IGNORED

Fourteen Again (Tims Bar) Hotel review

Jason G

wow, very green

love the spa in the room itself though

La La Land Bar & Sky Bar Soi 6 Pattaya

• 1 month later...

Thanks good man.   Why didn't you look around a bit more.  Just saying, the place looks old.  Great review though, I wouldn't stay there--but i am an old geezer with money! :NiceThread1:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they kept the TV from the green room  :)

“Style is when they're running you out of town and you make it look like you're leading the parade.â€

-- William Battie

Booked in there few weeks ago and turned up today. Yes nice big bed, and jacuzzi,,,,, BUT. no lift,,,no Tea/Coffee facilities, No balcony, no WIFI in the rooms. Waste of money. Moved out after two hours, pure shithole,,,,

you didn't think to check these things before booking?

yet you're there only 2 hours and you can say it's a shit hole?

Booked in there few weeks ago and turned up today. Yes nice big bed, and jacuzzi,,,,, BUT. no lift,,,no Tea/Coffee facilities, No balcony, no WIFI in the rooms. Waste of money. Moved out after two hours, pure shithole,,,,

Let's blame this on you, you really should have done your research.  No tea/coffee facilities?! really?

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome review there, Jason!

They have done it up well from the shitty old ST rooms.  One thing to mention is that it is reasonably quiet considering it is right above Tim Bar.

IMO a little overpriced for what it is, but it would be good value if it was 1500B a night which is what we got it for.

Here are some pics from my trip for those who are interested in staying.

Fourteen Again 1.jpg

Fourteen Again 2.jpg

Fourteen Again 3.jpg

Fourteen Again 4.jpg

Fourteen Again 5.jpg

Fourteen Again 9.jpg

Fourteen Again 8.jpg

Fourteen Again 10.jpg

Intimate Hotel 3.jpg

Tim Bar 2.jpg

Tim Bar 3.jpg

Tim Bar 4.jpg

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Awesome review there, Jason!

They have done it up well from the shitty old ST rooms.  One thing to mention is that it is reasonably quiet considering it is right above Tim Bar.

IMO a little overpriced for what it is, but it would be good value if it was 1500B a night which is what we got it for.

Here are some pics from my trip for those who are interested in staying.

were there again in March

costing us 1300 a night this time

only paid 1100 a night in August

didnt use the pool at Intimate last time, but will be this trip -  they didnt try and charge you did they?

What about the indoor pool in the snooker room? they told us 200 each WTF?

• 5 years later...

Thanks for this great review, time to bump this thread! 
I will maybe stay here on my next trip. It's just 790 thb / night (all inclusive) currently on Agoda, so great value. 

Question: I know it can be (depending on the specific room) quite noisy because it's above a bar / gogo. I'm never in bed early anyway, so i don't care about the noise at night.
But the question: When does the noise start? Is it quiet during the day? Can i easily sleep until 4pm? or take a nap at 6pm and still sleep soundly? 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

10 minutes ago, petehoax said:

Thanks for this great review, time to bump this thread! 
I will maybe stay here on my next trip. It's just 790 thb / night (all inclusive) currently on Agoda, so great value. 

Question: I know it can be (depending on the specific room) quite noisy because it's above a bar / gogo. I'm never in bed early anyway, so i don't care about the noise at night.
But the question: When does the noise start? Is it quiet during the day? Can i easily sleep until 4pm? or take a nap at 6pm and still sleep soundly? 

I have stayed there a couple of times...no elevator and yes it get a bit noisy...but location is killer and rooms are decent and a great value IMO.  Wifi sucks..but you can got to intimate hotel across the street and use their wifi if needed and their pool.  The noise doesn't start until around 8 if I remember correctly....sleeping until 4 is no problem.

• 1 month later...

i use this old thread to give a review / impression from my last stay. these are just points that stood out to me in one way or another. 

- noise: no problem at all. i stayed in the third floor and even during gogo hours, it wasn't loud at all. you could slightly hear that the music is playing, but no problem at all.
- AC is not really adequate for such a big room, it's underpowered and takes a long time to cool down. this is annoying because the hotel doesn't give you a 2nd key card which you can use to leave on the AC if you leave for a few hours. the AC is also somewhat noisy. 
- as mentioned, rooms are really big. unfortunately, they didn't use the available space for anything. you still only have a single small chair and a big bed. so if you come home with a girl late at night with some food, one has to either sit on the bed or on the floor or on a small ledge that is normally used for clothes or a luggage. there would be more than enough space to put in a comfortable chair or small sofa to relax or so. and it would increase the room quality a lot.
- bed is very big and comfortable. 
- jacuzzi worked good and was huge. it took quite a long time to fill, but that is to be expected. water temperature was good. 
- shower was very big. unfortunately it only has a fixed shower head (but you could turn it around a little bit). i strongly prefer a dual setup with a removable shower head as well as a rainshower top thingy). water temperature was unfortunately not constant. it always slightly swerved between too cold and too hot, which was quite annoying. 
- they do NOT provide a hairdryer at all, even if you ask for one. this i really don't understand. i mean i have quite short hair, so i can live with it. but it's annoying if you have long hair or for your girls. i mean you have a huge jacuzzi, it's quite easy for a girl to get her hair wet (even with a shower cap on)... 
- they only have a fixed bottle opener attached to a wall in the bathroom. it was very fickle and lead to me breaking off the glass "neck" off the first two beers that i wanted to open. the thing worked if you acted super careful and opened it very slowly, but man, just add a 10thb bottle opener, it would increase the satisfaction a lot. (you also cannot open a beer if your girl is in the bathroom at the same time...)
- i normally always want to have 4 towels at the same time in my room (several STs per day and i often like to get a massage in my room, so it's nice to have enough fresh towels). i always tip house keeping and in most hotels, they will always replace your 4 current towels with 4 fresh ones, if they make up the room. not in this hotel. they ALWAYS only put 2 towels there and if i wanted more, i had to ask for it separetely every time. somewhat annoying. 
- they only offer room cleaning until 4pm. i think 5pm is much better. it's not a huge deal of course, but a small negative. 
- room numbering system doesn't make any sense. it's just 701 - 712 (or 714, not sure). as a result: every TF girl i've invited to the hotel had to be accompanied by a staff member so that she was able to find the room. (the receptions calls you in the room and tells you that the lady is here. they ask for you to come down but if you tell them to send her to your room, that works as well). 
- as mentioned earlier: they ask for a 1000thb joiner fee for your 2nd girl (first one is free). if you come home late at night, the reception was often not occupied. also after the first 2-3 days, they did never bother me for ID check even if i came in with a random girl during the day. of course i could still ask them to take the ID if i wanted (in which case they would give me the control call when the girl is leaving), but they ignored me as long as i ignored them. 
- i still don't know if it's 20+ or 18+. They didn't mention anything specifically when i asked them beforehand. i took home an 18+ girl twice, but both times the lobby ignored me and i didn't want to find out more. 
- as mentioned a few times, they don't have an elevator. for me personally, it's really no problem. girls in high heels often didn't like it a lot and it gave off a somewhat cheap vibe (but they were in contrast often positively surprised afterwards when they saw the big room and jacuzzi). 
- they didn't give me wifi info during check-in so i simply ignored it and used 4g all the time. i got a 11gb data package for 1 week, so more than enough, so i simply didn't care. can't say anything about wifi therefore. 

Conclusion: i think for the price i paid (670thb++ / night), it's absolutely amazing value. for the price they normally ask (i'd say between 1200 - 1600 thb), there are probably better options available most of the time. for me personally: i will probably not stay here anymore, even for the price i got. it's simply worth it to me to spend 1k more per night for a better experience across the board.

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...

One additional thing i just remembered: The safe in my room small. Too small inded to even put a 13" laptop in there. Wasn't a big deal for me, but for people with expensive high-end laptops, it could be a factor. 

Archived