IGNORED

Welcome Plaza Hotel

sexy beast

I've stayed here a couple of times, its a large hotel located at the top end of 2nd road not for from the Pattayaland sois & oh yeah boyztown!

The standard rooms are about 800 baht per night, I stayed in the honey suite @ 2100 per night, 24 hour food & room service, large secluded pool at the rear, GF.

<a href="http://www.welcomeplazahotel.com" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.welcomeplazahotel.com" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.welcomeplazahotel.com" target="_blank">http://www.welcomeplazahotel.com</a></a></a>

Cheaper to book here http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya...laza_hotel.html

Stayed here for 2 weeks earlier in the year. Stayed in a superior room which was 900 baht per night. hotel was fine, girl friendly and 24 hour food. Nice big room with seperate area for Settee. The TV swivelled round so you could watch in bed or on the settee. Would reccommend.

The only small problem was if you are in Soi 8 or below you have to go all the way round Beach Road on a Baht Bus to get home

• 5 months later...

You really are spoilt with hotel choices in Pattaya.

They seem to be very keenly priced and offer all the basic luxuries keen mongers want.

The Welcome Plaza hotel offers Junior and Honey suites that are 2 bedroom.

I assume they are suitable for 4 people - just thinking that staying there with a fellow monger could open up some exciting possibilities if we brought back the right Bg's.

Would that be possible at the Welcome Plaza hotel?

Has anyone shared a 2 bedroom suite and had some sharing time with their mate?

Do the Thai ladies indulge in sharing?

Ohhhh the possibilities!

Edited by koalashit

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Is this hotel in the process of being renovated ??

The hotel is in the process of being renovated.

It's still open

They are doing a few rooms at a time

The hotel is in the process of being renovated.

It's still open

They are doing a few rooms at a time

are there safes in the room?

is there a charge when you bring a girl back?

is the renovation loud and/or inconvenient?

it looks like they may want you to prepay, am i right?

are there safes in the room?

is there a charge when you bring a girl back?

is the renovation loud and/or inconvenient?

it looks like they may want you to prepay, am i right?

Hi Gilligan

(1) There are no safes in the room but there are safety deposit box's in reception

(2) The hotel doesn't charge you when you take a girl back to your room

(3) I stayed at the "Welcome Plaza" back in late July/early August. They had started doing there renovation work then and I don't remember the work being particularly inconvenient or loud. You could see that there was work going on because the workman were doing some of the public area's.

(4) You only have to pay for your room in advance when it's Pattaya's High season. In low season you can pay upon arrival. You can take a look at there website www.welcome.co.th for more information. I have a Junior suite booked for Christmas/New Year. During the Christmas/New Year period they normally want the room paying for in advance. So back in August I tried to pay for the room in full but because of the renovation work being done they only asked for a 1700 baht deposit.

I will be arriving at the hotel on the 18th December so I will be able to see how much the work is affecting the hotel now. I will wait a few days and then go into an internet cafe and give a report on the current situation at the hotel.

I have stayed at the hotel 7 times and liked staying there so I'm hoping that the work being carried out isnt inconvinencing the guests to much

Hi Gilligan

(1) There are no safes in the room but there are safety deposit box's in reception

(2) The hotel doesn't charge you when you take a girl back to your room

(3) I stayed at the "Welcome Plaza" back in late July/early August. They had started doing there renovation work then and I don't remember the work being particularly inconvenient or loud. You could see that there was work going on because the workman were doing some of the public area's.

(4) You only have to pay for your room in advance when it's Pattaya's High season. In low season you can pay upon arrival. You can take a look at there website www.welcome.co.th for more information. I have a Junior suite booked for Christmas/New Year. During the Christmas/New Year period they normally want the room paying for in advance. So back in August I tried to pay for the room in full but because of the renovation work being done they only asked for a 1700 baht deposit.

I will be arriving at the hotel on the 18th December so I will be able to see how much the work is affecting the hotel now. I will wait a few days and then go into an internet cafe and give a report on the current situation at the hotel.

I have stayed at the hotel 7 times and liked staying there so I'm hoping that the work being carried out isnt inconvinencing the guests to much

Too bad about no safes in the room, for me that's a deal breaker.

Just read an article about how bad "high season" is for the p4p girls in bangkok and how they are lowering their prices.

I wonder if pattaya hotels realize that the "high" season may just turn out to be a "dry" low season.

Too bad about no safes in the room, for me that's a deal breaker.

Just read an article about how bad "high season" is for the p4p girls in bangkok and how they are lowering their prices.

I wonder if pattaya hotels realize that the "high" season may just turn out to be a "dry" low season.

I think Pattaya is going to be quiet this Christmas/New Year compared to previous years. So I am wondering if Pattaya's hotels will lower there prices. Prices are always bumped up during this period. Some how I doubt it. I love Thailand and the people but they don't always know how to fight for the custom.

Welcome Plaza in particular should think about lowering there prices because the renovation work being carried out at the hotel will put people off staying at there hotel. Particularly if the renovations is very visable.

Also the girls must be worried because it's at times like this that they normally do well.

• 2 weeks later...

WHILE ON THE SUBJECT OF THE WELCOME PLAZA hotel ! AS I WAS THINKING OF STAYING THERE ON MY NEXT TRIP TO FANTASYLAND, I EMAILED THE hotel IN REGARD'S TO JOINER FEE'S ? THEY REPLIED BACK THAT IS hotel "POLICY'' TO CHARGE 300 BAHT IF YOU BOOK THROUGH A TRAVEL AGENT , BUT IF YOU BOOK THROUGH THE hotel THERE IS NO CHARGE ! HOPE THIS HELP'S.

• 3 months later...
WHILE ON THE SUBJECT OF THE WELCOME PLAZA HOTEL ! AS I WAS THINKING OF STAYING THERE ON MY NEXT TRIP TO FANTASYLAND, I EMAILED THE HOTEL IN REGARD'S TO JOINER FEE'S ? THEY REPLIED BACK THAT IS HOTEL "POLICY'' TO CHARGE 300 BAHT IF YOU BOOK THROUGH A TRAVEL AGENT , BUT IF YOU BOOK THROUGH THE HOTEL THERE IS NO CHARGE ! HOPE THIS HELP'S.

This is correct as i booked through Agoda last trip,when i checked in at reception they told me this too,i had a girl same one mostly every night and i never paid joiners fee,might be because my room key i never handed in once just carried it with me.

• 1 month later...

I stayed at the Welcome Plaza in Oct 08, without a reservation, with a mate "Steve" for two nights and that was enough. Steve had bed bugs in his room the first night so he complained and was moved to another room and had the same problem.

We checked out and only paid for the two nights, as I recall there is no joiner fee but the Royal Palace next door has a joiner fee of 350bht which we paid cause we couldn't be bothered looking any further.

I met a couple of scots that were also staying at WP and they had no problem with any bed bugs....the rooms we had had not been renovated so that may have been the problem.... things may have improved since then.

I stayed at the Welcome Plaza in Oct 08, without a reservation, with a mate "Steve" for two nights and that was enough. Steve had bed bugs in his room the first night so he complained and was moved to another room and had the same problem.

We checked out and only paid for the two nights, as I recall there is no joiner fee but the Royal Palace next door has a joiner fee of 350bht which we paid cause we couldn't be bothered looking any further.

I met a couple of scots that were also staying at WP and they had no problem with any bed bugs....the rooms we had had not been renovated so that may have been the problem.... things may have improved since then.

I think all rooms should be renovated by now.

Last December I stayed in a Junior Suite that had been renovated

I've stayed at the "Welcome Plaza" a few times andhave never had a problem with bed bugs.

And a big plus for me is it's location

Between now and the end of the year I am visiting Pattaya 2 occasions and I will be staying at this hotel :ThankGod1:

Look at a room recently.....NASTY...also told me 1,000 baht as a walkin. Smelled like piss. Front entrance was ok, but no way would I pay more than 500 for that dump.

Look at a room recently.....NASTY...also told me 1,000 baht as a walkin. Smelled like piss. Front entrance was ok, but no way would I pay more than 500 for that dump.

Stayed in this hotel loads of times and have never had a problem.

If they asked 1000b then I reckon they didnt want your business

Prices start at 850B

I will be staying in a Junior Suite during my next holiday. And at 1150B a night I think it's a good price for a very nice room

Hey guys,i just spent 19 nights here in the junior suite at 1150 baht a night.

Never had a drama, room was great and cleaned everyday and housekeeping left extra towels at a small charge.

Definatley book through the hotel as it is cheaper, food is shit so give that a miss.

Great location, close to everywhere.

Only 1 incident was when they let a lady from a previous meeting come to my room at 7.30 am , i wouldn't have minded but the lady with me wasn't keen on the 3 some.

And yes there is still renovations going on i think from the 8 th floor and above, but wasn't a fuss.

Stayed in this hotel loads of times and have never had a problem.

If they asked 1000b then I reckon they didnt want your business

Prices start at 850B

I will be staying in a Junior Suite during my next holiday. And at 1150B a night I think it's a good price for a very nice room

" I like to live life like one big carnival, get drunk and act like an Animal "

Stayed here for 2 weeks earlier in the year. Stayed in a superior room which was 900 baht per night. Hotel was fine, girl friendly and 24 hour food. Nice big room with seperate area for Settee. The TV swivelled round so you could watch in bed or on the settee. Would reccommend.

The only small problem was if you are in Soi 8 or below you have to go all the way round Beach Road on a Baht Bus to get home

If your in Soi 8 and want to get back to Welcome Plaza all you have to do is the following. Get on a Baht Bus on the Beach Road. Just travel along the Beach Road untill you have just get passed the Royal Garden Plaza. Get off the Baht Bus just after Royal Garge Plaza and you should notice a new walkway that goes from the Beach Road to the 2nd Road. This walkway has shops, restaurant and at least one drinking place. Use this walk way to get to the 2nd Road. And the Welcome Plaza is almost oppisate

Stayed in the WP three times, longer and short periods. The only bedbugs I met were very nice, they bit me on the right places. Staff is friendly, no extra fees, but if you tip you get a better service (like everywhere). Standard rooms are a bit basic and if you are not happy with your room.....they will do their best to please you, as long as you behave in a 'Thai' big smile way =no problem. Discounts depend on how long you will be staying (10 to 15%). I have only stayed in five different hotels in Pattaya up till now, I would rate the WP second best.

We all used to stay at the WP. In 1999 it was 600 bt for a nice big room and it was bang in the centre of things. 2nd Road was two way traffic then. The staff were wonderful and the swimming pool was one of the best in Pattaya. When I started going for longer periods I moved inland to Soi Bhukoaw to save money. I now pay 9800 bt inc water and electricity monthly for a big room and a swimming pool but still have fond memories of the Welcome Plaza.

We used to stay there,very friendly staff,but the rooms very tired,brown water coming out taps ,shower flooding the bathroom,cockroaches,no room safe.My mate also found someone in his room,he had climbed over balcony,final straw was having drink in bar area downstairs and part of ceiling fell down near us,dust and plaster everywhere.We now stay Areca Lodge Soi diana no comparison.

I will be arriving in Pattaya on the 25th July and I have booked a junior suite at the Welcome Plaza for the 3 weeks I'm in Pattaya. Once I have returned home I will be doing a trip report and will pass comments on the hotel.

i have stayed at welcome plaza and the royal next door many a times. i would say it is great value for money. used to enjoy the easy access to the royal plaza but thats not that hot any more. havent managed to stay in any of the new renovated rooms , but im sure would love it . stayed at the nova platinum last time around but missed the welcome plaza , would def go back

the lay with the barber shop just outside gives a mean shave. my friends hair almost never grew back

If your in Soi 8 and want to get back to Welcome Plaza all you have to do is the following. Get on a Baht Bus on the Beach Road. Just travel along the Beach Road untill you have just get passed the Royal Garden Plaza. Get off the Baht Bus just after Royal Garge Plaza and you should notice a new walkway that goes from the Beach Road to the 2nd Road. This walkway has shops, restaurant and at least one drinking place. Use this walk way to get to the 2nd Road. And the Welcome Plaza is almost oppisate

Or simply get on a motorbike and ask for ' Welcome Plahzaa'.

Can anyone recommend an upscale, girl friendly hotel in pattaya?

Also, what would be the best place to stay in Pattaya that is convenient and that the BG will know is for upscale tourists?

Carpe Diem

• 2 weeks later...

This is an amazing hotel which i have ever been to .. :)

One of the best hotels in pattaya..:) .. spended there 4 with my 8 friends.. :) we hired 4 superior rooms for just 1000 baht each.

hotel was very much nice ..

▓▒✪мÑ.â„“à¹âˆšÑÑ✪▒▓- Ñαтєd ® -» Ñ•Ï…ÏÑ”Ñѕтα ®™ «-