IGNORED

Nova Platinum Hotel

FatherMojo

I walked through the Nova Platinum hotel during the New Year's holiday and here is a brief report.

http://www.amari.com/novaplatinum/hotels-roomsrates.asp

78 rooms (34 Superior and 44 Deluxe)

Deluxe = pool and garden view.

The hotel is located at the old bowling alley located on Pratamanak Road. Second Road turns into Pratamanak Road just before the left turn towards Jomtiem.

233623-10.jpg

The lobby is spaciously laid out in red and it feels very airy.

233623-11.jpg

233623-12.jpg

There is a restaurant and a pool.

233623-13.jpg

233623-14.jpg

Heading to your room you will be greeted by a hallway. Hmmm... all the doors seem to have the same spacing between each other.

233623-15.jpg

The rooms are nicely laid out, but they are all the same size.... 24sq meters. :D

233623-16.jpg

233623-17.jpg

This is nice hotel, but on the expensive side. Checking their website for 17 Apr to 24 Apr holiday stay, the costs ranged from USD 54 per night to USD 96 per night +10% Service Charge and 7% VAT. :Anger:

So let's say for a 7 night stay you will cough up about 14k~25k Baht. No thank-you.

Even though this place is sparkling new and clean, I cannot recommend it as a good value. Those prices for a 24 square meter room are crazy. There is not even a place to comfortably eat your Phad Thai and watch the telly. :unsure:

FatherMojo

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

Looks like a really nice place. But as you say quite expensive!!I checked dates for Feb-Mar and average rate was $94.00+

FMJ, Thank you for the review seems like a nice hotel but as you say at those price I'll think I will give it a miss too, thanks again.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Is it guest friendly?

I asked that question and the answer is... yes! But I did not ask if you were brining in more than one guest at a time if the same policy applied.

FatherMojo

A new BG asked an experienced BG what was the difference between the Long Con and the Short Con. The experienced BG replied... The Long Con takes longer, but the rewards are far greater.

Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.

Pattaya Hotel Listing: www.bookmyspot.com

Condo / Housing Forum: www.roomdaddy.com Please recommend to your friends living in a condo or village. This could be a good place to stay informed about the happenings where you live.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in the apartments at the back of this new hotel and just in front of the Monaco hotel. I'm surprised anyone wants to live at the NOVA Platinum yet. Why? The big white building to its left, behind the family mart on the corner that used to be a hotel is being torn down with air compressed hammers for most of the day, well when they work that is.

It's noisey even for me in the morning, so what it'd be like living right next door to it, god only knows. They been at it now for the last three months, so its gonna take a lot longer yet to complete. Strange they forget things like that in the brochure. Can only imagine that once its down, another noisey construction will be going up in its place.