IGNORED

Driving in LOS

Alan

I’ll base this from a car drivers point of view…..there is a difference.

Basic things you should know:

That motorbike joining the main road from the left is not going to even look right to see if it’s clear, nor is he/she going to slow down, regardless of baby balanced on the front.

If you slow down approaching traffic lights that have only just changed to red, they will pull out in front of you, best method foot to the floor and flash your headlights. And if you stop too quickly when it’s only just changed you’re guaranteed a motor up your arse.

If you see a motorbike indicating, it means they have forgotten to turn it off and are most likely to turn the opposite way.

It’s well known that mirrors are for picking spots while waiting at traffic lights and nothing else.

If your turning right and the rare occasion happens that a car lets you go, expect a motorbike to race up his inside (this happened to me :D ).

Around town is more a case of expecting the unexpected and you should be OK.

Motorways & Dual Carriageways:

By far the most dangerous are the Thai Limo’s, usually a copy Toyota Camry, they are so lippo’d up during their 16 hour stint that everything and everybody seems to be driving mega slow. They can appear from any lane and are usually doing 140-160 km until they can’t find a gap then the brakes screech…….most times.

Minibus drivers take second place and will almost certainly be found in the fast lane, for some reason they tend to think it belongs to them regardless of the speed they are doing.

Pickup trucks tend to stick to the middle or fast lane and are totally oblivious to everything that is happening around them, especially at night as a lot don’t have lights and are probably pissed. The further north you travel the worse it gets with these dumbo’s, often taking 10 minutes to overtake each other with a 1km speed difference.

If you think taking it steady is the best way to drive, forget it, you will get cut up by lorries and busses. A minimum of 120km is required to stay with the flow, keeping a safe distance is also a problem as someone will soon shoot up your inside and jump in the gap. I can’t resist closing that gap at the last minute and watch him slam his brakes on.

There is lots more that can be added to this thread but this should be sufficient for starters.

To engage in the arrant pedantry of egregious sesquipedalianism (as in this sentence) is not communication, it's showing off.

Recently this F#ckinPrick who, when I went to pass a truck and was unable to due to the clown in front passing at snails pace, moved up so I could not rejoin the correct lane forcing me to brake severely and swerve to miss on coming traffic.

I caught upto him and watched him do the same thing to another driver.

Once I was able to get behind him I tailgated him trying to pass/swerving and sitting about 1 meter from his pickup, he did notice me by then, I was in a modified ford ranger that had been raised/big wheels and therefore filled his pissant small pickups mirrors.

If I had been able to get infront of him I would have f#cked with him real bad.

After driving a fair amount now I let most of the shit go.

Side note many thais carry weapons in cars so either dont stop or carry one yourself.

Member since Dec 06.