Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Private Car hire Bangkok

Jacklaw

I am looking for a private car and driver for a day in Bangkok? I don't like the tour bus thing, so I want to use a private service to take us around to the local attractions. I would appreciate any recommendations and approx cost. Thanks

Its easy to just ask a load of yellow taxis and negotiate a price IMO

The problem with private drivers is the pressure they'll put on you to eat at restaurants where they get a kick back, jewelry stores, etc. It's a lot more enjoyable to plan your own trip and use the metro or take taxis as needed. I've used private drivers a few times in the past and always lived to regret it. The city isn't that big and it's pretty easy to decide what you would like to see and do and how to get there.

I usually get my hotel to get me a taxi that has some english. Then i use google translate and maps to point to where I want to go. On average, if you say in advance, you can have a taxi all day for less than 2000 Baht. I usually tip the driver and offer food at any place that I eat.

If you show that you are not just being a CC and that you are interested in a few different places, then they will look after you..

Alternatively. Take the previous nights LT with you, get her to arrange it.

Please check out http://www.thaicalltaxi.com. The prices are reasonable, the drivers are professional and the cars are new. They have never showed up late and they have never tried to take me anywhere I did not want to go. I have used them to travel to Pattaya, Hua Hin, and around Bangkok and found that they are one of the best. And you can book your car online.

Archived