Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Wantedcommodity

Moving to Vietnam to teach English in Saigon and part time mongering

Wantedcommodity

Hey addicts

I know it's not Thailand but at least it is closer then Australia.

Next week I will be flying in to Saigon to do the tefl english course over 4 weeks then I plan to live and work in Vietnam for at least a year while building my partime businesses over the internet.

The reason why I'm doing this. The cost of living in Australia is becoming too much to get ahead and white women just don't interest me anymore.

I will keep you all posted on my journey. I have never been to Vietnam but have read good things but the only thing that is grey is the p4p scene.

Any updated places that are recommend for mongering would be great or if you already live in Saigon and know the area I would be keen to catch up for a beer and have an adventure to meet some ladies p4p and non p4p if you know where to find great women

I will probably be in Saigon for at least a year so no hurry to treat it like a holiday mongering will have to be a part time hobby for me until I get my finances a little more stable excited to find some places that won't create drama and offer what I need after a hard week of work

After a year if all goes well I will probably be returning to LOS aka Mecca to become an expat and probably make it my base long term can't see my self ever returning to Australia to live unless money becomes no object

32 years of age bored out of my brain in Australia time for change. I will probably go check out Cambodia too as I have also heard great things

Freeze

:GoldenSmile1:

Edited by Freeze

SSSS

Vietnam versus Cambodia.  My understanding the P4P scene in Vietnam is rather weak compared to Cambodia......but the pay is significantly better for teaching English.  So pick your Poison.  Good luck young man.

SSSS 

Edited by SSSS

17hrs2freedom

Hey addicts

I know it's not Thailand but at least it is closer then Australia.

Next week I will be flying in to Saigon to do the tefl english course over 4 weeks then I plan to live and work in Vietnam for at least a year while building my partime businesses over the internet.

The reason why I'm doing this. The cost of living in Australia is becoming too much to get ahead and white women just don't interest me anymore.

I will keep you all posted on my journey. I have never been to Vietnam but have read good things but the only thing that is grey is the p4p scene.

Any updated places that are recommend for mongering would be great or if you already live in Saigon and know the area I would be keen to catch up for a beer and have an adventure to meet some ladies p4p and non p4p if you know where to find great women

I will probably be in Saigon for at least a year so no hurry to treat it like a holiday mongering will have to be a part time hobby for me until I get my finances a little more stable excited to find some places that won't create drama and offer what I need after a hard week of work

After a year if all goes well I will probably be returning to LOS aka Mecca to become an expat and probably make it my base long term can't see my self ever returning to Australia to live unless money becomes no object

32 years of age bored out of my brain in Australia time for change. I will probably go check out Cambodia too as I have also heard great things

What a great post. Best of luck to you, mate!

AngleWong

Good luck, I am gonna follow this with interest.

phuketrichard

never been to Vietnam BUT your going to move there to live an work? Why did u chose Vietnam to do the tefl course?

suggest you do the course an spend 2-4 months traveling around the area, ( Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand,Laos) an than pick ur place.

Wantedcommodity

I choose Vietnam after researching and speaking to other people that have already done it and are currently doing it.

It is one of the cheapest countries that can't get enough teachers so the pay is better then a lot of places and with my entrepreneur skills should really help with networking etc

I also have debt that is almost impossible to pay off in Australia as the cost of living is to high and the wages have not gone up along with the sinking job market

I have been traveling to Malaysia and Thailand for years and as a new English teachers wages are crap rather get experience else where before moving to LOS

So within a year the plan is to be debt free or at least make some real progress work extra hours and then move on to my next adventure

maxb

You're unlucky with your timing. There has been a major crackdown in the last two months.Several of the numbered bars on Hai Ba Trung have been closed and many of the girls arrested, many of the barang-friendly hot tocs closed on Dien Bien Phu (My Tien's mama-san reported arrested) and elsewhere and a slew of FS shops closed. Only the dreadful Apocalypse Now and 'hostess' bars in Pham Ngu Lao appear to have been untouched, and who would Touch them ?

The scene in VN is not like Thailand and assuming things do loosen up in the coming months you will find that discretion is required there. You will no doubt learn this from contacts you make through your teaching. Nobody wants what has been done to Cambodia to happen to Vietnam.

If you want in-your-face prostitution there is nowhere to Touch Pattaya (with the possible exception of AC) - not even close.

Wantedcommodity

Ok I will keep my eyes open and maybe keep to meeting non pay for play women online and in regular bars it's not a bad thing really as I need to stay focus and think about partying later would be nice to still have easy options when I'm lazy

SSSS

You're unlucky with your timing. There has been a major crackdown in the last two months.Several of the numbered bars on Hai Ba Trung have been closed and many of the girls arrested, many of the barang-friendly hot tocs closed on Dien Bien Phu (My Tien's mama-san reported arrested) and elsewhere and a slew of FS shops closed. Only the dreadful Apocalypse Now and 'hostess' bars in Pham Ngu Lao appear to have been untouched, and who would touch them ?

The scene in VN is not like Thailand and assuming things do loosen up in the coming months you will find that discretion is required there. You will no doubt learn this from contacts you make through your teaching.

Nobody wants what has been done to Cambodia to happen to Vietnam.

If you want in-your-face prostitution there is nowhere to Touch Pattaya (with the possible exception of AC) - not even close.

What is it you're implying about Cambodia?

SSSS

moomakmak

Good on ya mate for having a crack and doin what u really want to do and not what every cunt/society says u should do.

Hope u have a ball, and don't worry about pussy coz ur students will be lining up to suck ur dick...never forget dating a young Aussie teacher can be likened to owning a farrari in Australia...very big face for the lucky girl..girls?

Wantedcommodity

Hey Moomakmak

Thanks for the comments I will be happy to get away from my contacts in Aus everyone is an expert now with little experience and big egos it's very tiring.

love it and have a genetic advantage being very white with blonde hair and blue eyes it's kinda like being the hottest guy or girl back in high school just going to keep a level head about it the goal is to have a lot of fun and stay single

maxb

What is it you're implying about Cambodia?

SSSS

That the P4P scene (for barangs) has deteriorated dramatically as a consequence of globalisation, mass tourism and its attendant evils. As per the article I originally linked to here:

Phnom Penh.. a few random photos over the past 2 days

Posted by maxb on 13 August 2012 - 11:26 AM in Cambodia (Kampuchea) & Vietnam

There's a lot of information on this thread, and some good tips for first time visitors.

On the question of telling guys what the going rate is in order to maintain reasonable prices, IME it doesn't work. Generally they just make informed decisions to pay more, but that's just how it goes.

In the interests of balance this Stickman reader's submission might be worth a look. I don't agree with every detail but it broadly reflects the opinions of many barangs living here in PP.

I would just quote the text but the link is worth following for the photographs.

I'd be interested to hear what any members living here think of it.

Doodie

Nice move! Give me a PM when you arrive...

peman00

So any updates? Been 2.5 years and I am always curious to know how it worked out

saigon

Been there and done that back in 2002 in Saigon, and had the time of my life. I will never forget it, I mainly taught English at VUS and VATC "language schools" in the evening and weekends.The last classes ended at 9:30 p.m. so we would go out for beers and a smoke afterwards.They did not have many weekday classes, some but not many, so I slept in and partied slightly before my classes at night( just a little) It was so freakin boring teaching English mate. Like pulling teeth, or beating a dead horse!

However those were the good old days. jobs were plentiful and we taught on 6 month tourist visas.The pay was roughly $16 an hour and you could easily teach 4 hours each evening, Mon-Friday, and all day and night Saturday and Sunday (if you wanted)

My friend would only teach something like 18 hrs only on the weekend and monger all week long.We never paid taxes, or heard of a work permit.The average earnings were $400-$650 a week, some of us teaching at 3 or 4 schools.

That was almost 15 years ago and I heard it changed for the worse and is over saturated with ESL newbies earning squat.

Well, good luck to you, and I hate to rain on your parade boot camp but your a decade and a half too late! :SoWhat1:

Hamchang

^ and you're 3 yrs too late judging by the date of the initial post 

:Think1:

Edited by pseudolus

Skins

Sorry to bump this thread but is OP still around? I've been in Vietnam for the past three years myself. Curious if he's thriving there or if he moved on.