Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Residence Certificate - Procuring

brutox

I am preparing to apply for a Thai driver's licence and need to procure a Residence Certificate to authenticate my place of residence here.

My question ... have any members procured same day service from Royal Thai Immigration's Pattaya office for a Residence Certificate? If not, how fast do they deliver it?  Have any of you an opinion if the Pattaya office would process a Residence Certificate for a BKK resident?

My dilema ... I live in BKK, so went to the Royal Thai Immigration office in Chaeng Wattana and submitted the application with copies of:

(i)   Passport;

(ii)   Retirement visa;

(iii)   Arrival card; and,

(iv)  THB 100 per Residence Certificate. 

Curiously, they required from me no picture, or lease agreement, or land title deed, as other forum members have cited.

My irritaion is that they would not issue the Residence Certificate while I was there, but will mail it to me in 2-3 weeks.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Got mine same day in pattaya, had to show copy of lease, think picture but not 100%

. After you get it go for your driving licence straight away, the residency certificate only lasts a short time, maybe a month or to the end of the month, mine expired and had to get another one to get my DL

I am preparing to apply for a Thai driver's licence and need to procure a Residence Certificate to authenticate my place of residence here.

My question ... have any members procured same day service from Royal Thai Immigration's Pattaya office for a Residence Certificate? If not, how fast do they deliver it?  Have any of you an opinion if the Pattaya office would process a Residence Certificate for a BKK resident?

My dilema ... I live in BKK, so went to the Royal Thai Immigration office in Chaeng Wattana and submitted the application with copies of:

(i)   Passport;

(ii)   Retirement visa;

(iii)   Arrival card; and,

(iv)  THB 100 per Residence Certificate. 

Curiously, they required from me no picture, or lease agreement, or land title deed, as other forum members have cited.

My irritaion is that they would not issue the Residence Certificate while I was there, but will mail it to me in 2-3 weeks.

Brutox, Patts Immigration as enterprise said will give same day

What you are saying there is something wrong mate I would go back in to the Immigration, they cannot give a residence certificate without  your photo on it? or something showing were you stay.

Sounds like a fobbing off exercise I would go back and just check or just do a new application

Unfortunately in Patts they will not do for a BKK address mate.

Posted Image

Brutox, Patts Immigration as enterprise said will give same day

What you are saying there is something wrong mate I would go back in to the Immigration, they cannot give a residence certificate without  your photo on it? or something showing were you stay.

Sounds like a fobbing off exercise I would go back and just check or just do a new application

Unfortunately in Patts they will not do for a BKK address mate.

... I hear what you are saying key visa (the fobbing off part) ... who knows ... this might be one of those infamous arbitrary bureaucratic field decisions that give different offices of the same government department different procedures, which defy all common senses and confound even the most attentive intellects.

... the Immigration officer who took my application explained that it would take 2-3 weeks for the Immigration officer to verify that I did live at this address ... I am hoping the explanation is that Pattaya Immigration hasn't the resources that BKK has, and that Pattaya issues Residence Certificates based on a rental contract, or a property title deed ... and that BKK Immigration's different procedures might be the explanation.

... all I can do is go along for the ride ... fighting Thai bureacracy is near hopeless ... temporarily retarding our brains to their intellectual levels to try rationalizing what in the world they are thinking is very risky ... jeez ... what if our brains get stuck like that?

... still, thanks for the advice.

... but ... wait a minute key visa ... do Residence Certificates have the resident's photo on them?

... the Residence Certificate process complete ... here it is:

... first ... I applied in BKK at the Immigration office in Chaeng Wattana ... as many here have experienced, different offices of the same Thai department often have their own unique processes ... members posted above describe a different process for procuring this same document from the Immigration office in Pattaya.

... all-in (waiting and processing), the application took maybe 45 minutes ... by-passed the bazilion farang there for visa processing and 90-day reporting, and was sent to the section that processes visa extensions ... the signs there say nothing about processing Residence Certificates, so don't panic ... this is the queue where the bureaucratic magic happens.

... the application is a single page and really requires only the street address where you live, plus the standard passport of visa information ... I came loaded with everything, but the Immigration officer was only interested in copies of:

(i)  Passport;

(ii)  Retirement visa; and,

(iii)   Arrival card. Plus,

(iv)  THB 100 per Residence Certificate.

[note: no photographs of me were required, nor copies of home title deeds, or rental contracts, as I read elsewhere on the forum and the Internet ... the cost was THB 100/certificate, as opposed to the THB 200-500 I read elsewhere.]

... Immigration would not issue the Residence Certificates while I was there, but said it would be mailed to me in 2-3 weeks ... I received the certificates after only 3 days.

... first ... I applied in BKK at the Immigration office in Chaeng Wattana ... as many here have experienced, different offices of the same Thai department often have their own unique processes ... members posted above describe a different process for procuring this same document from the Immigration office in Pattaya.

... all-in (waiting and processing), the application took maybe 45 minutes ... by-passed the bazilion farang there for visa processing and 90-day reporting, and was sent to the section that processes visa extensions ... the signs there say nothing about processing Residence Certificates, so don't panic ... this is the queue where the bureaucratic magic happens.

... the application is a single page and really requires only the street address where you live, plus the standard passport of visa information ... I came loaded with everything, but the Immigration officer was only interested in copies of:

(i)  Passport;

[note: no photographs of me were required, nor copies of home title deeds, or rental contracts, as I read elsewhere on the forum and the Internet ... the cost was THB 100/certificate, as opposed to the THB 200-500 I read elsewhere.]

... Immigration would not issue the Residence Certificates while I was there, but said it would be mailed to me in 2-3 weeks ... I received the certificates after only 3 days.

So your saying your residence certificate had a photo on or not?? from BKK

Posted Image

(i)  Passport;

So your saying your residence certificate had a photo on or not?? from BKK

... key visa thailand ... my Residence Certificate has no photo ... issued by Immigration at Chaeng Wattana for my BKK residence.

... has the Thai bureacracy once again demonstrated themselves arbitrary and inconsistent? ... they are processing differently in Pattaya?

Definitely need a photo when you apply in Pattaya, copy of retal agreement. Mate went this week and he said they have put the fee up to 300 baht.

Bangkok must be different.

Question can you get one if your only staying in a hotel or do you need some sort of rental agreement or proof of ownership for a propety.

All thing seems like another scam to get a few more baht out of the visitors. iWhat are the reasons you need one?, i only get one to obtain driving licience, do you need 2 if you get car and bike licience at same time?. Are there other reasons to get one?.

Think they are only valid for a month 

Definitely need a photo when you apply in Pattaya, copy of retal agreement. Mate went this week and he said they have put the fee up to 300 baht.

Bangkok must be different.

Question can you get one if your only staying in a hotel or do you need some sort of rental agreement or proof of ownership for a propety.

All thing seems like another scam to get a few more baht out of the visitors. iWhat are the reasons you need one?, i only get one to obtain driving licience, do you need 2 if you get car and bike licience at same time?. Are there other reasons to get one?.

Think they are only valid for a month 

I believe the same one will sufficed for bike and car licence as I'm sure they don't take it off you when you apply.  It's your certificate so they probably just want to see it or take a photo copy or the unique number.

The other one thing I know that you need one for is if you buy a car or motorbike and want to get it transferred into your own name.  I know this as I went into a few dealers as I'm looking into buying a new bike and they all said I needed this to register/buy a new bike.  Also, second hand to transfer the vehicle into your name.

Archived