Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

(good) Thai Movies

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phantasus

• deadman

• searchrescue

• herds

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have a look at this site, plenty of films to download

Thai Movies

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

Im a big fan of martial arts movies old and new...watched chocolate last night...was a film i thought would be shit but during watching it the moves in the fights are simply fucking awesome a good few blokes recieved heavy cuts during filming it also so did the yound bird...some guy booted her right in the snotter..the original dvd shows the accidents...a truly good martial arts film...for those who like tony jaa checkout tom yum goong aka warrior king, the protector or honour of the dragon (depending where you live)...story line is a bag of shit but some good fights in it especially the ending with the capoeira guy....also checkout the original bangkok dangerous the remake is just laughable just the opening scene in the original is better than the whole hollywood bullshit film remake

"To monger, or not to monger, that is the question"

• 4 weeks later...
Have a look at this site, plenty of films to download

Thai Movies

This seems to be a good site Jason.

I'll check it out later, thanks for this link.

Cheers,

Adrie.

just watched ong bak 2! decent flick but i thought part 1 was better! not related to the first film in anyway really so dont know why they called it ong bak 2? :GoldenSmile1:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

ps i will upload ong bak 2 tonight & post the links in barstool banter...if anyone wants it? :c45ec00b:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Ong-Bak is a must see and the one shot scene in The Protector as he goes up the stairs through the restaurant is simply amazing! I also like the end of the Protector where he starts breaking bones of the goons.

Somtam has to be no.1 haha !!

"Somtum" or "Som Tum" (alternate spellings) was hugely popular with the girls my last trip, and it's pretty light-hearted fun unlike a lot of the heavy stuff you often see in Thai movies. Plus it's based in Pattaya, so you see some shots of WS & surrounding sois.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1251761/

Im a big fan of martial arts movies old and new...watched chocolate last night...was a film i thought would be shit but during watching it the moves in the fights are simply fucking awesome a good few blokes recieved heavy cuts during filming it also so did the yound bird...some guy booted her right in the snotter..the original dvd shows the accidents...a truly good martial arts film...

Also a great tip for some impressive action.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1183252/

-Smelly

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

• 2 months later...

Being enthusiastic about asian films, I think I can recommend few good thai movies, but only few - most of them are really bad.

Last life in the universe - probably the best thai film ever.

69 - really good tarantinoesque thriller - also very funny.

Ai-fak - drama about poor village people, judgement, relationships, taboos and mental illness. Masterpiece.

Fan-chan - a feel good movie about few thai kids, friendship and young love.

Ong Bak - the fight scenes alone make it worth to watch.

Went to the cinema with my TG on my last trip, and we went to see a thai film, cant remember the name, it was a random pick. MY GOD it was boring - the longest two hours of my life. My girl on the other hand had a blast.

• 5 months later...

Saw a good film called Slice (Cheuan) at the cinema a few weeks ago - it's a black comedy, essentially, disguised as a murder-mystery/horror story. As a beneficiary of the newly introduced rating system it was allowed to get away with some violence & gore that could never have been shown previously, and they really go to town with it... some very good special effects, quite stomach-turning at times.

There's also some pretty pointed social commentary, with Pattaya getting a cameo appearance that suggests the writer (Wisit Sasanatiang) doesn't really view the town's existence as a positive contribution to Thai society.

Given what it is that gets sliced, it probably wasn't a good idea to take the girlfriend along with me... not an idea I want to be putting into her head :001_Thank_You5:

For those that have seen it... :001_Thank_You5: anway :LMAO1:

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

• 1 month later...

Anything with Tony Jaa, and that Chocolate movie with the girl that has the mind of like a 5 year old but kicks ass!

• 1 month later...

i watched that ong bok with tony jaa in it 2nite its a quality film , didnt know he did a second one i will try and order it now , id never heard of him untill i watched that film , i wonder why he hasnt been in any big films over in the us

Saw a good film called Slice (Cheuan) at the cinema a few weeks ago - it's a black comedy, essentially, disguised as a murder-mystery/horror story. As a beneficiary of the newly introduced rating system it was allowed to get away with some violence & gore that could never have been shown previously, and they really go to town with it... some very good special effects, quite stomach-turning at times.

There's also some pretty pointed social commentary, with Pattaya getting a cameo appearance that suggests the writer (Wisit Sasanatiang) doesn't really view the town's existence as a positive contribution to Thai society.

Given what it is that gets sliced, it probably wasn't a good idea to take the girlfriend along with me... not an idea I want to be putting into her head :001_Thank_You5:

For those that have seen it... :GoldenSmile1: anway :P

I watched this in the cinema aswell and thought it was a good film. It is quite graphic and definitely disturbing in parts in both a violent and sexual way.

• 1 month later...

Chocolate, still in theatres. Features a young TG who is absolutely amazing in her fighting skills!

Saw this one a few days ago, and I really liked it. Took me some time to get hold of a copy here, don't remember ever seeing it in the movies. But was sure worth the trouble.

Nice fight scenes and pretty decent story too.

i don;t really know a website for anything but asian horror movies

funnily enough www.asianhorrormovies.com

or something like that

thai movies ive seen

13 beloved - it's approached with a sick black humor reminiscent of some jap movies but doesnt quite hold the drama.

ong bak - only seen this jaa movie some long winded stuntsbut all pretty impressive ( emphasis on ppower punching- elbowing )

shutter - its actually pretty old but much better than the remake, reminds me of silent hill dark water type movie.

coming soon - this shit me up so bad i had nightmares its a movie that becomes real "grudge esque but without the clicking and more pissed thai lady

sick nurses - these nurses dont really nurse anything oneof them is pregnant to the doctor and his gf end up being sold for body parts for finding out they deal in that i think.

i watch mostly horrors because sanuk and thai movies help me learn how thai language is spoke

• 2 weeks later...

I was about to make a new thread "Thai Movies... that don't suck" but found this thread instead.

Wonderful Town - Probably the best thai movie I have seen, I was transfixed.It's a story on an architect from Bangkok that goes to Phuket after the tsunami overseeing some construction work, he meets a girl, they chat, you see some nice scenery.. about it:) But none of the usual ghost and slapstick. Be warned though it's very slow paced and character driven, the sort of thing you watch on your own in quiet if you're found of thai culture in general.

Soi Cowboy - I wouldn't really go so far as to say this film is great but quite interesting piece anyway. Basically about a thai girl in bangkok with a farang (switz) boyfriend and their clunky relationship. Goes into a little bit of depth about how young girls from isaan get drawn into working in bars and weighs the pro's and con's of that up from a thai perspective. Again, slow pace and not one for everyone but not the usual thai affair. This is also more of a western film as of the small amount of dialog a large proportion is spoken in english.

Bangkok Dangerous (original) - Someone already said this is good for thai learners as people speak slowly to the deaf guy in the movie. Is it good? hmm, it's ok, just ok.

Sick Nurses - crap.

Dorm - this is ok, probably worth a look if you've exhausted all other options. Has some funny thai dialog between chavy thai kids, hah.

Anyone recommend any other thai drama/serious movies.

Edited by herds

Though I've d/loaded and seen all of the above mentioned movies,

if I've a gal for the night I'll often forgo 'ghost' of fight movies.

Unless the gal says she like the latter, I'll just play a comedy romance

like the original Yam Yasothon or it's sequel Yam Yasothon ll.

Over 10-years in Pats 'n still a 'rookie'

• 2 months later...