IGNORED

There tasty tasty very very tasty there very tasty..

papa_soda

Was ganna put this in the Food section but as there isnt 1 here will do as its off the BBC news website...

Thai fast food sellers are enjoying a boom in rat sales, as people learn to love the taste of the rodent.

While rat has long been eaten in Thailand's poorer northern regions, a growing number of the country's roadside vendors are now serving it up.

The rats are drowned and sold uncooked or ready to eat, with happy customers purchasing rat meat for as much as 150 baht ($4.82; £2.30) a kilogram.

"It's better than chicken," one customer told the AP news agency.

'Nothing can compete'

"It all depends what you like, but it's a normal meat like any other," added Thongyu Roruchit.

:D:D:P:GiveBeer1:

One rat seller, Sala Prompim, said that the hip and liver were the best cuts.

"It's tastier than other meats - nothing can compete with rat," he added.

Mr Prompim said he only used rats caught from rice fields, and not those found in towns or cities.

"They are definitely clean," he said.

The animals are killed by drowning, before being skinned ready for cooking - poached, fried, grilled or baked.

Mr Prompim says he sells as much as 100kg of rat meat on some days.

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

I have seen them with huge rats in cages ready for the curry pot yummy!

The rats that they eat are scientifically the same species of Brown Rat that you would find in your local sewer. In England the indigenous rat was the Black Rat which is now as good as extinct in the UK.

The common Brown Rat arrived here in ships from Asia and was so successful that it rapidly replaced the Black Rat.

Although it is the same species as the Rat we know as a pest the ones that they catch and eat in upcountry Thailand live comparatively clean lives in the Paddy fields where they are captured so are a lot less likely to be a health risk. The Thais call them "Nuu Naa" which translates as Paddy field Rats.

Thanks for the article Kenshi

Edited by panyaa

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

its scary to think where they are getting there rat from.. they say rice fields.. but how would you know?..wouldnt it be cheaper and faster to catch it from the back of a sewer?.. :D ... money is money....55555

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

When I was in Thailand in December and went to Burriam with RudieK to see his girl we saw rats and other funny looking things for sale :D:rolleyes: and trust me people was buying them mile minute.

Thai_P2._07_08_898.jpg

Thai_P2._07_08_897.jpg

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Have seen field mouse on the menu in Vietnam before though i never tried it. According to the waiter they only used mice caught in rice paddies. Yummy!!!

Testicles

its scary to think where they are getting there rat from.. they say rice fields.. but how would you know?..wouldnt it be cheaper and faster to catch it from the back of a sewer?.. :Grin3: ... money is money....55555

Yes, good point.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel