Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Any SCUBA / CABA Divers on here?????

stoked

Any Divers on Here?????

Just looking to see if any members are divers?

If so, any recommendations for Dive Charters?

I’ve used South Asia Divers and they where pretty good…. Great staff and cool Dive Masters…. Although it was a couple years ago, so there may have been a changing of the guard.

On the same note if any one is looking to team up for a dive I’d be game….

I’ve been diving awhile, and always float to the surface eventually….

Stoked’

I have both PADI & NAUI, but here in Patts Mermaid Dive is the bes around

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

I was B.S.A.C. 2nd class for 20 years and some of the best dives I had where in the UK, especialy in the Northern Isles.

Some very testing waters.

Caught_by_squid.gif

Bubbles_3.gif

Great to see a few Divers kickin' around.... I'll probubly Use Mermaids Charter this time around, I've herd lots of good things! I'll be in town MAR 15th through to the APR 8th or so if anyone is looking to go for a dip.....

I've got around 10 years diving time, and would consider myself a good safe dive buddy (PADI, and ACUC Advanced open water, plus a few other certs).....

Stoked'

Advanced open water diver here. Just got back 2 days ago to the great white North from 31 days in Thailand. Did a liveaboard out of Phuket to the Similan Islands. Have done the Great Barrier off Australia, and the Similans are a close second. The food was amazing, but they need some girls on the boats!!!

I would recommend checking out the Similans and doing a liveabord. Went with Ocean Divers in Patong, and they had a good package, a good boat, and a great cook. The crew was awesome too.

Missing Pattaya like mad, spent 10 days there. Can't wait to get back

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

A friend of mine owns a divingcompany in Phuket - they are specialized for tech-diving and rebreather-diving and the onliest base in Phuket for this...so it's for real freaks!

www.deep-blue-divers.de

15 times in LOS - stil stupid...

I´m thinking of taking a diverscourse when i´m in Patts in May.

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

I have been diving over 30 years spend some time underwater every LOS trip. Around Pattaya I think Mermaids runs a decent operation - not a lot of hand-holding micro management.

But for outstanding diving you have to head over to Phuket a get a fast boat to the Similans area - outstanding...but you will miss Pattaya :P

"Life is hard; its harder if you're stupid" - EC

I have never been but would love to try diving. One question for you experienced divers, are there any masks avaialble that will seal well inspite of my moustache?? Every time I have tried a mask or goggles, it has leaked badly due to the moustache.

Rick

An Aussie PADI diver here

Missed out last trip for a dive , but had it on good authority (rightsaid , TQ2) Mermaid at Jomtien is the place to go in Patts

I will be back this Aug anyone interested ,Im up for a Bubble or two

Bruiser

• 1 month later...

I am an Adv Open Water and plan on getting my Air Nitrox cert while I am in town in April. Let me know if anyone will be round and is looking to take a dip, I need a dive buddy.

I have never been but would love to try diving. One question for you experienced divers, are there any masks avaialble that will seal well inspite of my moustache?? Every time I have tried a mask or goggles, it has leaked badly due to the moustache.

Rick

Rick,

I know you posted this quite a while back but here goes: One trick is to use vaseline on your mustache to help create a seal. Another is to stretch your upper lip as far down as possible over you mouth when seating your mask so it can seal @ the base of your nose, that seemed to work fine for me until I opted for no mustache at all. I hope this helps.

I hold a PADI Rescue cert and have done a few dives in Patts.

The first time I went it was with a guy named Max Foster he had a small dive shop but the last two times I was there I could not locate him.

The next two times I went through Mermaids good outfit.... The diving in Patts is ok but I've been told by most of my friends that the Similans and Phuket beats it hands down but, I'll dive Patts when I return

Rick

I've been pretty lucky with my masks, but using vasiline or silicone works pretty well, good luck......Mark

In my lifetime I have spent a lot of money on Fast Cars, Booze and Women- The rest I squandered

CountdownClockCodes.com

Too many late nights and too much muff diving recently to get underwater. Got PADI advanced open water and hope to get back into SCUBA soon.

I did my open water with Mermaids 2 which is located on Beach rd at Tipp Plaza next to the Subway. Great instructors who made sure you learned what you needed but in a fun way. They dive daily of thier own boat and cater for all levels of divers. (Apart from Muff divers !! :25: )

There web site is - http://www.divecentrepattaya.com/ and the guy who runs it is called Dave. He's an English guy who's a good laugh and likes the odd beer or seven. I'll hopefully be doing my advanced with them in August.

Pic of me taken by one of the Mermaids instructors.

IMG_0688.jpg

Testicles

• 2 weeks later...

I'm PADI open water cert...will be back in Pattaya sometime this July if you want to dive. I'll also be heading over to Phuket in Aug to see what all the fuss is about.

Flip

Enjoy the Life,

Flipsmurf

• 1 year later...

40 years under, PADI and B.S.A.C. Been fortunate to dive most places, the most stunning for me was Sipedan Island off Borneo; left the Maldives & Belize standing. Have never made it to the GBR

PADI Divemaster and been diving since 98. Learnt in the Cayman Islands and lived there for 2 years. Have dived in Caymans, Red Sea, Thailand, Australia, Borneo & Sulawesi, Bahamas, Coco's Islands, Burma and Galapagos. The most outstanding diving I have done was in the Coco's Islands.

Lem, where exactly are you planning on diving? This is a good liveaboard, but she is now out of Thai waters. http://www.ocean-rover.com/

PM me and I may be able to give you some advice?

Edited by Archer4

• 3 weeks later...

I just did the Discover Scuba Diving course with Mermaids - very good indeed. I am going on to do the other 3 days to get the basic PADI qualification (and was offered a free extra day of diving by the Aussie guy on Beach Road, Siam Bayview Hotel). I'm hooked

40 years under, PADI and B.S.A.C. Been fortunate to dive most places, the most stunning for me was Sipedan Island off Borneo; left the Maldives & Belize standing. Have never made it to the GBR

PADI MSD. If you fancy diving British waters, I can recommend a quarry near Peterhead that`s fucking freezing!

You have forgotten the face of your Father, maggot!

• 5 weeks later...

Padi Master Scuba Diver with a few gas blending and deep diver courses under me have been diving for 15 years and one of the best hobbies I have. I will be in town Mid April- Mid May definitely up for some diving if someone wants to go.