Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

(good) Thai Movies

Here is a little list of Thai Movies, that i like to watch. If you know some good movies than please post them.

1. Ong Bak

2. Tom Yum Goong (Ong Bak 2)

3. Shutter

4. Bodyguard 1 &2

5. King Naerusan

6. Sars Wars

7. Thai Girls in Action 23 :GrinNod1:

So thats all I know :Bravo1:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• phantasus

• deadman

• searchrescue

• herds

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is a little list of Thai Movies, that i like to watch. If you know some good movies than please post them.

1. Ong Bak

3. Shutter

4. Bodyguard 1 &2

5. King Naerusan

6. Sars Wars

7. Thai Girls in Action 23 :GrinNod1:

So thats all I know :Bravo1:

How can you forget "The protector" With Tony Jaa? Does ong bak 2 have tony jaa in it?(he's the guy from Ong Bak)

How can you forget "The protector" With Tony Jaa? Does ong bak 2 have tony jaa in it?(he's the guy from Ong Bak)

Oops, my mistake On Bak 2 IS also called the Protector.. Loved both of those flicks... Best movie fight scenes ever, I'll bet they just line up the Ambulances when they're shooting that stuff! I also like how they show a bit of the village life-good stuff.

That Ong Bak has some fantastic, dangerous stunts in it. I read that a lot of the scenes in the follow up "Tom Yam Kung" were filmed in Australia. The film makers apparently had to tone down some of the stunts because they breached Australian safety regulations. The first one was all filmed in Thailand where safety obviously isn't as much of a concern.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

'Beautiful Boxer'

250585-193.jpg

Based on the real life story of Parinya Charoenphol, a Muaythai boxer who underwent a sex change operation to become a woman. The movie chronicles her life from a young boy who likes to wear lipstick and wear flowers to her sensational career as kickboxer whose specialty is ancient Muaythai boxing moves which she can execute expertly with grace and finally her confrontation with her own sexuality which led to her sex change op.

'P' aka The Possessed

pcoverkx0.jpg

Whilst growing up in rural Thailand, a young orphan girl is taught the ways of magic by her grandmother. But when grandmother falls sick, Dau is lured to Bangkok to find work so that she can buy medicine. She finds herself working in a go-go bar, and her journey from naiveté to maturity is swift. She uses the magical skills her grandmother taught her to her advantage, but in doing so makes enemies within the bar. As her magic gets darker, and the consequences increasingly horrific, she gradually loses control, and something evil takes over.

Chocolate, still in theatres. Features a young TG who is absolutely amazing in her fighting skills!

Never trust anything that can bleed for 5-7 days and still live!!

Life is not the amount of breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/28.jpg&text=Until%20I%20am%20balls%20deep%20in%20some%20Thai%20pussy%21%21&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2011&month=0&day=28&hour=19&minute=15&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace Countdown Clocks</a></small></center>

While 'The Protector' was commonly known as 'Ong Bak 2', there really is a sequel to 'Ong Bak' that is supposed to be released sometime this year. I for one, am looking foward to it with quite a bit of anticipation. I hope it's as good as the first one.

You can get some of the details from here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0785035/

Chocolate, still in theatres. Features a young TG who is absolutely amazing in her fighting skills!

I'm trying to download this but keep getting Indian films!

Anyone have any torrent's for it?

Yea, looking forward to its availabilty here, maybe next year. Here is a clip from it, towards the end of the clip, it looks like the actress gets hauled away after getting pretty banged up. They're calling her the female Tony Jaa!

I just love those flicks!

1. Naresuan was mentioned, but there is a part 1 and part 2, and part 3 is to come out in December 2008.

2. Suriyothai --historical movie, happens just before Naresuan. Naresuan was related to Suriyothai.

3. Bang Rajan -- another historical movie, took place about 100 years after Naresuan, about a small village fighting to the death against

the invading Burmese army. Sort of the Thai version of the Alamo, Thermopolae, take your pick about people fighting

against all odds. Really good action movie, and bloody as hell. If you like 300, you will like this as well, but no CGI.

4. Setree Lek -- Number 1 is much better than number 2. Hilarious movie based on a true incident about a team of katoeys vying for the

volleyball championship of Thailand, and all the hurdles and prejudices they incurred.

5. Bangkok Dangerous -- Thai version in 1999, has been remade with Nicolas Cage in the role, to be released in 2008. About a deaf-dumb

contract killer, his life. Good also for those of you learning Thai, since everybody speaks to the hitman really slowly because he is deaf and dumb and has to read lips. Obviously the new version is in English.

6. "69" -- No, it's not a sex movie, thriller /comedy about what happens to a bewildered woman when someone mistakes her apartment for a drug drop safe house and how she copes with what ensues.

7. Yam Yasothorn -- Absolutely hilarious slice of life of a man trying to avoid getting married and other courting rituals in Issan in the 1950's or 1960's. Even reading the English subtitles you will break a stitch and there is a lot of physical and visual humor (color of

clothing and mode of dressing). Really a funny movie. Hopefully I got the title right.

I have seen these either at movies with subtitles, or have rented or bought the DVD's (with subtitles).

Edited by khagai

Love all the Tony Jaa movies for sure. Bangkok Dangerous was excellent as well, I loved how you seen the nightlife a bit in the movie and got a little sense of LOS. If you've already been before, certain things in the movie remind you of LOS. As for horror movies, The Ghost of Mae-Nak was actually a pretty decent movie. Not as scary as some of the Japanese or Korean movies you'll see, but still a good one none the less.

The Protector

Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior

i've also see a movie trailer called chocolate on youtube

Edited by asfalitis

Tears Of The Black Tiger

251963-84.jpg

In the countryside of Thailand, a gang of outlaws makes the region unsafe. Among them is the handsome gun hero Dum, who became unwillingly involved in the bandit life. Handsome Dum made a promise to his upper-crust lover Rumpoey: despite the class difference, they will get married. When the moment of reunion arrives, Dum gets involved in a fire fight and cannot possibly reach Rumpoey in time. She is desperate: her father has married her off to a policeman. The taciturn Dum, called the 'Black Tiger' by his co-conspirators, has however not forgotten Rumpoey. He does everything in his power to reach her, but fate gets in the way: his gang leader suspects him of treachery and his blood brother turns into his greatest enemy. Will the two lovers ever meet up? This urgent question propels the melodrama forward, supported by exciting music, spectacular shootouts and heroic duels.

• 1 month later...

Yea, looking forward to its availabilty here, maybe next year. Here is a clip from it, towards the end of the clip, it looks like the actress gets hauled away after getting pretty banged up. They're calling her the female Tony Jaa!

I just love those flicks! [url=

]
[/ur

That film looks amazing, is there anyway it can be viewed?

Without a family a rich man is very poor

Saw the trailer the last time I was in LOS, it looked brilliant. A film I saw recently was Bang Rajan which is a true story. It's pretty good.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

The Protector

Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior

i've also see a movie trailer called chocolate on youtube

I just love those flicks! [url=

]
[/ur

That film looks amazing, is there anyway it can be viewed?

Saw the trailer the last time I was in LOS, it looked brilliant. A film I saw recently was Bang Rajan which is a true story. It's pretty good.

good movie with an absurd subplot! watched it in feb with alleycat & our respective teelaks! its basically ong bak/tom yum goong but with a woman in the lead role! :D

ps as i mentioned at the time to alleycat, there is something sexy about a woman kicking ass! :wacko:

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

1. Ong Bak

3. Shutter

4. Bodyguard 1 &2

5. King Naerusan

6. Sars Wars

7. Thai Girls in Action 23 :Beer:

So thats all I know :rolleyes:

There were a couple posted on here, thanks to Bryan, that were good.

(1) Bang Rajan, farmers fight the Burmese. (good movie)

(2) Butterfly man, An Englishman who travels with his girlfriend, catches her cheating, then he starts butterflying.

The movie will be ok if you understand what goes on in places like Pattaya, but someone else might find it like a "B" grade movie.

ps as i mentioned at the time to alleycat, there is something sexy about a woman kicking ass! :rolleyes:

Or taking it up the ass, one of the two. :D

There were a couple posted on here, thanks to Bryan, that were good.

(1) Bang Rajan, farmers fight the Burmese. (good movie)

(2) Butterfly man, An Englishman who travels with his girlfriend, catches her cheating, then he starts butterflying.

The movie will be ok if you understand what goes on in places like Pattaya, but someone else might find it like a "B" grade movie.

Butterfly Man? Are you serious? It's got some of the most atrocious acting in it I have ever seen!

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

I'm trying to download this but keep getting Indian films!

Anyone have any torrent's for it?

There's a torrent of Chocolate available,but it's a cam job - shoddy,but sort of watchable.

Or taking it up the ass, one of the two. :P

Butterfly Man? Are you serious? It's got some of the most atrocious acting in it I have ever seen!

That's why i wrote:

"The movie will be ok if you understand what goes on in places like Pattaya, but someone else might find it like a "B" grade movie."

I used the word ok. But for someone addicted to Pattaya they will love it.