IGNORED

New books in town

Daveo

New books in at Cabterbury Tales Bookshop.

book 1

My name is Panrit “Gor” Daoruang, a teenager from Thailand. I used to be called Nattawud, but a monk suggested that I should change my name after a series of bad luck. I don’t think it helped me that much because I am now in a Thai prison. The stories in this book are based on my Thailandlife.com website and my “Gor’s World” column that I wrote for the Bangkok Post when I just 16 years old. You will be able to read about my teenage romance, my High School marriage and the birth of my lovely daughter – though it didn’t quite happen in that order. This is my Thailand life.

Book 2

Olin Powers, world traveler, political savant, and author of Dream Weaver, makes a stunning debut onto the literary scene. With uncanny sensibility, Thailand’s sex trade is placed under an astonishingly focused spotlight. Guileless wanderers to sagacious barons of industry unwillingly crumble before the beguiling charms of the Orients’ unrivaled enchantresses. With tragedy and ruin lurking in the shadows of these fettered souls, the author spins a sensitive tale that captures the daily drama of a subculture touchingly humanized. The reader is served a sensuous feast to be savored with a no-holds-barred riveting portrait of unbridled passion and shattered illusions.

Recipe for Dream Weaver

Franks Evans, New York City orphan, US Marine, CIA Operative, Bangkok drunk, and philanderer, finds himself at a crossroad of life and death.

Johnny Gould, disheartened California dreamer, hard on with a heart, and hopeless romantic, is hurled into a steaming, soul-searching, sexual adventure of a lifetime.

Harry Doughty, happy-go-lucky incorrigible rascal, chases the elusive American Dream, only to find himself spending his GoldenYears pondering a blind jump into improbable romance.

Ansel Bean, privileged nerd, misanthrope, and hapless underdog, attempts to break out of his dull life in London to delve unwittingly into a whirlwind of flesh and mayhem.

Collect the above, add a sundry of stunning Asian temptresses, barons of industry, and intractable washouts, place in a wok, spice heavily with raw libido, fantasy, greed and compassion, stir over open flame and simmer until the reader is served a feast of erotic adventure, delight, passion, illusion, tragedy and ruin.

Book 3

Broken Guts by Anthony Aikman, a retired British doctor living in a Lahu village in northern Chiang Rai.

The book is described as a "rough medical guide for travelers in Thailand and Southeast Asia". it is in an unusual format in that it is handwritten, not typed, but is still easy to read - but that's why it's called a "rough" guide.

It is not just about stomach upsets but every type of medical problem you could face wandering around Thailand, from food poisoning to armpit boils, from jellyfish stings to snake bites. There's even a page on dodgy mushrooms.

It's all written with a sense of humor plus entertaining illustrations and can be found throughout Thailand. It could come in very useful next time you have health problems somewhere out in the boonies.

Book 4

Eric Dent has recently become a divorce statistic, he has also had a couple of unfortunate events that brought him to the notice of his local UK Constabulary, and to top it all, his employer made him redundant. Taking charge of his life, he decides to start afresh in Thailand.

Within 24 hours of arriving in the Kingdom, Eric has an ugly encounter with a Flight Attendant, comes to the attention of the Royal Thai Police, gets involved with an unlicensed taxi driver, makes some new friends, and meets the woman of his dreams.

In retrospect, Eric should have bought himself a sturdy pair of boots, as he has a steep learning curve to climb!

Follow Eric’s misadventures as he meets, and finds himself involved with an array of misfits, weirdoes, drunkards, conmen, braggarts, lady-boys, lesbians, a couple of normal people, and some pretty girls

www.canterburytalescafe.com

Brokenguts.jpg

Learningcurves.jpg

Thailandlife.jpg

Dreamweaver.jpg

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Unless your giving them away free, shouldn't this advert be in the business owners section????

Double Gold Medalist. 2006 Mongering Olympics