Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai lessons in Pattaya

LaaMok

Name. Cham

number 0845637959

email [email protected]

5000 baht 20 hours

I started back reading and writing lessons today and I have a new teacher. He is very good at what he does and he's had a total shit life, so I thought I'd promote him a little as he's in bad health and had to quit full time job. Now he cant make ends meet.

He is still fully capable of working and is fully mobile. (57 years old) He shown me his resume and he was out of work for 10 years to look after his brain damaged child that needed 24 hour attention, he looked like he was about to burst into tears when he told me. Anyway his wife ended up divorcing him and taking the house.

Now he is in Pattaya working. It amazed me how enthusiastic he is and excited/happy he is when talking about things. He is a very good teacher because he will keep changing the area that we are covering, today I was learning new slang words...

i.e (sorry i dont have time to write it in Thai right now- but if you need it please ask)

gong (low tone) gong (high tone) means dazey and tipsy

nang gor means katoey

chew chew means relaxed.. easy

gib (high tone) ger (rising tone) means lovely and elegant

If you are interested in lessons in Pattaya then give him a shout, they have an office or you can use his room (better)

• Like 1

i missed one

geck (high tone) maan (mid tone) means acting like a man but is usually an arsehole

Yes he is great teacher and a very nice guy, i would recommend him also as he's been teaching me for a little over a month now.

Maybe i might start learning some slang words, as i have a lesson tomorrow...

"Talk to Jesus"

Where is he based (office) guys?

Adam

He can meet you at his (pattaya thai)

or the office which is next door to BB-lets

or he will travel to you, if you pay for his expenses

Will definitely use him Bryan. It will pass the time, and also help someone out. 5k for 2O hours sounds great.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

• 2 weeks later...

something to think about when i get over there for long time.

but first i gone try to learn from my girl.

if that dont work il use him.

Personally, I would recommend learning from a teacher or from a properly structured Thai Course with Cd's or tapes rather than from your TG. A lot of the girls have local accents and most of them don't speak English well enough to explain the subtleties of the Thai language. Better to start off on the right track and build some solid foundations IME, you will be glad for it in the future. Good luck however you decide to go about it.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

:beer9: does he do broken 20hrs as I am in thailand 4 times a year for around a month at a time, and wouldn't be able to fit in 20hrs in 1 stay. :wacko:

:c45ec00b: does he do broken 20hrs as I am in thailand 4 times a year for around a month at a time, and wouldn't be able to fit in 20hrs in 1 stay. :)

yes i cant see why not. Or you can just pay per hour but it may work out more

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally, I would recommend learning from a teacher or from a properly structured Thai Course with Cd's or tapes rather than from your TG. A lot of the girls have local accents and most of them don't speak English well enough to explain the subtleties of the Thai language. Better to start off on the right track and build some solid foundations IME, you will be glad for it in the future. Good luck however you decide to go about it.

Yes 100%

Bob - learning from a girl is not a good idea for several reasons. Unless her English is good it will be a nightmare and there is a high chance you will be learning Isaan or even Laos and not pure Thai. If you are looking to use it to converse with BGs then its fine but if you want to move on living here its a bad start.

I am only saying this as I know you are moving here. Getting it "wrong" in the early days makes it harder to undo later on. It can create bad habits; like learning to drive from a bad driver.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 3 weeks later...
Yes 100%

Bob - learning from a girl is not a good idea for several reasons. Unless her English is good it will be a nightmare and there is a high chance you will be learning Isaan or even Laos and not pure Thai. If you are looking to use it to converse with BGs then its fine but if you want to move on living here its a bad start.

I am only saying this as I know you are moving here. Getting it "wrong" in the early days makes it harder to undo later on. It can create bad habits; like learning to drive from a bad driver.

Hi new here but have to agree, i started learnig from a GF, but she had such great tits that i couldn't concentrate.( damm you silicon ) plus Thai girls get bored easy and want to eat ,sleep or shag a any given moment . 5k for 20 hours sound good to me , thats three things tickd off my list so far, cheers all. great site.

I highly recommend the AUA Language Institute in Nakula around the Dolphin Roundabout , they use the immersion technique and you are basically speaking Thai right off the bat.

• 8 months later...

Sawasdee kap. Anyone have any updates on learning Thai from a decent Thai teacher in Pattaya? I hope to be over end Jan 09 for a while and am looking to keep my learing going.

Kop kuhn kap.

Thanks for this laamok I will give him a call. What are the session lengths (1,2 hour?)

Thanks

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

• 5 months later...
I will give him a go

I also want to get some Thailessons in Pattaya.

Can you guys give me some recemondations ?

Is the Prince of Wales language learning center still alive ?

I do appreciate it much

Someone here who has a good listening cd?

Would like to try that way.

I highly recommend the AUA Language Institute in Nakula around the Dolphin Roundabout , they use the immersion technique and you are basically speaking Thai right off the bat.

thanks for this...going for several weeks this summer and i think i would prefer a more structured experience..immersion makes sense to me...will give it a go...have to google em and see what comes up.

Cheers, alex

Sawasdee kap. Anyone have any updates on learning Thai from a decent Thai teacher in Pattaya? I hope to be over end Jan 09 for a while and am looking to keep my learing going.

Kop kuhn kap.

shirker i know your new here but if you read the post then that will give you your answer.by the way welcome to the board fred....

hope its ok to add this to the mix for those that might want a classroom experience:

FROM THE AUA WEBSITE,

http://www.auathailand.org/pattaya/teaching.asp

— AUA Pattaya is situated in the Pattaya Bazaar shopping mall, at the Dolphin roundabout, north Pattaya. Close to the Amari and Dusit Resorts, the City Hall and a few minutes walk from the beach. The school is unusual, for AUA, in that it is not located within an educational establishment. It is free standing and draws students, mainly, from the local hotel and leisure sectors. The school’s local partner is Burapha University [which is in Bang Saen, some 40 kilometers north. AUA Bang Saen is situated inside this university].

The school has a resident manager, five full time and one part time English teacher and two part time Thai teachers. There are also three Thai support staff. In addition the school utilizes staff at Burapha University for such areas as marketing and accounting. Classes are daily, except Friday and Saturday, and run from 11.30 am through to 9pm. English lessons are mainly from 5pm onwards. Students either study every day – Monday to Thursday – or two days per week: Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday. The school follows the same 6 week terms as Rajadamri school in Bangkok [seven each year]. The Sunday term has students studying 3 hours for 10 weeks.

In term 1 2004 the school had just over 300 students. Most classes are at the lower level of AUA’s curriculum [intro A to level 4]; though some students do continue through to graduation at level 15. The school has attracted over 600 new students each year – over the last 5 years - mainly by word-of-mouth recommendation from friends and family. Our motto is “have fun while you learn”.

We have Thai language instruction with teachers who speak both English and German; although Thai is used as much as possible. Classes consist of various levels from beginner to upper intermediate and cover speaking & listening or reading & writing.

36 hours tuition costs ฿ 3,900 + books

Time: Lessons start from 9 till 5 pm - detailed schedules are posted 2 weeks prior to the start of each term.

Term Thai Course Dates - always start on Monday & finish on Thursday

1 January 8 - February 15

2 February 26 - April 5

3 April 23 - May 31

4 June 11 - July 19

5 July 30 - September 6

6 September 17 - October 25

7 November 5 - December 13

For further details please telephone 038 414634/5 during office hours or e-mail: [email protected] ,http://aua.buu.ac.th , www.auathailand.org

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

Kop kuhn kap.

I do appreciate it much

Name. Cham

number 086-1506793

email [email protected]

5000 baht 20 hours

I do appreciate it much

I went to the prince of wales place, its a great place, I laughed so hard, when they told me the price.

why is that people place so much emphasis on lessons? i can see why obviously but often people think having a teacher is the only way, when there is lots and lots of resources online, in books and audio.

Edited by herds