IGNORED

Anyone leaving from US , LAX airport here?

igot2see

Hi All.

I am planning my first trip to Thailand. I am from US, and will depart from LAX airpot (Los Angeles area)

I would like to know when is the season where I can get the cheapest air fare tickets?

What is the lowest price you paid for a non-stop flight?

how many flights hours to Thailand?

any information will be greatly appreciated

How do

When I leave from LA I take Thai Air non stop in a premimum economy 1,500 dollar seat.

Round trip.

Same-same when I leave from NY

Only difference is the JFK-BKK is one hour more.

LAXXX_BKK is 16 1/2 hours.

:22600584-Th:

I flew Eva during high season (departed LAX Jan 4) for just under $900 RT.

Rick

I got a EVA ticket LAX to BKK Nov 18th '06 $774 including everything.

Izi's post just reminded me of a trick I ran into when looking for the best flight deal. Some of the sites show the fares less taxes and fees, which on an international flight can be substantial, over $100. You could find the full cost on all I sites I looked at, but on some, had to dig a bit to get them. If you are doing numerous searches as I was, be careful that you are comparing the full cost at each site.

How do

When I leave from LA I take Thai Air non stop in a premimum economy 1,500 dollar seat.

Round trip.

Same-same when I leave from NY

Only difference is the JFK-BKK is one hour more.

LAXXX_BKK is 16 1/2 hours.

:001_Sawasdee:

Thats what I just paid. Leaving in two weeks :Dance: I also went with the premimum economy. For that long of a flight it just made sence for a little bit more.

Thats what I just paid. Leaving in two weeks :Dance: I also went with the premimum economy. For that long of a flight it just made sence for a little bit more.

Hi,

Just curios, what is a premium economy and plain economy air ticket difference?

Thanks for answering

Hi,

Just curios, what is a premium economy and plain economy air ticket difference?

Thanks for answering

I think it was around $200 If you go on Thai Air's web site and check prices you can see what the difference is. I took the advice from another member to pay the upgrade so I did. This will be my first trip and I hate to sit in an air plane for that many hours. If you go to http://www.seatguru.com/ you can see the differnce in the seats. No business or first but looks better then coach.

• 4 weeks later...

Nice, myself and 2 friends will be leaving in 2 weeks as well (April 1st). Hope to see you there.

Team Conquistador

i am retired here now but before i made the move in 2005 i used to make 2 trips a year here from LAX - i bought miles from people that advertised on Craigs List - You can gernerally buy someones miles from a Star Alliance Carrier - i.e. United Airlines and then these can be used to book a ticket on Thai Airlines - it takes only 60,000 for economy, 90,000 for business and 120,000 miles for free round trip first class - the last two times i flew here i was able to buy 120,000 miles for $1,800 ( 1.5 cents per mile) and i flew in first class - something i would recommend to everyone - the season does not matter so you can fly when you want to come

I went on china air (stop over tiawan) $750 oct/nov. Going back in 5 days same price. best to check thier website as I understand prices have dropped some. good service.21 hrs. total flight time. have a great time!