IGNORED

Do you book more than one hotel....?

satyr

When planning your trip do you ever book more than one hotel; then cancel the one you don't want just before your trip?

I tend to book a guesthouse for the first two, three days only since you never now if they have construction work going on in the soi. It's not really necessary to book beforehand but after a long flight it's nice not to have to go shop for a room on arrival.

Booking 2 rooms just to cancal one seems a bit unfair to me. Ofcourse, if they are big hotels and not small family run GH's, who cares.

no. i normally just stay at the place i want. if i dont like it i go else where after a day or 2. 

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Not exactly.  Why would I book a second place if I didn't want it anyway?  What usually happens for me is that I book a place and, as time goes on, I find something I like better or read something that causes me to change my mind

In that case, I'll book the new one, then cancel the old one once it's confirmed.

My next trip is for a month just before Christmas, and I have bookings at five different hotels, though the dates do not overlap. That way, worst case, I'm not stuck at any one place very long. The hotels are scattered from one end of the loop to the other, and in areas where I want to spend some time.

Except for the first place, which is only a few nights, it means I can check everything out prior to the check-in date, and make changes when needed.  I don't mind moving around, and rather like doing so.  I don't bring much, so it's easy to do.

I mostly use Agoda & Booking.com, and only do bookings that may be cancelled without penalty.  The reasons for setting everything up in advance are: the hope of getting better rates, and one less thing to deal with later.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,

Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

"The Mourning Bride", William Congreve, 1697

No never that is just IMO being a Cnut about things.

I do however book more than one hotel and move around

Ghosty

No I just book one of the hotels I've stayed at before.

I can't be bothered changing hotels once I'm there.

Robw

I stay at the same hotel for the duration of my stay,i just cant be arsed faffing about moving hotels once im settled,if you like the place you're staying whats the point.

No I just book one of the hotels I've stayed at before.

I can't be bothered changing hotels once I'm there.

Same same

When I find a decent hotel in an area I want to stay in

I normally stick to the same hotel

Once the staff get to know you

In my opinion u get better service

Home from home

When planning your trip do you ever book more than one hotel; then cancel the one you don't want just before your trip?

Ever consider what kind of hassel this gives to the hotel?

This is exactly why most hotels ask for a deposit.

Same same

Home from home

Agree with you mate.

Robw

Same same

Home from home

Agree.  Though I do have a couple that I rotate, depending on which area I feel like staying in for that particular trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever consider what kind of hassel this gives to the hotel?

This is exactly why most hotels ask for a deposit.

......and very understandable too in certain cases.

when I came for 1 or 2 weeks, I stay in the same place.

I do prefer condo even for short stay,with a big swimming pool.

this time in November, I choosed 2 different places Soi Bukkhao for 1 week and 3 weeks in Jomtiem,

I choosed condo,with swimming pool,fitness center,tennis court, cause I am not coming for girl only)

first part, short time with girls, and second part some short time and look for long time (4 days with the same lady).

test girl for short time and ask long time next meeting,

some Lady gave me their phone number, if I want to see her again.

it is occasion to test what is the best area for each person,with some good point and bad point, (specially if we have plan to buy condo)

Serious question, "cancel the one you dont want" what is the point of this, if you dont want to stay there why do you book it.

When I opened this thread I thought it would be about booking one very nice but non girl friendly hotel to stay in and the other to use just for "activities".

I was very obviously mistaken.

In answer to the actual question, no.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Perhaps the OP could come back & tell us why he does this.

Seems completely pointless & a waste of time

Perhaps the OP could come back & tell us why he does this.

Seems completely pointless & a waste of time

I do not and have not done this.

I was just asking if anyone has done it. For example, if there was a hotel you wanted to stay at and book months in advance; But there was construction in the area and you wanted to see how that plays out. So maybe when the time comes to go on your trip, if the construction is completed you keep the reservation, but if there is still construction or noise you cancel, etc. Then you still have your second choice hotel still on reserve.

I always reserve a few hotels which have no penalties for cancellation. My reasons are a,I can't decide on the hotel I prefer, b, if a better deal comes along, which often does, even if it's the same hotel, I can then book again c, some BM has problems with the hotel, mention construction happening nearby or other negative points.

Currently there is an unbelievable offer at a highly recommended 5* BKK hotel for my dates but it's non refundable, so it's looking like I will book and finalise my choice of hotel. Well, at least for my BKK leg of vacation

Archived