Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Amari Ocean Tower

princepattaya

I had booked in advance on the internet a seaview deluxe room at the Amari Ocean Tower for valentines night.

It was a 'non-refundable' special internet price of $130 (about 5500bt) per night, not including breakfast!

At the spectacular reception, of which the size of I had never seen the likes of, I was treated like the royalty (that I am), with lemon grass scented cold towels and lemon grass chilled drinks being served to myself and my then gf.

249618-13.jpg

249618-14.jpg

It was a good job I checked in with the girl as she not only had her ID card scanned, but also had to fill out the same form as myself, with name, address etc. This would have been difficult or near impossible if I had dragged a tart back at 4am as usual I thought?

My room was on the 16th floor of this fantastic building, and the lift that contained 3 tv's (?) went up so fast that my ears popped.

249618-15.jpg

249618-16.jpg

249618-17.jpg

It was an open plan affair in the room, with access to the bathroom, shower room and toilet from each side of the huge bed, and a dark wooden screen that can be lowered between the bed and the bath for privacy if needed?

249618-18.jpg

249618-19.jpg

The toilet room had a full length window overlooking the bay and Naklua road, which made my daily shite a lot more enjoyable?

The TV was once again a 40" Samsung LCD affair, and when first turned on came up with my full name on the screen welcoming me.

A DVD/CD player was in the room, along with a glass desk and leather office swivel chair.

2 bathrobes were supplied, which were complimentary use but were available to purchase at 1100bt from reception.

Bottles of Amari water were abundant throughout the room, each side of the bed and at the side of both of the sinks. The mini bar was the better stocked than some mini-marts I have been in, even down to a plastic raincoat and Extra large durex!

The hotel has 2 superb pools, 1 infinity pool and 1 free-form affair. Loads of sunbeds and shaded areas for massages were available too.

249618-20.jpg

The hotel has 4 restaurants if you include Mantra and the steakhouse at the entrance to the place, along with an 'ice bar' where cocktails are mainly served with a pianist in the background most evenings.

249618-21.jpg

249618-22.jpg

I will stop waffling now and let the photos do the talking.

249618-23.jpg

249618-24.jpg

249618-25.jpg

249618-26.jpg

249618-27.jpg

249618-28.jpg

249618-29.jpg

249618-30.jpg

249618-31.jpg

249618-32.jpg

249618-33.jpg

249618-34.jpg

249618-35.jpg

249618-36.jpg

249618-37.jpg

I nipped out of the room at about 5pm for an hour to use the internet downstairs (250bt per hour!!!), and came back to find that the blinds and curtains had been drawn, the bed turned down with an orchid on each side, a small fruit bowl of apples, grapes and chocolates provided, and a quick change of the damp towels that were lying around.

249618-38.jpg

I know that many of you will moan at the price, but for a special occasion I can highly recommend it, and would gladly book there for a longer stay next time.

Prince

Thanks for the report and some cool pics, I had a look at this place before I wanted a room for a few nights but didn't book it as I wasn't too sure if they was girl friendly

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

$130 a night, u must be mad :Cry4:

Mr 300bht (is that how much you spend per day?)

I can assure you that I am quite sane and live by the prophecy of 'you cant take it with you'?

You would be lucky to get a Holiday Inn or Travelodge for that price in the UK these days, and if I can afford it, why not??

HRH Prince :P

Hi mate. Great pics and good info. A little bit pricey for me but there are many BM's who are happy to pay that sort of rate so this info will be really helpful to them. Thanks for sharing.

Testicles

Nice digs honestly, but vs the lady pictured, I say "hotel, schmotel"....very nice indeed.

Cheers,

Liam

i've stayed at a few 3000 baht placed on my first trip and i was always disappointed, that place is well worth the 5.5k

Looks well worth the price mate and thanks for posting....Hopefully I will be able to afford to stay in the future, but who knows what that will bring :P

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Looks great and thanks for the pics, nice for a short stay but not the price range for a long trip

• 9 months later...

Hi all,

Can it be confirmed girl friendly which it sounds like it but is it you have to fill out the form all the time? This would be difficult if to drunk? Would you have to book double and I read that they might try to charge 1000 baht. Is there much freelancers at the bar? How long by taxi to Walking Street? Thanks.

Edited by strikebar8

The Amari hotel, good post prince, but i guess you were placed on the good side of the hotel.

This is the view from Marklands with the Amari in the background. Wouldn't want to pay 5500 baht for that view myself, an heck, isn't it a 1000baht for a joiners fee if you take a lady back? As you said, you can't take it with you.

9.jpg

ภรรยาไทยต้องà¸à¸²à¸£

• 1 month later...

great report

I would on the internet that there is superior room for 68 dollar a night, tax and breakfast included, however do they charge more if you bring girl back? I read somewhere they charge 1000 baht!, and the internet isn't free? I have laptop and I will use their wireless...is it free there vs using their computer in the lobby? thanks

Nice place!

I like to stay in that kind of hotel myself when I am on holidays. As I figure I work hard for my money, so why shouldn't I shout myself a bit of luury.

Unfortunately, all these upmarket joints have a "joiner fee".....which is disappointing.

I've stayed at the Montien before, (on the maiden trip to Pattaya), and that was nice too.

Show me any woman, and I'll show you the bloke thats sick of rooting her!