Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Book a flight with hotel or hope for the best?

Panudate

I was just wondering if you guys booked your hotels with your flights or just found one when you arrived. I am not a newbie to Thailand but have never had to to book a hotel before. I am fairly sure that you get a better rate if you get the hotel in Thailand than if you were to book it with flight, but was just wondering whether its better to be sure of somewhere to stay or just hope for the best!

Any feedback welcome

Thanks

Mikey Mike

last time we booked hotel and flight together as a package, this year we're staying at the same place but booked our flight/hotel on net separately and have saved £300!!!

Thats a great saving, loads of short times there! hehe

Try this travel agent who only deals with Thailand and SE Asia.

Thai Fares

Ask for Frank.

UK based

If you just walk in off the street in Pattaya and try and get a room you'll get charged the rack rate.

I never buy a package deal. Always look for lowest flight and choose otel based on prior experiance.

Search the boards for recomendations on hotels. For a nice two roomchoice you can try the residence garden (1399/night)

I never buy a package deal. Always look for lowest flight and choose otel based on prior experiance.

Search the boards for recomendations on hotels. For a nice two roomchoice you can try the residence garden (1399/night)

Never buy a package either, I try to find the cheapest flight (but not unreasonable, 1 short transit max, no waiting 7 hours in the taipeh airport like my first trip :22600584-Th: ) and book hotel by internet (cheap rates usually) before I leave. I many times book for 4 days or 1 week only (and I stay 2 week) so it make change of plans possible (going to Phuket for example, or changing hotel.). for staying longer in the hotel, I speak with receiption about giving me same price...they sometimes agree, sometimes not, even if it is in their interest: they bypass the internet commission...If no agreement, i just reserve by internet again from a cybercafe...

I have been to thailand twice so far, christmas 2005 i booked a flight via expedia and a hotel from them too but seperately

as they didnt seem to want to supply a business class flight in a package( thai airways)

Christmas 2006 i booked a flight with expedia via Etihad business class and it was wonderful, did a lot of research and

after help from the thai forums i booked online direct with sabai lodge and got a nice discount from the published rates.

Have booked this christmas for Etihad business class again but booked with airline-network.co.uk as they were cheaper

than expedia this year for some reason(booked early and saved 200 pounds on what i paid last year)

hotel for this year i am not decided yet, maybe sabai lodge or maybe the lk metropole, have 6 months to decide :22600584-Th:

I always book air and hotel separately. Look for airline consolidators specializing in travel to SE Asia. For hotels, you can go to these websites,

asiarooms.com

asiatravel.com

I have heard stories that during peak seasons, hotels will overbook their rooms and in LOS and you are out of luck. There is no such thing as walking a guest to another hotel and the overbooked hotel will pay for your arrangements. Always inquire and confirm of your hotel stay with a confirmation number and let the the hotel and hotel arrangement provider know your flight schedule especially if you are arriving the wee hours on the evenings.

Read the hotel reviewers and get an Idea the area you wish to stay in ,

and book though the net ,

You can book for just a few days and find a new place when there if you wish ,

also booking with a package you may get a hotel with joiners fees ,

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

Read the hotel reviewers and get an Idea the area you wish to stay in ,

and book though the net ,

You can book for just a few days and find a new place when there if you wish ,

also booking with a package you may get a hotel with joiners fees ,

Joe

If you dont know your way around go with a old hand or package find your feet then go back and go for it always remember they have police that can and will take you away then your talking big BHT to get out of your drunken foolish mistake

i always book a flight only when you can travel when you want check 2 or 3 websites for flights to make sure youve got the best price for hotels need to decide whereabouts you want to stay then check the different sitess maybe book for a couple of nights in case you want to change

Cause of my arrival-time i n BKK (5am or 7am), i always reserve a hotelroom up front cause i wanna get a rest first. For the rest of my vacation i just see what comes along.

• 2 years later...

I always book the first 1 or 2 nights in a hotel. Then I book the rest after I get there. You always get a much better price and room when you walk in off the street. You can also ask to see the room before you pay which gives you an advantage.

COYS

• 1 month later...

Until two years ago you could always get as cheaper flight as a package when it included a couple of nights at a hotel . Best deal i ever got was with thomas cook flew with Thai for £480 included transfers and two nights at the Asia (knew of and would never recommend to stay - just booked in showered etc, napped and then got a taxi to intown for 100Bt and got a taxi back there to meet my transfer home, oh and i had lunch down on their beach next day and a dip in their pool.

Airlines/travel companies used to sell especially cheap seats but legally they had to be a package.

Even if you have booked an hotel always take the driver into foyer and ask him to wait a moment for his tip donot book in or sign anything until you have seen the room , ensured the air-con hotwater etc. works if you have not signed that you accept their allocation you can walk away and they have the problem of getting money off you . Credit card companies will need them to produce written signed confirmation that you have used the room and a taxi driver will be delightwd to take you to another hotel (commission) this simple precaution works anywhere in the world especially late at night in UK &Europe who will often try to stick you in the worst room available.

Good advice, esp. being stuck in the broom cupboard at 2.30 in the morning! A few years ago I did a 'package' to Amsterdam with BA. Superb price of £100 from London with 2 nights B&B (great hotel and used it afterwards as well) just down the road from Central station. Never been able to repeat that.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I booked both together the first time, after that I decided that where I stayed was too important...I always stay for over 6 weeks and with monthly rates I do much better to book separately....if I was staying for one week or two I might feel differently ....In Pattaya I like the LK Metro area...in Bangkok I like the soi 19 area for hotels...Last trip I stayed on soi 3 near second road but it is back to LK Metro area for me......

I was just wondering if you guys booked your hotels with your flights or just found one when you arrived. I am not a newbie to Thailand but have never had to to book a hotel before. I am fairly sure that you get a better rate if you get the hotel in Thailand than if you were to book it with flight, but was just wondering whether its better to be sure of somewhere to stay or just hope for the best!

Any feedback welcome

Thanks

Mikey Mike

Any feedback welcome

Thanks

Mikey Mike

I might be naive, but I'm curious as to what the bug is doing on each of your posts? In the bottom right hand part of your posts?????

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Last year i visited Paris and booked my hotel thru lastminutetravel. They not only provide cheap price hotels but also provide some great offers to suit your needs. One can find all travel related solutions there. The hotel which i choose from there was really very good and i would like to choose lastminutravel again if needed.

Paris Hotels

• 2 weeks later...

packages normally tourist hotel pay for joiner best book flight then guest friendly hotel may work out cheper or mopre expensive but cost pixed unl;ess bringing back multiple guests so makes easier to work out finances no nasty suprises that makes workinbg out finances easier

I can feel an angel sliding up to me nz immigrants raising the IQ of both countries pattaya makes a humble man hard