfortable with. I'd booked one night then moved to the flipper.

If it's all you can get - book it, it's not fantastic, the pool's ok, but there's no in room safes, they have them in the reception area, but not something i was overly comfortable with. I'd booked one night then moved to the flipper.

Lee, when did you stay there? There are mos def modern in room safes. I stayed there last week.

Really great little microcosm of why you can't believe most of what you read on foruns, this thread. First, they don't have free Wi Fi, which they do, then safes, and toss in geezer b who's never stayed there but has an opinion anyway.

Lee, when did you stay there? There are mos def modern in room safes. I stayed there last week.

Really great little microcosm of why you can't believe most of what you read on foruns, this thread. First, they don't have free Wi Fi, which they do, then safes, and toss in geezer b who's never stayed there but has an opinion anyway.

I have stayed at opey many times they have always had free wi fi but it is hit

and miss with the signal .

the in room safes are a recent addition , put in after march when I last stayed

there .

as posted earlier prices have increased as well .

there .

Fair enough but the post said NO free wifi and safe info was not current. Though prices may have risen, Imho Opey compares well for value compared to its competitors in the Lengkee area, particularly Sutus 1 which had good wifi but a shit pool compared to Opey (dirty and no sun).

Fair enough but the post said NO free wifi and safe info was not current. Though prices may have risen, Imho Opey compares well for value compared to its competitors in the Lengkee area, particularly Sutus 1 which had good wifi but a shit pool compared to Opey (dirty and no sun).

I should have said "no free in-room internet".

The wifi is available in the reception area and while from some rooms it is possible to catch the signal, from others it's not. It also depends on the performance of the wireless adapter in the guest's device.

That's not what I call "Free WIFI".

And my site's info on safes is current.

I should have said "no free in-room internet".

The wifi is available in the reception area and while from some rooms it is possible to catch the signal, from others it's not. It also depends on the performance of the wireless adapter in the guest's device.

That's not what I call "Free WIFI".

And my site's info on safes is current.

Okay, there aren't safes in the rooms. Fuck....

Ridiculous prices for Xmas/NY period at Opey, they've risen fairly recently.  Shame because it's a great location.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I stayed there for several nights on my last trip. Rooms were a little dated, but big and comfortable.

I did get free wifi, and the connection was good,( good enough to check my emails), pool downstairs and balcony in room.

The safes at reception are good. I actually prefer this as I believe they are safer than in room safes.

Location can't be beat.

Overall, fairly decent place, not the Taj Mahal by any means, but pretty fair.

• 2 months later...

there .

Sorry Missed this, arrived halloween 2012 - they had safety deposit boxes in reception in a glass cage area - maybe they've upgraded or my room didn't have one.

Archived