IGNORED

SYMPHONY Brassiere on 2nd road between soi 7&8

I am not realy any sort of food expert but me and the lass went to this place last night and it was brilliant!!!!

I had chicken with garlic butter in it and she had a steak with the trimmings. We had a bottle of water and 2 glasses of house red and it came to 1100 baht. But trust me, it was worth it because in the UK you would not get much change outta £50.

The owner is a Scottish guy named Hugh and he's been in Pattaya summit like 20 years so knows the place. It is a closed resteraunt so no hawkers, the aircon was spot on and his staff were lovely and polite too.

Here's a few pics

249067-87.jpg

249067-88.jpg

249067-89.jpg

249067-90.jpg

249067-91.jpg

And now for the best bit..........the food. The pics just don't do any justice to how good it was. She even said a few mins ago she is still full from last night and she is 5 months pregnant.

249067-92.jpg

Here's a link to their website

http://www.symphony-pattaya.com/

that meat looks pretty dame tasty right about now.... :D .. thanks for the report....

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

It was honestly up there with the best meals i have had. My girl WILL say if she does'nt like something which i like. She hates Jamisons and anytime we drive past it she makes a sick noise LOL

Trust me gents this is a gem of a place. I don't know the owner of have any financial intrest in it incase some think thats my angle. It just desrves a good rite up and all of us will have passed it a thoudsand times too.

Don't know how many times i've walked pat the place but i've never walked in. Thanks for the tip Q. I'll stop by next trip.

Testicles

Don't know how many times i've walked pat the place but i've never walked in. Thanks for the tip Q. I'll stop by next trip.

Thats it Shugg, it has kicked started me into going into places i have not been before so tonight we went to one of the beach road resteraunts, one just past the hard rock and it was great too. can't remeber it's name but it specalises in Seafood although we both had sweet and sour chicken which was lovely.

Thanks for the info Q allways on the look out for a nice meal in pattaya!

Maybe it has some connections with the previous restaurant in that location, Mata Hari , now on the waay to Jomtien which is one of the best places to dine in Pattaya.

• 1 month later...
It was honestly up there with the best meals i have had. My girl WILL say if she does'nt like something which i like. She hates Jamisons and anytime we drive past it she makes a sick noise LOL

Trust me gents this is a gem of a place. I don't know the owner of have any financial intrest in it incase some think thats my angle. It just desrves a good rite up and all of us will have passed it a thoudsand times too.

It used to be "Mata Hari" until that moved to Nirvana Place.

Hugh took over and has maintained the standards with a shift in emphasis but a very good place to eat. We took some friends there on our last trip, one is vegetarian and said it was one of the best service she had had at a non-spec ialist restaurant

SWMBO and Me always fit in at least one visit each trip out - SO WE'LL BE IN THERE NEXT WE£EK!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I have to report that "Symphony Brasserie" has now closed permanently (as of 30th April 2008)

AFAIK Hugh is to join Pascal & Kim in running "Poseidon" over towards Jomtien although he hopes to be setting up on his own somewhere else, later.

ChrisD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, it's a shame this place closed. I used to eat the when it was Mata Hari and continued to do so when it was Symphony. Shame it's closed although it did loose a big chunk of customers who went to Mata Hari when he moved to his bigger, fancier place.

I am sad to see it closed, Hugh ran a good shop but struggled with the fall in falang tourist numbers. I have had many great nights there and he was great at throwing something together that wasn't on the menu....Oyster Kilpatrick for one was excellent.

Hugh ... good luck with whatever you do next

I believe Hugh is now MANAGER at Poseidon Restaurant in the Jomtien Complex.

Poseidon is owned by Pascal of CAsa Pascal fame.

Business is tough here

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

Had a great meal at Poseidon last week, very classy, the weekly special is excellent value. Bit gay if that bothers you (well, it is in Jomtien Complex).

thanx for that be sure to give it a visit when in town

พอล

babydollsaddict.gif

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/38.jpg&text=the%20party%20starts&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=11&day=21&hour=15&minute=30&second=27&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>