IGNORED

Learn Thai while listen to Thai Songs

Drakes

thanks for sharing, thats one of the reasons why i download karaoke music

Many thanks for sharing drakes.

Bryan, where do you download your karaoke from?

thanks for sharing, thats one of the reasons why i download karaoke music

...But isn't Thai music mainly Non tonal?? However, Kareoke is an EXCELLENT way of improving vocabulary...upto the point where you learn...Poor girl love poor boy..argue...poor girl goes with rich boy...he VERY bad man...girl go back to good boy......everybody happy!!

...But isn't Thai music mainly Non tonal?? However, Kareoke is an EXCELLENT way of improving vocabulary...upto the point where you learn...Poor girl love poor boy..argue...poor girl goes with rich boy...he VERY bad man...girl go back to good boy......everybody happy!!

Yes, most of the Thai pop songs aren't exactly Lennon & McCartney (mind you "Love, love me do, you know I love you, I'll always be true" wouldn't win any prizes either).

However it is a good, fun way of learning, just don't start talking to the girls like those loser pretty boys on the Thai pop videos or you'll be the first farang bloke in Thailand who can't get a girl. It would be a shame to end up เหงา ngow (lonely).

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I would love to have the patients to learn Thai :D

I find this as a very good way to learn Thai but every Thai person I have spoken to said Thai people don't talk like that. Thai people instantly know when I ask them what something means if I extracted from a song, they tell me that it sounds like a song or something. Being tonal actually makes singing Thai much more difficult to make the song flow fluently with the correct tones.

I speak better Issan Kmer ( suay) than I do Thai because I got the village children to teach me when I lived there for 8 years...but those days are gone and passed..and Mrs B has banned me from speaking it!!..I have been with Mrs B for 4 years now but we have been speaking English all the time as she didn't speak a word when we met...

I was being fascetious in my reply before..reading kareoke IS a good way to improve vocabulary..tones will come by listening and repeating...My problem now is that I only go home once every 3 months which makes things difficult..I can't use books and tapes ...too much like school!!

I speak better Issan Kmer ( suay) than I do Thai because I got the village children to teach me when I lived there for 8 years...but those days are gone and passed..and Mrs B has banned me from speaking it!!..I have been with Mrs B for 4 years now but we have been speaking English all the time as she didn't speak a word when we met...

I was being fascetious in my reply before..reading kareoke IS a good way to improve vocabulary..tones will come by listening and repeating...My problem now is that I only go home once every 3 months which makes things difficult..I can't use books and tapes ...too much like school!!

All the same, I bet you're glad that you went to school now though.

I found school very easy and did very well....but at 52 I realise that practical experience far out weighs academia when it comes to foreign linguistic skills..

I found school very easy and did very well....but at 52 I realise that practical experience far out weighs academia when it comes to foreign linguistic skills..

I think the two go hand in hand, like the academia is the foundations and the practical experience is what you put onto the foundations. We all have our favourite ways of learning i guess.

Many thanks for sharing drakes.

Bryan, where do you download your karaoke from?

most of it is purchased, i got some from the usual torrent sources and some from asiandvdclub.org

I use karaoke to improve reading skills.. it helps me spell and real aloud. Sometimes there is the roman letter version next to the thai script which is even more of a bonus.

Its funny because if someone asked you to explain a song, its just how you said, always the same

I think the two go hand in hand, like the academia is the foundations and the practical experience is what you put onto the foundations. We all have our favourite ways of learning i guess.

You are,of course, correct. Both methods are mutually supportive..