Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

train

brucemb

Have seen the train advertised=whos tried it?

Cabs take over 2 hrs to centre=is it a decent journey on the train

very cheap I understand less than 50bht

I have used the train once to get from Pattaya to Bangkok. It took about 4.5 hours to get there and if I remember correctly it cost 34 baht.

The train had vendors jumping on and off selling all types off food and drink. The closer you got to Bangkok the train started filling up with school children going home. We were catching the overnight train from Bangkok to Udon Thani so this is why we caught the train from Pattaya to meet it. I enjoy train travel so I try to catch the train in every country I visit.

There is only 1 train a day each way between Bangkok to Pattaya and it leaves at 14:21 to go to Bangkok.

Here is a link to the State Railways of Thailand:

http://www.railway.co.th/english/index.asp

done it once

bit out of the way

more relaxing than the speeding taxi nuts plus you can get up and walk around a bit

took about 3.5 hrs

empty at first fills up in burbs of Bkk

Good for viewing life between P and B

Member since Dec 06.

good thing is you get out at Asoke/new petchburi rd etc and easily connect to mrt.

it is a good alternative for busy days like after the new year holiday, pattaya festival, or when construction is bad on sukumvit. I personally like the idea of snatching away from the pattaya bus monopoly and their bad service.

Sometimes it makes also sense to catch a Sattahip - Ekkamai bus, depending on where you are in Pattaya. In earlier times it was was possible to get a Sattahip bus at Ekkamai and go to Pattaya paying to same fare as on the Pattaya bus. This has changed. It is still a good alternative if the Pattaya buses are full and you want to avoid the wait. If you go to the Jomtien area, Sattahip bus is certainly a good alternative.

The train is a good alternative, and for those who don't know where the station is it is across Sukhumvit one click up Soi Siam Country Club. Train leaves around 2.30 pm and all you need is 36 baht for a one way ticket, a cool box filled with adequate booze and just take in the scenery as you stop at every chicken shit village en route. You get to BKK early evening, catch the MRT from Asoke to your hotel of choice, quich S,S and Shave and your at your favourite night time leisure venue by 8.00 pm

If you have not tried it give it a go if there is a group of you it can be quite good fun.