IGNORED

Fire in Camden Market, London

Panudate

LONDON (Reuters) - A huge fire swept through London's Camden market, one of the capital's most popular tourist spots, on Saturday, sending flames leaping high into the air.

London Fire Brigade said it had sent 20 fire engines and 100 firefighters to tackle the blaze at the market in north London, a bohemian area usually thronged with shoppers and people enjoying local pubs and clubs.

"A range of market storage areas and shops are alight and firefighters are working hard to bring the fire under control," a Fire Brigade statement said.

The Hawley Arms pub, a popular haunt of celebrities including singer Amy Winehouse and model Kate Moss, was damaged in the fire, according to Sky News. Local residents said they feared severe damage to the market.

A police spokesman said there were no immediate reports of injuries and nothing to suggest the fire's origins were criminal.

Later, the flames appeared to be dying down as firefighters gained the upper hand over the blaze.

Camden is a fashion and music centre well known for the market and its nightclubs. Throngs of revellers stood in the streets watching flames and smoke billowing into the air.

According to the Camden market Web site, it is the largest street market in Britain and the fourth most-visited tourist attraction in London, with about 500,000 visitors a week.

The market, next to Camden Lock, opened in the 1970s and has grown into a sprawling complex of market stalls, shops, workshops, studios and cafes. Shops sell everything from arts and crafts to designer clothes and antiques.

My friends have just lost their business in this fire, and their staff have lost their jobs.

They imported and sold clothes from Thailand wholesale and retail, was a huge shop.

I just hope they were insured!

Just seen it on the news, such a shame about your friends place......

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

Just seen it on the news, such a shame about your friends place......

My wife used to work there and was gonna go back there soon, her sister was working there too until this!

Damm sorry to hear that I use to love Camden market when I was younger, Pan I really hope your friends have got insurance.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Turns out they are typical Thai's with no insurance. Oh well, lets hope they saved a lot!

Turns out they are typical Thai's with no insurance. Oh well, lets hope they saved a lot!

f**k there business was raking it in! Ah well I am sure its only stock they have lost and not the building, if they have a mortgage isn't house insurance compulsory? (but not contents insurance)

f**k there business was raking it in! Ah well I am sure its only stock they have lost and not the building, if they have a mortgage isn't house insurance compulsory? (but not contents insurance)

They rent the building which got pretty mashed up as well from what I can gather, luckily they moved a lot of stock because they are doing a fashion show at the Olympia.

They rent the building which got pretty mashed up as well from what I can gather, luckily they moved a lot of stock because they are doing a fashion show at the Olympia.

So there clothes were of good quality? was the fire on both sides of the rd or what? cos the hawley arms was alight and then the market next to dingalls bar??? bit confused

So there clothes were of good quality? was the fire on both sides of the rd or what? cos the hawley arms was alight and then the market next to dingalls bar??? bit confused

The Hawley Arms is at the back of the shop, it used to be a nightclub (the shop did) Its not so much the quality of the clothes, more the quantity! probably about 20k in stock gone, plus all the office equipment etc etc...

Mike my misus rang me up, this was on the news in LOS today

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

I saw this on the news last night.

Shame about your friends loosing their business, there are always victime.

Luckily no one was injured.

Is this near to where we are meeting in two weeks time for the London meet Up, not that it makes any differance, just curious as Im not sure where chalk farm is.

Cheers Mick