Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Immunisation

dbiz

Just a quick question, how far before my trip to LOS do I need to go get my injections a good couple of months?

also are there any immunisations I should ask for that they may not offer?

Thanks for any help :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hi dbiz

I just spoke to my doctor about my trip to thailand. She's recommended some hepatitis vaccination which requires 1 injection, then a second injection a month later, and then finally a final injection 6 months later. She recommended this after I diplomatically explained WHY I'm going to Thailand i.e not to see the temples :D

But obvioulsy best to speak to your doctor.

hope this helps

Hi dbiz

I just spoke to my doctor about my trip to thailand. She's recommended some hepatitis vaccination which requires 1 injection, then a second injection a month later, and then finally a final injection 6 months later. She recommended this after I diplomatically explained WHY I'm going to Thailand i.e not to see the temples :rolleyes:

But obvioulsy best to speak to your doctor.

hope this helps

Yes, but you should also take what your doctor says with a grain of salt...since those trained in Western medicine tend to be scaredy-cats (especially where I come from, the US, land of the super scaredy-cats!!) and overall control freaks. They may tell you you need cholera, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, malaria protection...bullshit. Forget cholera, it's barely effective, and those last three, only if you plan to live in a remote village and fondle soi dogs every day...

In my opinion (and from years of experience living here), the essentials are tetanus (good for 10 years) and hepatitis A (which you can catch from food), also good for 10 years. If you're planning on having sex with the locals--and let's face it, you wouldn't be posting on this board if you weren't!--hepatitis B is also strongly recommended. They now have a combined A and B shot which takes care of you for a decade.

ratchada

I too would highly recommend going to your doctor early so that you can get immunised against Hep A and B. You can get Hep A from eating infected food but this strain is not as bad as either B or even worst C. Hep B can be transmitted during unprotected sex as can Hep C. There is no known immunisation against Hep C.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 6 months later...

IMHO the ones to get are Hep A+B, Typhoid, and Tetanus. Usually you get the Hep A+B on a six month schedule, but you can accelerate that to get all three shots in one month if you are leaving soon. The drawback is that your immunity will not last as long, my doc says to come back in five years instead of ten.