Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Pre trip medical stuff

Eastboy

Hi all

I recently went to my doctor and told her I was planning a trip to Thailand. Now previously I never told her about my sexual behaviour i.e I like to shag ladies of the night. But I guess you can only ask for a HIV test so many times before the Doctor demands an explanation.

Anyway, after she realized WHY I was going to Thailand, she recommended a Hepatitis vaccine ( 1 injection, then another a month later, and then the last 6 months later)

Just want to know if any other BM have done something similar.

Thanks

Jusext :D

Hi all

I recently went to my doctor and told her I was planning a trip to Thailand. Now previously I never told her about my sexual behaviour i.e I like to shag ladies of the night. But I guess you can only ask for a HIV test so many times before the Doctor demands an explanation.

Anyway, after she realized WHY I was going to Thailand, she recommended a Hepatitis vaccine ( 1 injection, then another a month later, and then the last 6 months later)

Just want to know if any other BM have done something similar.

Thanks

Jusext :D

Yeah, TWINRIX A+B.

I thought getting this vaccine was common, but maybe not?

I had that series of shots several years ago. I am pretty sure that I was told that it is a lifetime shot, kind of like Small Pox vaccination.

Hepatitis A - fecal/oral transmission, basically from bad sanitation/food/water, gives a limited acute hepatitis that is rarely fatal (~1%), most people who get it think they just have a bad flu with diarrhea

Hepatitis B - blood borne trasmission, so conceivably you could get it from sex (similar to HIV), more likely to kill you, give you acute hepatitis, also a chance of becoming a chronic infection that may linger, slowly destroying your liver over the next 10-20 years until you're in liver failure and need a transplant to stay alive. Still ~95% of the people who get it, clear the infection without too many problems.

Realistically, probably more important things in life to worry about, but the vaccine works so well and has no real side effects, it seems prudent to get it if offered. Obviously I wouldn't put off a trip waiting for the three-shot series to be completed but why not do it - as Forrest Gump says "That's one less thing".