Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Time to get tourist visa to Australia

toyotaman

My girlfriend put visa application in on Monday for a tourist visa to Australia and she just got a massage to say its ready for pick up and it's only Thursday. Is that good or bad ?? .thanks for the help

Really ? Wow.... Good for her & you ! I thought it was very hard to get one for here....

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Really ? Wow.... Good for her & you ! I thought it was very hard to get one for here....

We got the visa in Bangkok not Australia

My girlfriend put visa application in on Monday for a tourist visa to Australia and she just got a massage to say its ready for pick up and it's only Thursday. Is that good or bad ?? .thanks for the help

Sorry what I am trying to ask is,if we got it back so fast does that mean it's not get visa??

yes it means go pick up your visa

my tgs visa the first time last yr it took 5 days this time back in august it took 7 days

I'd say it's very good.

That's very quick but I'd say good news. They didn't question anything or ask for more info so it's all good.

Enjoy your 48R!!

VR

To help other guys that are doing these same (numerous threads at moment), could you share some details on what you included re sponsorship statements, statements from current company she works for, proof of relationship and her status re proving to Aust government she is low risk for staying in Australia beyond the visa timeframe.

I've done it twice (different girls) once from Aus and once as an expat living in Thailand.

48R Tourist visa need to prove 3 basic criteria

• Sufficient funds to cover any eventuality
  • The relationship is genuine
  • The girl will return within the terms of the visa

First one is easy, if you are a contact person/friend at the other end you can supply documentation to show you have the income. Bank statements, group certificate, payslips. 6 Months worth is a good rule of thumb to prove your income.

Second part is a bit tougher. Supply photos of you two together, not sitting in a bar or go-go but doing tourist things, temple, Koh Larn, BBQ, shopping. Any photos of her with your family members are great (long shot) if you've got them. Don't say you met in a bar but rather at a party or in a restaurant where she waits tables. If she has a legitimate job you can tell the truth, met at her hair salon/book shop/family business whatever. The authorities probably won't believe you but at least you're not providing information they would need to ignore. I.E. Bar girl. Phone bills from home if you have them are good to prove contact with the girl over a period of time.

Third part can be a bit tricky. If she owns a block of land in Thailand, problem solved. If some family land has her name on the documentation this is great. If she has a kid, this can help a little. If she has a legitimate job and can get a letter from her employer to say her position is held open for her return, also very good. Proof of ownership of a car or any other reason to return to Thailand rather than stay on in Aus.

All this may sound ridiculous but the more good info you can supply up-front, the better the chances of a fast approval. Visa agents can take care of everything for you if you're uncertain but will obviously charge you significant fee. If however you go for it without any agents help and it is declined, it may make it more difficult when re-applying.

The two times I went through this, I went for overkill on paperwork, everything was legitimate with photos and documebtation and I didn't have a problem.

As a formality, you should supply a letter of invitation to the girl. use her correct name as shown on her passport and clearly state you will meet her at the airport on arrival and see her safely off at departure. You will also pay for flights, accommodation, living expenses and any medical expenses should they arise. (Medicare offers nothing to a Thai national on holidays)

Good luck!

VR

It coming back early only means that it was processed quickly. It is not an indication of whether a visa was issued or not.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thanks for all the info guys. She is going in on Monday find out how we went with it..

scumbag they keep you guessing till you get to the vfs to pick it up,  they say nothing other than your passport is ready to be picked up , you think is it passed or not I think they like to mess with your brain a little

thankfully on the two occasions they were passed

scumbag they keep you guessing till you get to the vfs to pick it up,  they say nothing other than your passport is ready to be picked up , you think is it passed or not I think they like to mess with your brain a little

thankfully on the two occasions they were passed

VFS are not authorised to inform the applicant of the result of the application. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't know the result of individual applications.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

All good she got visa. She is flying here in 2days !!!!

Congratulations mate, normally the speed of a result depends on how busy they are,

Posted Image

Yep

The Oz Embassy is pretty efficient.

Got myself a new Passport in three working days.

Kind of a Bugger, had to turn around and head back from Patts after being told it would take 7 to 10.

Great ! Lucky guy (and lucky girl). Have both a good time, and please post us a "reverse report" to share with us all the good things.

I've done it twice (different girls) once from Aus and once as an expat living in Thailand.

48R Tourist visa need to prove 3 basic criteria

• Sufficient funds to cover any eventuality
  • The relationship is genuine
  • The girl will return within the terms of the visa

Great informations. thanks.

Congrats to you both, hope it works out well. Nice weather in Perth this tme of year too!

VR

Success stories are always good to see and what I like about this forum is it is not all doom and gloom.  :ThumbUp6:

Posted Image

Archived