Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Isuzu X series v Mazda BT 50

LOTTELLEE WINNA

A few months ago I started a thread around the topic of "which pick-up"?...many thanks for the feed back in this regard. Today, armed with this info (and a million THB :wink: ) I set out to tour the Udon dealerships in search of a 2WD Auto top of the range model in white or silver:

Chevvy - Colorado, looks OK, but negative feedback from BMs

Ford - Ranger, great looking, but shocking service from dealership staff and a 1 year wait

Mitzibushi - Tritron, a lack of product knowledge from the rep put a bit of a dampener on things 

I decided for a variety of reasons to rule the above out...onward and upward:

Mazda - BT 50 same same as Ford but with different styling. Excellent and attentive staff, a top of the range auto model in white - DBS 2.2 Hi Racer AT ABS (with lots of goodies thrown in) available immediately at a cost of 879,000THB. A very idiosyncratic "smiley" look, but I for one really liked it.

Isuzu - Hi Lander model looks good and is priced comparable to the BT 50...however, they had a white X Seriesin stock at 982,000 THB and it looks the dogs bollocks.

So I have narrowed it down to the BT 50 or X Series...obviously it is a matter of personal choice, but I wondered if fellow BMs had any advice in this regard.

Colin's Big Thai Adventure 120.JPG

Colin's Big Thai Adventure 125.JPG

Colin's Big Thai Adventure 124.JPG

The Isuzu looks good.

What kind of warranties do they come with? Availability of spares parts and service centers.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I am in the same situation. I like the Mazda BT 50 and that's the one I am buying. I like the inside more than the ford ranger.

But and here is the but. Thais would buy the Isuzu all day long. How many Mazda baht buses do you see? So if re sale value is important the Isuzu is the one to buy. If your not so worried about re sale I think the Mazda is a nicer place to be, and a very good spec for the price.

For me it's the Mazda on looks.

I drive exactly the Mazda you describe in your post and have rented an almost new Isuzu a few times last year .

The Isuzu is a bit more powerfull but the Mazda compensates that with his 6 speed auto gear box so there will

be hardly any difference in performance .

For me the Mazda had the better seats and the more logic dashboard layout . Not sure about the color in your

pic . I think the Mazda looks best in Black or white .

Get the hood protector (2k Bht) right away as i had two dents in the hood in the first week . The service from

Mazda is by far the best i have seen compared to the other cardealers i've bought from over the last few years .

For the extra 100k the Isuzu has to cost you can get yourself a lot of goodies on the Mazda .

Another thing i noticed is that the costs for the yearly registration/tax are much lower for a 2,2 compared to a

3,0 L engine (Toyota 3,0L about 14.500 , Mazda 2,2L about 4.000 Bht a year) .

For me ... Mazda it is .

Which one will get you more chicks?

Oh yeah, It's Thailand, I forgot! Get the Mazda and spend the difference on chicks! :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

No mention of the Toyota? Popular here as well as the Isuzu and both are easy to resell..I have to factors all these things in....Isuzu is a tough truck and Most Baht busses that run 24-7 are Isuzu...

Like the Mazda but it is to large for the traffic here..Looks super Big at least but could be the same size as the others? Like driving a Bus down Pattaya Tai...Chevy Colorado has a good Rep in the USA..Forget the Yr wait to get a Ford..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I see you have already discarded the Chev Colorado, BUT !!  I have a 2006 model, which when it was new was "top of the range", nearly 160K on the clock, goes like a charm.  3 litre, auto, 2WD, 4 door, I would suggest looking at them again as they are basically the Isuzu anyway, (without the resale value).

If like me, you intend on keeping the vehicle long term, & are firm on either Mazda or Isuzu, save the $$$ & go Mazda, but have another look at Chev !

Safe journeys

I see you have already discarded the Chev Colorado, BUT !!  I have a 2006 model, which when it was new was "top of the range", nearly 160K on the clock, goes like a charm.  3 litre, auto, 2WD, 4 door, I would suggest looking at them again as they are basically the Isuzu anyway, (without the resale value).

If like me, you intend on keeping the vehicle long term, & are firm on either Mazda or Isuzu, save the $$$ & go Mazda, but have another look at Chev !

Safe journeys

I have a Mitsubishi Diesel..Great truck but I'm thinking of upgrading it....I Like what I see in the Chevy Colorado..The Size fits me better and the Colorado is super Popular in the USA....The Colorado and Isuzu Do Share Many same Parts and lately I see them as Taxis...Toyota is highly rated with the Thais..Nissan is Nice with a good interior but lose value rather quickly..

My Gardner has a Nissan Diesel with 460,000 KM on the clock and still runs strong..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I have a 2 year old DMax and a 10 month old MU7 (both bought from new), so I am biased, but I would go for the X-Series.

I am thinking about trading up on my DMax to the X-Series, black looks so good.

Service centres just about everywhere for Isuzu, so very handy for servicing.  I have only had one problem on both the Isuzu's I own and that was the rear camera on the MU7 and it was repaired very quickly under warranty.

Posted Image

Just adding that the Mazda dealer in Udon gives excellent service . Not sure about the Izuzu,can say that we took out a new MU-7 on a test drive just before the customer picked it up !

My choice when I came here was between the Toyota and the Isuzu.  Similar in many ways but chose the Isuzu because I could drive one away from the showroom that day.  Did nearly 60,000K`s in less than two years without any problem at all and decided to get another Isuzu this year.  Because of the good reliability etc I had had with the first one, no problems at all, I just had to stay with Isuzu.  My old pickup was bought from me by my Thai brother in law who is running it, still with no problems now.    Bought the first one in Udon Thani but the second one in Khon Kaen as they were much cheaper there, saved about 20,000 baht on exactly the same deal.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Many thanks for all the feedback...decided on Isuzu. Just within my 100,000 budget....will give a short report after a couple of weeks.

Thanks again chaps

Hi mate. Do you mind sharing if you paid for the whole thing in 1 hit or put a % of the purchase price down and financed the rest? Curious to know what terms, rates and repayments etc they gave you.

If you mind sharing then just ignore me    :Think1:  

Good choice with the Isuzu btw, looks great.

Many thanks for all the feedback...decided on Isuzu. Just within my 100,000 budget....will give a short report after a couple of weeks.

Thanks again chaps

Think maybe you missed off one zero on the above post!  The beginning of this thread said one million Thai baht and because of that I guess that you had paid for it in one go.  Hope it is a reliable as mine has been, hope to see you soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Think maybe you missed off one zero on the above post!  The beginning of this thread said one million Thai baht and because of that I guess that you had paid for it in one go.  Hope it is a reliable as mine has been, hope to see you soon.

Oooops - just short of 1Million THB for the Isuzu x series. Auto 2WD 4door - comes with leather, special alloys, satnav and an awesome sound system. I paid cash.

Oooops - just short of 1Million THB for the Isuzu x series. Auto 2WD 4door - comes with leather, special alloys, satnav and an awesome sound system. I paid cash.

Great choice brother! I have the Vcross 4x4  :GoldenSmile1:

New Truck.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived