IGNORED

Xbox

kazianco

Santa ;) bought the kid an xbox 360 for Christmas.

Now he wants loads of accessories

spare battery

webcam

keypad controller for chatting etc etc

Is it cheaper to buy these in Patts and if so where do you recommend or is it cheaper to buy them in the UK?

If its cheaper in Patts are they compatable with UK models?

Final question :unsure: games -

Is it 'safe' to buy games in Patts, he has an xbox live and will probably be playing them online. I read somewhere that you have to load them to the hard-drive on the xbox while its not connected to the internet and NEVER insert the disk when it is connected.

I know that its hit and miss whether the games work when you get back to the UK and thats the risk you take.

Cheers in advance for your help

:Beer2:

Edited by kazianco

I would buy the accessories in the UK. There isn't a tremendous variety available in Pattaya. For instance, I haven't been able to find the X-Box guitar for Guitar Hero (although most stores carry the PS-2 version).

If you buy in Pattaya, stay clear of the stores in TukCom. They are staffed by kids who are only interested in playing games, not customer service or sales. The best store I have found is on 2nd Road, just north of Pattaya Tai, on the Sukhumvit side of the street. They have a decent selection and the store clerks are knowledgeable and can speak some English.

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

cheers zaphod, I'll have a look when I'm there next month. I'll make a note of the prices in the UK before I go and compare once I'm there. If no better I'll let him get them once we're back at least then there's some guarantees :)

• 4 weeks later...

on a related sidenote, can anyone tell me whether pre-modded consoles are available here in Pattaya? ps2, Wii, xbox360, etc... as i'll be here a good while need to start amassing some toys it seems..!

on a related sidenote, can anyone tell me whether pre-modded consoles are available here in Pattaya? ps2, Wii, xbox360, etc... as i'll be here a good while need to start amassing some toys it seems..!

That's a good question -- I would be very curious about the availability of gaming hardware in LOS, and any potential issues related to buying gear in Thailand vs. Home Country.

Also, when in Thailand with electronics from other countries, what is the best approach to converting the electricity and protecting against overheating/surges?

For example, when I wanted to plug in the laptop while charging the phone and the mp3 player, I never did find a very efficient/safe way to do so (power strips and surge protectors didn't seem to be readily available from the hotels) -- anyone have a clean, safe way to plug in several foreign electronic items at once?

Thanks.