IGNORED

Thai Police and Jump wings

What about all the different coloured ribbons under their wings then, what's that all about?

If you want something done properly, do it yourself..

What about all the different coloured ribbons under their wings then, what's that all about?

Medals, possibly from police service, or military service prior to joining police.

Most cops have them in us/ uk etc but they are not commonly worn unless wearing best uniform for some special occasion.

Medals, possibly from police service, or military service prior to joining police.

Most cops have them in us/ uk etc but they are not commonly worn unless wearing best uniform for some special occasion.

Yeah I'm aware that they're representative of medals earned, I was in the British army for 13 years so understand all that.

However, some of the baby faced plod you see out here have reams of them, I've noticed some with a ridiculous amount of ribbons and badges, it would be impossible to earn that many awards in the UK in such a short space of time, no matter how many conflicts you were in.

qualified to jump your wallet maybe

Yeah I'm aware that they're representative of medals earned, I was in the British army for 13 years so understand all that.

However, some of the baby faced plod you see out here have reams of them, I've noticed some with a ridiculous amount of ribbons and badges, it would be impossible to earn that many awards in the UK in such a short space of time, no matter how many conflicts you were in.

Well maybe they give them out like they do in some other countries, for frivolous reasons so that everyone ends up with loads of medals within a short space of time?

Nonsense - the jump wings are earned the hard way - avenues include - no cavities during the last semi annual dentist visit, leaving the seat down after peeing, only shaking down farang bars for 1,000 B a month for "tea money, only asking for a 10% finders fee to locate a stolen motorcycle.

Nothing but the best for the BiB.

Well maybe they give them out like they do in some other countries, for frivolous reasons so that everyone ends up with loads of medals within a short space of time?

What, you mean like in America? ;)

Didn't like to say it but yeah. Although they aren't the only ones. When I worked for he UN, I noticed quite a few countries have adopted that shit, giving medals for little or nothing.

I've seen carpark security guards with a full chest of medals and ribbons, it was at Big C in Surin. They had the works, spit polish boots, armbands that made them look like MPs and metal helmet. FFS!

I've seen carpark security guards with a full chest of medals and ribbons, it was at Big C in Surin. They had the works, spit polish boots, armbands that made them look like MPs and metal helmet. FFS!

A cop told me they are ex-military. They earn more money as a security guard then as a soldier.

Remember LOS has national service so many young men start with the army and then go on to other jobs. They're entitled to carry their awards on with them to their next job...on the mototaxi, or the shelves in big C etc

IQ Test
IQ Test

Thailand. Gods' way of saying "Sorry for all the other crap guys"

Thai police are Paramilitary. Meaning that their training is similar to the Army.

• 11 months later...

It's a lot that is asked of them when the salary is low.say what you wish but when you have to deal with drunks and druggies it ain't easy. They deserve a lot more in salary for what they have to entail. Pissy drunks are not rational and we have our share here

They get awarded wings for 10m tower jump training.  The jump school is near Cha-am ... Joe Bloggs can pop in and 'earn his wings' in less than 30 mins.  

• 3 years later...
On 10/23/2013 at 19:21, retrodude said:

I was in the USAF, in my 4 years I earned more medal and ribbons than my friends with ten plus years in the marines.  I think I got one with 3 oak leaf clusters just for being in a unit for 4 years!

Archived