Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bernard Hopkins V Joe Calzaghe

Mavrick

Just hope its not a step up too far! Would rather see him fight Michael Froch! Look what happened to Hatton and Enzo!

Edited by bbd

Shade-Seeker

Just hope its not a step up too far! Would rather see him fight Michael Froch! Look what happened to Hatton and Enzo!

its in possible for it to be a step to far JC is the better fighter,hatton still the best light welter weight on the planet and as for enzo at least it was a british fighter that beat him.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry! I meant Carl Froch.The count down is now on, for the battle of the Legends! Just hope Joe can stay focused for the next 2 weeks.Keep away from all the media circus, and mind games from BH.Can't wait to see him back at Super middle weight! For the Battle of Britain! At the O2 Arena! Froch the Cobra against Joe the Dragon! :P

Shade-Seeker

Seems like not much people is giving BH, a chance against JC.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I think JC will win by points too. Will be too fast for BH. If he keeps moving around the ring old BH hasn't the speed to hit him but has the power if JC isn't too careful. Hatton moving up a weight class gave the advantage to mayweather has he was just has quick has Hatton, however JC moving up probably has given him the advantage in the speed this time round.

And i voted for Joe :GiveBeer1:

Just my opinion.

JC win will go 12 rounds

JC win will go 12 rounds

I think if it goes beyond 7 rounds Hopkins will win but that's just my opinion.

The fight programme starts @ 22:30 PM UK time but I reckon the main fight wont be until 3-4 AM, and its on Setanta sports.

I believe on a level playing field Joe would win on points. BH 43 and Joe will be just too quick for him. However I have two major concerns for JC.

1) He still has a lot of problems with his hands. He has managed to get through more than one fight without using his left hand for at least half the fight. He wont be so lucky if it goes on Saturday.

2) The fight is in America and BH is a promoter of the fight. I therefore feel that if JC is to win on points he needs to do so very decisively or the decision may well go to BH regardless.

Looks like I will be watching this over brekky in Pats!

:D

Bernard Hopkins was robbed, JC didn't deserve to win that fight he was out box by BH.

Bernard Hopkins was robbed, JC didn't deserve to win that fight he was out box by BH.

You must have been watching a different fight. Hopkins is a dirty fighter and faker. The judges called it for Joe and he won fair and square.

FatBob.

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Groucho Marx

Calzaghe won the fight on aggression, but jesus was it a boring fight. no wonder MMA is becoming more and more popular!

jc won the fight without a shadow of a doubt hopkins did nothing except in round one obviously and a phew other right hands.jc came with all the pressure and landed the better shots,the low blow that bearly touched bh was just a ploy to bide a bit of time because he was fucked.all in all enjoyed the fight well done jc wat a boxer one of the best pound for pound in the world .class.oh yeah bh will never get beat by a white boy.

Mav you know thats nonsense. BH would never even have got one judge if the fight hadn't been in the states. I am not suggesting any American bias, thats the way it always is on home turf regardelss of where it is.

Stats mean little but in this case they show the TOTAL dominance in every aspect by JC. If BH had wopn with stats like these it would have been an absolute travesty.

Punch statistics

Total thrown (Hopkins/Calzaghe): 468/707

Total landed: 127/232

Percentage landed: 27/33

Jabs thrown: 93/224

Jabs landed: 11/45

Percentage landed: 12/20

Power punches thrown: 375/483

Power punches landed: 116/187

Percentage landed: 31/39

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!