IGNORED

Thai wife has Canadian husband killed

Esco

Canadian shot and killed in Thailand

Sandra McCulloch , Canwest News Service

Published: Saturday, February 09, 2008

VICTORIA - A 48-year-old Canadian citizen has been shot dead in Thailand and his wife, her lover and a contract killer have all been arrested and charged in the slaying, the victim's brother said Saturday.

Richard Henry, 45, of Victoria, is flying to Thailand today to arrange for his brother Dale Henry's funeral.

Richard told the Times Colonist he learned of his brother's death after being contacted by Victoria police earlier this week.

"I'm so mixed up right now - I haven't slept three hours since Tuesday," he said.

A letter faxed to Victoria police from the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs said the federal government "was informed of the death of Dale George Henry in the Ranong province in Thailand as a result of gun shots.

"Subject's passport indicates his Thai wife as NOK (next of kin) but she was arrested in connection with the (death)."

The information provided on Dale's earlier passport, issued in 2000, listed Richard as his nearest relative and gave his Victoria address.

According to Richard, in addition to Dale's wife, Nee, a contract killer and Nee's lover have also been arrested and charged, the motive allegedly being a $1-million US life-insurance policy that Dale's employer, a drilling company, too out in his name.

Dale, 48, worked in Nigeria and lived in Thailand but is a native of Victoria.

Dale Henry is the second Canadian shot dead in Thailand this year.

Calgary native Leo Del Pinto was shot and killed in the south Asian country just after the New Year.

Del Pinto, 25, and his friend Carly Reisig, were walking home in Pai, Thailand, on Jan 6. when off-duty Thai policeman, Sgt.-Maj. Uthai Dechawiwat, shot them both, fatally wounding Del Pinto.

Richard is worried that corruption in the Thai justice system might see the case against the three accused in his brother's killing dropped.

"If it's known internationally, then there's pressure on them to do everything properly," Richard said Saturday.

Richar said he knows nothing is going to bring Dale back "but he's my brother and I want to vindicate him."

The Canadian consulate has assured Richard that he and his sister, who's travelling to Thailand from Calgary, will have security provided for them during their stay.

Richard believes news of Dale's death was suppressed by the Thai government.

"It wasn't in any English-speaking Thai newspaper, whereas something like that should be big news.

"He really had a good heart and for someone to take it away like that is just . . .

"It's a terrible tragedy and I don't want it to happen to anyone else."

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national...245&k=94058

There's also a topic about his death on Thaivisa

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...=167737&hl=

This happens MORE then we know..Hits put on Farang by Jealous or greedy spouces is a rather common Occurance not always publized..Very Sad

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

This happens MORE then we know..Hits put on Farang by Jealous or greedy spouces is a rather common Occurance not always publized..Very Sad

especially when you read that he treated the c#nt so well :unsure:

I've also read of these contract murders taking place in the

Philippines.

From my impressions (not based on any statistics) it frequently ends with little

interest from local law enforcement to bring these culprits to justice.Thus leaving

the victims survivors with the task of going to the country and hiring (paying off?)

someone to prosecute the case.

A firewall between assets & insurance proceeds is essential.

Liam

Sad story but goes to show that you can't let them know that you are worth more dead than alive.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 2 weeks later...
Sad story but goes to show that you can't let them know that you are worth more dead than alive.

Aint that the truth, its a reason not to get married