IGNORED

Fourteen Again (Tims Bar) Hotel review

Jason G

Ok, so I wanted to do a detailed review on the rooms at Fourteen Again which is located above Tims Bar
they have 10 rooms and we had 5 of them, which were all different (but same price), but too much party meant I only got so much info
so here goes

Firstly, I must have spent 1000 hours checking out different hotels online. Once I found something that I liked the sound of I checked google maps for the location and to see what the surroundings were like. Then I came onto PA to see what people said (if there was any info) and even messaged a few people to ask questions
Originally I looked at Fourteen Again (ill call it 14A from now) but for some reason I didn't look into it that much
We had bookings at Nova Park (where we stayed last trip) and also had one at Citin just incase we didn't find anything else we liked

To be honest im not much on flash hotel rooms. In a previous life I was a magazine editor and travelled Australia and stayed in hotels all over the country. From little shit holes in the back of nowhere to $600 a night monsters thanks to car companies. At the end of the day the things I remember most is a location I like. Staff who aren't up themselves (you work in a hotel FFS) and a comfy bed. Im 6'4"so I love a huge bed'. Other than that as long as it's clean I don't really give a shit
As for impressing the Thai girls - fuck em!
Some of the hottest pics of girls I have seen on PA have been standing in what looks like real low rent type places so it's more about the baht in your pocket than how flash the room is

So after looking at 14A I realised that the location is a bloody cracker. The longer we were there the more I realised just how good it is.

The obvious things are:
Walk out the front door and you're on a baht bus (bb) in less than a minute
Mikes Mall is a 2 minute walk with plenty of clothing shops
Soi Dianne is a block away (
LK Metro is about a 6 minute walk
WS is a short walk or 30-40baht moto ride
Straight through soi 12 or Mikes to get the BR FLs

The not so obvious things:
The staff never gave a strange look to ANY of our girls
The cleaning staff were right on the ball
Saw them cleaning the downstairs floors a couple times
They cleaned the fans and A/C filters
Saw them clean the stairs (on knees scrubbing)
I asked to have 4 towels the first morning and had them the whole time without asking again
There is a front entrance off 2nd road through the gogo and one in the side through soi 14
You can return to the room from a lot of different directions so if you BF close by you can avoid them
Maccas and Starbucks in a 1 minute walk
About 8 Exchange booths within 4 minute walk and excellent exchange rates
Lots of cart food that rotate all the time
2x 7/11s
2x chemists
5x massage places (we used Aree, cross from Mikes)
2-3 mins on bb to Food Park
5 mins on bb to Soi 6 (the most important info)
Put your washing in the supplied bag and leave it outside the door by 11 and you get it back that night (reasonable price to)

almost every day we we went to food park and then Soi 6 and about the only issue was coming back we had to get off bus on BR and walk through Mikes - no biggie

Along with the above the rooms were only 1100baht a night during low season
I just booked 7 of their 10 rooms for March 2014. On booking .com the price came to $900aud compared to $550aud during August 2013
After emailing them to ask the price they came back with 1300baht a night so the $900aud became $650aud
so basically for 14 nights in hi season we're only paying $100aud more - 2800baht

The big thing that drew me to 14A was the fact they have the massive beds that make king size look small so lots of room for multiple Thai girls to move round. And it has a massive Jacuzzi in every room and a glass (although frosted) panel to the shower. This not only allows entertaining viewing but you can also keep an eye on the girls in you're at all worried they might rob you

Personally the only real issues I has was that the soap holder in the shower didn't have a drain hole so my big cake of soap was waterlogged. Couldn't leave the A/C on without leaving the electronic card in the slot which could be an issue during summer. 1000baht deposit on electronic card. Next trip im going to get a second card and leave the A/C on in the room all day during summer. Since I was in room 701 which is directly on top of the GOGO there was some issue with noise but I was either out till all hours, making my own noise with a lady or if I was early and sober I sleep like a log anyway so I didn't really have a problem. If you're a light sleeper then don't get 701/702/703

Have heard of people having problems with bringing back 18/19yo girls to Intimate (same owner, cross the lane) but we never had a problem. Also, a few did more than one girl and they didn't try any joiner fee BS.

On their email (which is handled through Intimate) at the bottom it says Note that joiner fee 1,000 THB/ night ( 1 room can stay 2 pax.)" but I replied saying that others have said there's no joiner and they confirmed this in a reply email so there's no worry there

Tims Bar web site
http://www.timbarpattaya.com/

Link to the 14A section
http://www.timbarpattaya.com/14again.php

View from 2nd Rd to front of Tims Bar
You can walk through the little bar at the front into the Gogo
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Walking+Street+Pattaya+Thailand&hl=en&ll=12.93048,100.881306&spn=0.000005,0.004128&sll=13.224139,100.93682&sspn=0.004465,0.008256&oq=walking+st&t=h&hq=Walking+Street&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&z=19&layer=c&cbll=12.930391,100.881209&panoid=F_cz8615dTakRQJVdE79cw&cbp=12,113.22,,0,-13.51

Up soi 14 looking back towards 2nd Rd
the side entrance to 14A is the blue bits on the left
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Walking+Street+Pattaya+Thailand&hl=en&ll=12.930263,100.881585&spn=0.000005,0.004128&sll=13.224139,100.93682&sspn=0.004465,0.008256&oq=walking+st&t=h&hq=Walking+Street&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&layer=c&cbll=12.930206,100.881656&panoid=6jDkE7WJcr2jcdS2D1TcOQ&cbp=12,297.14,,0,-3.93&z=19

The actual entrance - 24hour
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Walking+Street+Pattaya+Thailand&hl=en&ll=12.930205,100.881655&spn=0.000005,0.004128&sll=13.224139,100.93682&sspn=0.004465,0.008256&oq=walking+st&t=h&hq=Walking+Street&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&layer=c&cbll=12.930262,100.881584&panoid=_VXaI2zGkOO3k76E6EBgCw&cbp=12,218.78,,0,7.94&z=19

2nd Rd
you can see Tims Bar sign on the left and there's Maccas on the right. Starbucks is just next to Maccas
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Walking+Street+Pattaya+Thailand&hl=en&ll=12.930054,100.880848&spn=0.000005,0.004128&sll=13.224139,100.93682&sspn=0.004465,0.008256&oq=walking+st&t=h&hq=Walking+Street&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&z=19&layer=c&cbll=12.930054,100.880848&panoid=aa1jJ0BGsxMWBDc1qotSIQ&cbp=12,95.09,,0,6.02

None of our group BF from the GOGO at all as the very first day after we did our shopping and SSS we met in the gogo and despite about 20 girls and about 3 customers in the middle of low season we got next to no attention, and we're talking 5 white guys in ages from 23 - 47 and nobody needed a bag over their head. Not to mention a quoted 800BF and 2500LT later on we didn't see the need to shop at home. There were some nice girls there but nothing you cant get cheaper elsewhere with better attitudes

There are 2 types of spas which are pretty random around the rooms
there's the regular bath style and then the shell type, or as we like to refer to it - blo job spa. Lets face it, with a seat cut into it so your ass is just in the water the only real use is so you can get a BJ while shes in the water
I had the bath type and used it a couple of time and there was no issue with space and it's great for some playing

so inside the hotel the rooms are laid out in a very strange manner
it seems that there are 11 rooms but one of them looks to be an office of some sort so there is only 10
there is also another floor (a 3rd) above the gogo but no access so theyre either somebodies living area or ST rooms maybe

as you walk up the stairs you can turn left or right
is you turn left there is a floor with 2 rooms. The first room is the office and im not sure about the other
above that there is 2 more rooms that some of our group had
at top of the stairs is room 714 which is rather large with a window out to the rear side and a large bathroom with the BJ spa
at the end is room 712 which is fucking massive. If you plan a gang bang then get this room. the shower cubical is able to hold about 5-6 people
there's a BJ spa and a large full lounge. Only problem is that it takes a while to cool down and tends to be either warm or freezing
this could be good in high season when it's really hot if you get a spare card and keep the A/C on

At the top of the first set of stairs if you turn right you'll go directly above the gogo. The first floor has 3 rooms. One slightly larger (701) and 2 regular rooms (702, 703) that have windows facing 2nd rd but if you look at the pic showing the front of the building they're the bottom ones with all the power cables right in front.
there's another set of stairs that go from there up to another floor with 4 more rooms (704, 5, 6, 7) which seem to be the same size as the lower regular rooms. The pics of the rooms on their site seem to be of room 702 / 703 and the  and the front 2 rooms on the floor above are the same. They have actual balconys with doors but they look like they're opened once a year.
The 2 rooms on that floor that are above 701 and face the rear of the building seem to be the same but we didn't get much of a look in them
Although one of the guys busted someone leaving one of those rooms with a LB so they don't have an issue with that there either if that's your thing

I Was in room 701 that's directly over the GOGO. If you don't like noise then don't get this room. Didn't bother me at all but if you're a light sleeper it will drive you nuts. Rather large room with a little extra between the bed and bathroom area. Has a lounge/bench seat there that came in handy a couple of times but wouldn't miss it if I had a regular room

Here's a video clip of a front room on the top floor

Quality is so so as it was a quick run around (it has BJ spa)

IMG_4070.MOV

Room 701

Has the extra space with the viewing chair to check out whats happening in the shower

IMG_20130804_130323.jpg

Huge beds in all the rooms

IMG_20130804_130340.jpg

not a good shot as you can have 3 or 4 in there no problem

IMG_20130804_130350.jpg

The regular spa, plenty of space for a party of 2

didnt take long to fill either

IMG_20130804_130411.jpg

The BJ spa

seriously, why else is there a seat?

IMG_20130807_191900.jpg

got this vceiw every night and morning for 2 weeks

IMG_20130808_225438.jpg

La La Land Bar & Sky Bar Soi 6 Pattaya

Do you get free use of the swimming pool at the (Tims Boutique) Intimate Hotel?

so im told, but we were too busy fucking :)

Awesome review Jason, which rooms would you recommend for us light sleepers? I see that you have booked a bunch of rooms for March when I plan to be there. Hopefully you haven't taken all the quiet rooms! :P

S'n'D

Take 714 mate, thats the slightly larger room out back

BJ spa and very quiet

we'll catch up there mate

what dates you going?

Hell of a review Jason, kudos :D

Bit of a dumb question but did you notice if the TV had HDMI or is there a sound system in the rooms? Pics all show old TVs and I've gotten used to hooking up my tablet via HDMI to flat screen TVs to play music etc. when I head back with the best friend for the night; from the looks of it I doubt the TVs in the pics would have HDMI.

Bit of a dumb question but did you notice if the TV had HDMI or is there a sound system in the rooms? Pics all show old TVs and I've gotten used to hooking up my tablet via HDMI to flat screen TVs to play music etc. when I head back with the best friend for the night; from the looks of it I doubt the TVs in the pics would have HDMI.

Nah, shit box old box TVs and no stereos

going to bring some sort of stereo next time

probably my tablet

also, all the power outlets shut down when you leave the room and remove your card

but there double plug where the fridge is plugged in is always live so you can charge shit when out of room

Thanks, figured that'd be the answer; not a deal breaker, from the website and your detailed review sounds like a good option for accommodation.

Thanks, figured that'd be the answer; not a deal breaker, from the website and your detailed review sounds like a good option for accommodation.

there's a safe in the cupboard also

Great review. I don't understand the old TVs in so many hotels and guest houses. When traveling I always go for a room with an LCD because I like the modern (or should we now say 'normal'?) feeling when staying in a room. Some huge old tube TV makes me feel ripped off. Even newer and clean guest houses have 32" LCDs and charge 500 baht a night. 

And I unplug the tv and hide the remote. Not at all interested in tv. Room safe is essential to me though.

Actually the flat screen is a good point. I like these as well as I plug a USB stick into it and play music through the TV. Sounds much better through a TV than through a laptop. Still sounds like a great place to stay.

S'n'D

mate got one of those Beats speakers for 600baht and you can just bluetooth through your phone

Great review and pics

I do that too, great for music and watching movies/tv shows off it since there are hardly any (2?) English channels in Patts

• 3 weeks later...

Big change from when I stayed there in 06-07, had the room in front over the go-go, think it was called 7A back then, had a nice big shower and Jacuzzi, only paid 800 in high season, I'll try to find some pics of what they looked like then.

would like to see them if you can dig em out

Ok, so I wanted to do a detailed review on the rooms at Fourteen Again which is located above Tims Bar

they have 10 rooms and we had 5 of them, which were all different (but same price), but too much party meant I only got so much info

so here goes

Firstly, I must have spent 1000 hours checking out different hotels online. Once I found something that I liked the sound of I checked google maps for the location and to see what the surroundings were like. Then I came onto PA to see what people said (if there was any info) and even messaged a few people to ask questions

Originally I looked at Fourteen Again (ill call it 14A from now) but for some reason I didn't look into it that much

We had bookings at Nova Park (where we stayed last trip) and also had one at Citin just incase we didn't find anything else we liked

To be honest im not much on flash hotel rooms. In a previous life I was a magazine editor and travelled Australia and stayed in hotels all over the country. From little shit holes in the back of nowhere to $600 a night monsters thanks to car companies. At the end of the day the things I remember most is a location I like. Staff who aren't up themselves (you work in a hotel FFS) and a comfy bed. Im 6'4"so I love a huge bed'. Other than that as long as it's clean I don't really give a shit

As for impressing the Thai girls - fuck em!

Some of the hottest pics of girls I have seen on PA have been standing in what looks like real low rent type places so it's more about the baht in your pocket than how flash the room is

So after looking at 14A I realised that the location is a bloody cracker. The longer we were there the more I realised just how good it is.

The obvious things are:

Walk out the front door and you're on a baht bus (bb) in less than a minute

Mikes Mall is a 2 minute walk with plenty of clothing shops

Soi Dianne is a block away (

LK Metro is about a 6 minute walk

WS is a short walk or 30-40baht moto ride

Straight through soi 12 or Mikes to get the BR FLs

The not so obvious things:

The staff never gave a strange look to ANY of our girls

The cleaning staff were right on the ball

Saw them cleaning the downstairs floors a couple times

They cleaned the fans and A/C filters

Saw them clean the stairs (on knees scrubbing)

I asked to have 4 towels the first morning and had them the whole time without asking again

There is a front entrance off 2nd road through the gogo and one in the side through soi 14

You can return to the room from a lot of different directions so if you BF close by you can avoid them

Maccas and Starbucks in a 1 minute walk

About 8 Exchange booths within 4 minute walk and excellent exchange rates

Lots of cart food that rotate all the time

2x 7/11s

2x chemists

5x massage places (we used Aree, cross from Mikes)

2-3 mins on bb to Food Park

5 mins on bb to soi 6 (the most important info)

Put your washing in the supplied bag and leave it outside the door by 11 and you get it back that night (reasonable price to)

almost every day we we went to food park and then soi 6 and about the only issue was coming back we had to get off bus on BR and walk through Mikes - no biggie

Along with the above the rooms were only 1100baht a night during low season

I just booked 7 of their 10 rooms for March 2014. On booking .com the price came to $900aud compared to $550aud during August 2013

After emailing them to ask the price they came back with 1300baht a night so the $900aud became $650aud

so basically for 14 nights in hi season we're only paying $100aud more - 2800baht

The big thing that drew me to 14A was the fact they have the massive beds that make king size look small so lots of room for multiple Thai girls to move round. And it has a massive Jacuzzi in every room and a glass (although frosted) panel to the shower. This not only allows entertaining viewing but you can also keep an eye on the girls in you're at all worried they might rob you

Personally the only real issues I has was that the soap holder in the shower didn't have a drain hole so my big cake of soap was waterlogged. Couldn't leave the A/C on without leaving the electronic card in the slot which could be an issue during summer. 1000baht deposit on electronic card. Next trip im going to get a second card and leave the A/C on in the room all day during summer. Since I was in room 701 which is directly on top of the GOGO there was some issue with noise but I was either out till all hours, making my own noise with a lady or if I was early and sober I sleep like a log anyway so I didn't really have a problem. If you're a light sleeper then don't get 701/702/703

Have heard of people having problems with bringing back 18/19yo girls to Intimate (same owner, cross the lane) but we never had a problem. Also, a few did more than one girl and they didn't try any joiner fee BS.

On their email (which is handled through Intimate) at the bottom it says Note that joiner fee 1,000 THB/ night ( 1 room can stay 2 pax.)" but I replied saying that others have said there's no joiner and they confirmed this in a reply email so there's no worry there

Tims Bar web site

http://www.timbarpattaya.com/

Link to the 14A section

http://www.timbarpattaya.com/14again.php

View from 2nd Rd to front of Tims Bar

You can walk through the little bar at the front into the Gogo

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Walking+Street+Pattaya+Thailand&hl=en&ll=12.93048,100.881306&spn=0.000005,0.004128&sll=13.224139,100.93682&sspn=0.004465,0.008256&oq=walking+st&t=h&hq=Walking+Street&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&z=19&layer=c&cbll=12.930391,100.881209&panoid=F_cz8615dTakRQJVdE79cw&cbp=12,113.22,,0,-13.51

Up soi 14 looking back towards 2nd Rd

the side entrance to 14A is the blue bits on the left

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Walking+Street+Pattaya+Thailand&hl=en&ll=12.930263,100.881585&spn=0.000005,0.004128&sll=13.224139,100.93682&sspn=0.004465,0.008256&oq=walking+st&t=h&hq=Walking+Street&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&layer=c&cbll=12.930206,100.881656&panoid=6jDkE7WJcr2jcdS2D1TcOQ&cbp=12,297.14,,0,-3.93&z=19

The actual entrance - 24hour

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Walking+Street+Pattaya+Thailand&hl=en&ll=12.930205,100.881655&spn=0.000005,0.004128&sll=13.224139,100.93682&sspn=0.004465,0.008256&oq=walking+st&t=h&hq=Walking+Street&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&layer=c&cbll=12.930262,100.881584&panoid=_VXaI2zGkOO3k76E6EBgCw&cbp=12,218.78,,0,7.94&z=19

2nd Rd

you can see Tims Bar sign on the left and there's Maccas on the right. Starbucks is just next to Maccas

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Walking+Street+Pattaya+Thailand&hl=en&ll=12.930054,100.880848&spn=0.000005,0.004128&sll=13.224139,100.93682&sspn=0.004465,0.008256&oq=walking+st&t=h&hq=Walking+Street&hnear=Pattaya,+Chon+Buri,+Thailand&z=19&layer=c&cbll=12.930054,100.880848&panoid=aa1jJ0BGsxMWBDc1qotSIQ&cbp=12,95.09,,0,6.02

None of our group BF from the GOGO at all as the very first day after we did our shopping and SSS we met in the gogo and despite about 20 girls and about 3 customers in the middle of low season we got next to no attention, and we're talking 5 white guys in ages from 23 - 47 and nobody needed a bag over their head. Not to mention a quoted 800BF and 2500LT later on we didn't see the need to shop at home. There were some nice girls there but nothing you cant get cheaper elsewhere with better attitudes

There are 2 types of spas which are pretty random around the rooms

there's the regular bath style and then the shell type, or as we like to refer to it - blo job spa. Lets face it, with a seat cut into it so your ass is just in the water the only real use is so you can get a BJ while shes in the water

I had the bath type and used it a couple of time and there was no issue with space and it's great for some playing

so inside the hotel the rooms are laid out in a very strange manner

it seems that there are 11 rooms but one of them looks to be an office of some sort so there is only 10

there is also another floor (a 3rd) above the gogo but no access so theyre either somebodies living area or ST rooms maybe

as you walk up the stairs you can turn left or right

is you turn left there is a floor with 2 rooms. The first room is the office and im not sure about the other

above that there is 2 more rooms that some of our group had

at top of the stairs is room 714 which is rather large with a window out to the rear side and a large bathroom with the BJ spa

at the end is room 712 which is fucking massive. If you plan a gang bang then get this room. the shower cubical is able to hold about 5-6 people

there's a BJ spa and a large full lounge. Only problem is that it takes a while to cool down and tends to be either warm or freezing

this could be good in high season when it's really hot if you get a spare card and keep the A/C on

At the top of the first set of stairs if you turn right you'll go directly above the gogo. The first floor has 3 rooms. One slightly larger (701) and 2 regular rooms (702, 703) that have windows facing 2nd rd but if you look at the pic showing the front of the building they're the bottom ones with all the power cables right in front.

there's another set of stairs that go from there up to another floor with 4 more rooms (704, 5, 6, 7) which seem to be the same size as the lower regular rooms. The pics of the rooms on their site seem to be of room 702 / 703 and the  and the front 2 rooms on the floor above are the same. They have actual balconys with doors but they look like they're opened once a year.

The 2 rooms on that floor that are above 701 and face the rear of the building seem to be the same but we didn't get much of a look in them

Although one of the guys busted someone leaving one of those rooms with a LB so they don't have an issue with that there either if that's your thing

I Was in room 701 that's directly over the GOGO. If you don't like noise then don't get this room. Didn't bother me at all but if you're a light sleeper it will drive you nuts. Rather large room with a little extra between the bed and bathroom area. Has a lounge/bench seat there that came in handy a couple of times but wouldn't miss it if I had a regular room

Here's a video clip of a front room on the top floor

Quality is so so as it was a quick run around (it has BJ spa)

attachicon.gifIMG_4070.MOV

Room 701

Has the extra space with the viewing chair to check out whats happening in the shower

attachicon.gifIMG_20130804_130323.jpg

Huge beds in all the rooms

attachicon.gifIMG_20130804_130340.jpg

not a good shot as you can have 3 or 4 in there no problem

attachicon.gifIMG_20130804_130350.jpg

The regular spa, plenty of space for a party of 2

didnt take long to fill either

attachicon.gifIMG_20130804_130411.jpg

The BJ spa

seriously, why else is there a seat?

attachicon.gifIMG_20130807_191900.jpg

got this vceiw every night and morning for 2 weeks