IGNORED

Air Asia

MintyCock

Whilst in LOS, I'd also like to take some time visiting other countries that are nearby which could include Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Cambodia, Phillipines etc. Would there be any problem if after about 2-3 weeks in LOS, I spent about a week or two traveling around to some other countries before flying back to Bangkok to catch my flight to London?

Would also appreciate your feedback regarding flying with Air Asia, whether you have done similar short trips whilst in LOS and any recommendations as to which countries to visit (I am interested in things beyond P4P).

Thanks

Edited by mintycheese

Would there be any problem if after about 2-3 weeks in LOS, I spent about a week or two traveling around to some other countries before flying back to Bangkok to catch my flight to London?

Do it all the time....what kind of problems are you refering to.....visas????

Air Asia is my favorite airline....cheap and usually on time.

No problems at all, afterall they make money everytime you leave the country.

One thing to keep in mind with airasia or any airline I guess is you will want to get

back to BKK a day before your flight leaves for home....these airlines could have a cancellation

or a mixup of some sort leaving you stranded and having to scramble to find a way back.

If you fly to Singapore, take Tiger Airways. Same price but much more modern planes and better service. Air Asia are ok but planes looked like they were from the 70s.

I fly Air Asia frequently. It's been a great airline for me. The flight attendants are typically beautiful and delightful. If you book well in advance you can get some amazing deals. Another good option is Bangkok Air. They fly some places that Air Asia does not.

Definately go to Siem Reap, Cambodia and see the temples of Angkor Wat. You will never forget it. You can do it in 2 or 3 days. There are some great hotels there as well. Singapore is a beautiful, clean, well done city but if you're looking the soul of Asia you wont find it there. And it's more expensive.

Malaysia? Hmmm ... Kuala Lumpur is similar to Singapore only muslim--not quite as refined. Penang is a nice island with a few good resorts. East Malaysia is really primitive and much more interesting .. but remember, Malaysia is Muslim. If you dive there are some amazing islands around Malaysia.

If you like islands go to Koh Tao in the gulf of Thailand. Its a 2 hour ferry ride from Koh Samui and well worth the trip.

My 2 cents.

• 3 weeks later...

Within the region, I've flown NokAir (Thai), Tiger, Silk(Singapore), ValuAir/JetStar-Asia(Quantas). In addition to previous comments, you may want to check into JetStar Asia also. It's a discount airline funded by Quantas based out of Singapore to most cities in the region. Like most discount carriers, they have baggage restrictions. But they are on-time and have the Quantas quality/maintenance record behind them.

Anyone heard when airasia from london to KL starts, cant find much online

Air Asia fly to Hanoi which is a cool fcukin place to visit, Ive travelled through Vietnam and can vouch that you get a better feel for the country from Hanoi than you do from Saigon.

No problem flying to other countries.

air asia are a good cheep airline, very similar to easyjet (visiters to europe will know what im talking about) but a better more friendly service.

You can enter and leave thailand as often as you like as long as you dont overstay your visa which will be valid for a month each time you enter.

You may have to get visas for some countries but the travel agant will tell you about that.

You dont need one for Singapore, you can get one on entry to Cambodia and you have to get vietnsamese visas from the emabssy.

Not sure about other countries but as i say the travel agent in thailand an explain it all.

Have fun.

Cheers Mick