IGNORED

Phachara Suites

jasd

Hi,

Anyone stayed at Phachara Suites?

Have booked 3 nights there but according to one tripadvisor review the person had to pay 1000 baht non refundable deposit, anyone confirm or deny this as never seen this in another hotel. Some sites mention 1000 baht a night deposit also which again I find strange.

From tripadvisor review

"The only draw back was the non-refundable deposit paid on checking in of 1000 baht per person for each stay which equated to 4000 baht for us, that's about 90 quid"

I have also stayed at Phachara several times

and never had to give a deposit. They did take credit card scan for any expenses etc but rip it up at end when nothing has been spent. Great hotel and great staff, highly recommend it. 

I've stayed here before, booked on the internet and only had the credit card scanned no cash deposit.  My guess is that the OP's TA reviewers were paying by cash and didn't have a credit card and that's why they had to leave a cash deposit.

Agree , never any issues , its s top place to stay and the staff are friendly

Sounds like there was more to the story.

Definitely a place to stay when in BKK

Very close to NANA and close to the skytrain

Very modern rooms

thanks for the info guys now just the 2 month wait...by the way £110 on ebookers for November 3 days with travel20 voucher code incase anyone else plans to book seems a good deal

thanks for the info guys now just the 2 month wait...by the way £110 on ebookers for November 3 days with travel20 voucher code incase anyone else plans to book seems a good deal

that code expired on 8th Sept

new code for ebookers DISCOUNT15   for 15% off and will expire Sun 15th Sept

• 2 weeks later...

I've stayed here before, booked on the internet and only had the credit card scanned no cash deposit.  My guess is that the OP's TA reviewers were paying by cash and didn't have a credit card and that's why they had to leave a cash deposit.

99.9% sure this was the case. hotels do need to protect against people doing runners so cash deposits are the norm if no credit card can be used.

I have only stayed at Phachara Suites once - I know they didnt take a cash deposit as I have never paid one at any hotel.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 2 months later...

stayed 3 or 4 times.

i normally pay cash (bit funny giving my credit card to Thai people even at hotels)

They ask for a 2000 baht cash deposit which is refunded when you check out.

• 2 months later...

Stayed there 3 times and will do so again in 3 weeks, personally I love the place.

Quiet, modern, clean, friendly staff and a 5 minute walk to Nana Entertainment Complex, 8 minute walk to Nana BTS.

I had to leave a thb1000 cash deposit the first and second time and a thb2000 deposit the third time because I stayed in their top suite. They refunded me the money on checking out after checking the room for damage or signs of smoking.

A friend had no cash when he checked in so he gave his card and was never refunded the money back so I recommend you make sure you have at least thb 2000 with you upon check in in case they ask you for a deposit which I am pretty sure they will.

Otherwise no complaints whatsoever actually recommend the place but note the breakfast is neither bad nor impressive.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 9 months later...

Stayed 3 nights this trip and reception held 1000THB on Credit Card as deposit for minibar, extras, etc which was cancelled on check-out.

Be aware though, that they have a joiner fee of 1000THB if you take 2 guests to the room. More than a bit excessive in my view.

Gave my deposit back after i checked out. Nice place to stay but couldn't have a three some as no way was i paying a joiner fee of 2k.

It's a nice hotel in a good location but I'm looking at staying in Heavenat4 next time as i don't like joiner fees.

Gave my deposit back after i checked out. Nice place to stay but couldn't have a three some as no way was i paying a joiner fee of 2k.

Joiner fee is 1000 for a 3-some.

They made me pay a joiner fee of 1000 for just 1 guest back in Aug.

Have stayed at Phachara Suites every year since 2005 and never been asked to pay a deposit or a joiner fee even for a 2nd girl. Last visited their hotel in May of this year. Always a top notch hotel for Nana mongering.

1262739989972.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed there 3 times and will do so again in 3 weeks, personally I love the place.

Quiet, modern, clean, friendly staff and a 5 minute walk to Nana Entertainment Complex, 8 minute walk to Nana BTS.

I had to leave a thb1000 cash deposit the first and second time and a thb2000 deposit the third time because I stayed in their top suite. They refunded me the money on checking out after checking the room for damage or signs of smoking.

A friend had no cash when he checked in so he gave his card and was never refunded the money back so I recommend you make sure you have at least thb 2000 with you upon check in in case they ask you for a deposit which I am pretty sure they will.

Otherwise no complaints whatsoever actually recommend the place but note the breakfast is neither bad nor impressive.

I love the hotel, location, rooms are excellent. Last i stayed i also had to pay 2k deposit for their top suite.  I just had them charge my card because when i got there i only had 1200 on hand at check in.  Just as in the case with your friend, my deposit was never refunded.  That would have been a deal breaker for me.  I would never stay at any hotel that just "stole" my money and given it poor reviews based on that. but i had such a good experience there, it didn't bug me as much as it normally would have.  I would still love to stay there, just a learned a lesson to make sure i have the cash on hand at check in. 

• 2 weeks later...

Deposit not refunded? Fuck that and them.

• 11 months later...

Never had a problem refunding my deposit.

Phachara Suites has been my favorite hotel in BKK for 5 years (about a dozen times) due to room size and liberal guest policy.

Due to going straight to Pattaya last couple trips it had been about a year since I stayed there until last week.

I will not stay there again as they have changed their guest policy and enforce it strictly.

Looks like it will be Dynasty Grande or Majestic Suites unless anyone has any other all suite hotel options

20151110_152929.jpg

I was considering phachara suites in my recent trip but due to their joiner policies, I went and book somewhere else.

Stayed at Phachara last month and loved it. Suite came with a washing machine so managed to do a wash before heading to patts which was great.

Wasn't aware of the joiner fee rule but I only took a girl a night back so didn't qualify for the charge.

Also got my deposit back but also paid it in cash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't stayed there in two years because of the arab families, and their frigging kids, can anyone update me as to whether this problem has abated, thanks  Frankie

Haven't stayed there in two years because of the arab families, and their frigging kids, can anyone update me as to whether this problem has abated, thanks  Frankie

That did my head in too. No regard for other guests.

• 3 months later...

Any new updates?

My favorite rooms and location, it would be nice if they backed off their new joiner policy.

Looking to book my next trip.

Much thanks.

I've booked somewhere else due to the joiner policy for my upcoming trip. If other potential guest do the same, I'm sure they will be forced to change their joiner fee policy or loose the potential guests.

Archived