IGNORED

Buying a new car

commandod999

Can anyone help me out with whats needed in regards to buying a new car.

If paying by finance, does it have to be in a thais name? Any sort of Visa? Have to own property?

If buying it outright, is there anything thats needed, I.e Visa or anything.

Appreciate any insight, thanks.

Can anyone help me out with whats needed in regards to buying a new car.

If paying by finance, does it have to be in a thais name? Any sort of Visa? Have to own property?

If buying it outright, is there anything thats needed, I.e Visa or anything.

Appreciate any insight, thanks.

You can get finance on a new car but its subject to the individual, and normally you have to put down 50% if farang,  you dont need to own property and can be done on any visa.

Decide on what car you want and go to the main dealer and ask to apply for finance, they will schedule a meeting with the finance officer and make a decision after a few days.

To buy the car in a farang name you will need a residence certificate (easily got at soi 5 immigration) or work permit

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

Thanks a lot for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

if on the thai wife names it's 25% down with no further garanties. If less down than 25% you need a property as garanty!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

I think the requirements for finance will vary between different companies. For sure you will need to have a residency certificate. For me 40% deposit was required and a Thai co-signer. I needed another residence certificate to finalise the loan and get the book.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

What do you need for a residency certificate?

residency certificate you get from the immigration department, you can get the forms online just Google residency cert Thailand

Kind of a pain need photos, proof of living somewhere, copy of lease, payment record

I just bought a car did not need the RC the banker came to my house to see if I lived there, K bank 25% down no other guarantee could have done 20% if I wanted 

I needed the RC for a Thai drivers license

Thanks Monthly

Archived