IGNORED

London - BKk Direct - Who is the best

ClubInk

Hi guys,

Usually fly Emirates to LOS but the whole changing planes in Dubai is taking its toll on me these days.

Looking for a direct flight from London and wondering which airline is top of the list?

I'm not a particularly good flyer so entertainment is a big issue for me. Also flight leaving late morning / early afternoon would be ideal.

Any ideas?

EVA air you cant beat them direct from London, Thai airways don't give you a personal seat back TV you have to watch the big screen the same program as everyone else where as with EVA you have your own and watch what you want when you want, and the service is great, as for BA & Qantas I personally don't care for them they are expensive and shit service.

Edited by Mavrick

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

EVA air you cant beat them direct from London, Thai airways don't give you a personal seat back TV you have to watch the big screen the same program as everyone else where as with EVA you have your own and watch what you want when you want, and the service is great, as for BA & Qantas I personally don't care for them they are expensive and shit service.

Maverick is correct. I am a FF with Thai but I joined their scheme before Eva upgraded their fleet of 747s. They increased the legroom which used to terrible and added the personal screens which gives them the edge over Thai if that's important to you. Thai do have very generous legroom and good service though so the private screen is the only major advantage that EVA have on Thai. Thai has an afternoon and evening flight everyday. All depends how important the screen is to you really, or if you prefer the afternoon (about midday) flight to an evening one.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Both Panyaa and Mav are bang on here... i've just flown Thai and was well hacked off with the entertainment... or lack of. I'd say you could do worse than Thai but if you want all the trimmings go with Eva.

Both Panyaa and Mav are bang on here... i've just flown Thai and was well hacked off with the entertainment... or lack of. I'd say you could do worse than Thai but if you want all the trimmings go with Eva.

Thanks for feedback, what time do Eva leave London?

Thanks for feedback, what time do Eva leave London?

Normally 9:30pm from Heathrow and arrive in BKK about midday if i remember correctly

Normally 9:30pm from Heathrow and arrive in BKK about midday if i remember correctly

Arrives BKK @ 3:30PM.

Flown Thai Air (business class as it was a work trip) and that was OK.

A mate of mine is a LOS regular - like Mav he swears by Eva Air. When

I next go on my own steam, I'll be using them.

Well just to stick a spanner in the works - BA are BEST. IMO by a mile but avoid getting a Qantas flight (you have to specifically ask).

They are however a good deal more expensive than EVA and Thai.

I always fly EVA now as their prices are much lower than BA (often £200 or more) and as others have said Thai are just dreadful now on this route.

Thai used to be a premium carrier but they haven't upgraded for years and in the modern world its crazy to have to put up with the one big TV. Even if your not a TV watcher you have to put up with the light from the damn thing.

EVA not only have the back seat TV buts its now interactive too i.e. you can stop and start movies on cue not in a loop. They have games too if you like that kind of thing :rolleyes:

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Great feedback guys, thanks. Looks like Eva is the one to go for. Just out of interest, which country is Eva from?

Taiwan.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I agree with everything that has been said and i have flights booked with both airlines this year, but is it me or does anyone else find eva seats are a bit more uncomfortable than thai seats? tend to find the seats are a bit hard on eva, but suppose you can always just stand up and have a few beers for a while.

Cheered me up no end this thread.. flew qatar last time and thought they were top class ( from manchester)

Chose EVA for the price this time and read some pretty average reviews on the web all dated some time ago.

So this has improved my day.

Edited by wireless_guy

Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0

Cheered me up no end this thread.. flew qatar last time and thought they were top class ( from manchester)

Chose EVA for the price this time and read some pretty average reviews on the web all dated some time ago.

So this has improved my day.

WG, I've flow EVA, several times and I've yet to have a bad flight with them, they are my first choice airline when it comes to booking a flight to LOS.

WG, I've flow EVA, several times and I've yet to have a bad flight with them, they are my first choice airline when it comes to booking a flight to LOS.

As I said Mav it's made my day.I was dreading the flight before reading this although I see the flight from Heathrow on the 8th March is an older 747/400 have these been upgraded as well does anyone know ?

As I said Mav it's made my day.I was dreading the flight before reading this although I see the flight from Heathrow on the 8th March is an older 747/400 have these been upgraded as well does anyone know ?

Yes all Eva's 747 on the LHR to BKK, route have been upgraded.

Yes all Eva's 747 on the LHR to BKK, route have been upgraded.

Cheers for that

IMHO

Direct wise Eva,BA & Qantas have been fine.

Dont like to fly with Thai anymore unless there the cheapest by at least £80.

Flown with Qatar from London & thought they were great.

Flying out in April with Eva :):LMFAO::LMFAO:

Edited by Kenshi

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website