IGNORED

koh chang

shark

coming to patts at the end of feb for 3 weeks and thinking of taking a few days away to koh chang.have never been there before and looking for a bit of advice.how to get to koh chang,how far from pattaya and cost.how much for a decent room preferably in the white sands resort and i have heard it is best to take a tg with you is this correct.also if anybody knows a decent travel shop and where it is situated.

cheers,shark

coming to patts at the end of feb for 3 weeks and thinking of taking a few days away to koh chang.have never been there before and looking for a bit of advice.how to get to koh chang,how far from pattaya and cost.how much for a decent room preferably in the white sands resort and i have heard it is best to take a tg with you is this correct.also if anybody knows a decent travel shop and where it is situated.

cheers,shark

go to any local travel agent in pattaya lots of them they are cheap you will be picked up at your hotel couple of hours drive to ferry picked up other side taken to hotel you have chosen island is fantastic you may wish to take a bit of female company not a bad idea you will noy be dissapointed good luck

trio

We went to Ko Chang in October, went to a couple of travel places in soi post office, the prices were preety much all the same.

A minibus with pick up from your hotel was 6 or 700 Baht each, this included the boat ticket.

Baht busses were waiting at the ferry terminal on the island, 50 baht to white sands beach.

We got out at the 7/11 & walked along the beach looking for somewhere to stay, I wanted a bungalow on the beach. paid 600 baht a night at Alina resort 600 baht a night http://www.alinaresort.com/index.php stepped out the door right onto the beach.

Moved to Sang Ta Wan as Alina was booked out for the next few nights, plenty of travel companies offering, fishing, dive & snorkling trips plus return trips back to Pattaya.

Can rent motorbikes, cars & utes, I had a new toyota twin cab for 1300 baht & toured around the island.

Will be back in Thailand in 5 weeks time & will have another trip back to Ko Chang, have bought myself an underwater camera & hope to put it to use