IGNORED

keegan back at newcastle

willis

keegan is back and the best of luck to him,i think shearer could learn some good coaching and managerial techniques from keegan and maybe take over in near future,but to get some sort of humour into shearers personality they shuold give gazza a job. i remember when gazza booked a course of sun-bed sessions for tony cunningham, his toon team mate.(tony's as black as coal). remember when gazza was asked by norwegian t.v crew if he had message for norway opponents and he repled"fuck off norway"and trotted off.if nohing else gazza could be the man to talk to the media and once again they could claim to be the entertainers as they were last time keegan was boss. :Evil_Grin2:

He will run and hide agian, after a few setbacks. Failed before everywhere he has been, won nothing as a manager.

He will run and hide agian, after a few setbacks. Failed before everywhere he has been, won nothing as a manager.

i could have swore he won the old second divison then the first division with the mighty toon and finished 2nd in the prem then 4th then 3rd then 6th europe every time !!!!!!!!!! get your facts right before you post silly coments !!! have you ever seen a football match you fucking numpty and you spell it again not agian

Edited by rcolinr

i could have swore he won the old second divison then the first division with the mighty toon and finished 2nd in the prem then 4th then 3rd then 6th europe every time !!!!!!!!!! get your facts right before you post silly coments !!! have you ever seen a football match you fucking numpty and you spell it again not agian

He did indeed, second division with Fulham, laid the foundations for them to become a premiership club. I'm excited, I think he can at least make us entertaining again. I'm glad it's not another frustrating, boring manager.

You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Sometimes easier said than done ~ Me and everyone I know

He will run and hide agian, after a few setbacks.

Agree on that one :LMAO1:

Failed before everywhere he has been

Newcastle, Man City & England ended in failure. Fulham didn't.

won nothing as a manager.

To be fair, Keegan has had his success's:-

1993: Newcastle promoted to Premiership as Division One champions. Keegan named Division One manager of the season.

1999: Guided Fulham to Division Two championship.

2002: Man City win the old Division One in Keegan's first season at the club, his side scoring 108 goals and finishing the season with 99 points.

shearer could learn some good coaching and managerial techniques from keegan and maybe take over in near future,

He could have picked a better Tutor then :LMAO1:

Keegan is not reknown for being tactically astute. He is mocked as being a "High on passion low on tactics" sort of manager.

He could have picked a better Tutor then :LMAO1:

Keegan is not reknown for being tactically astute. He is mocked as being a "High on passion low on tactics" sort of manager.

Mocked by morons, you don't finish 2nd in the top flight and concede just 2 more goals than the champions by being tactically unaware.

You must be the change you want to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Sometimes easier said than done ~ Me and everyone I know

As a Liverpool fan and a qualified coach,i'm glad he's back,6 easy points for the reds again each season.As for the comments about winning nothing i agree,just shows how fickle you Geordies are when you count the old 2nd division as winning something.If i remember the same team finished 2nd in the Premier League the season after so how good was the 2nd division.Yes he did it 3 times but all with the same end result,up against the big boys and when the going got tough he couldn't handle it,2nd or last in pro footie is the same,no where!!

Yes he is a bottler too,England!!! The best players in the country to choose from!!

Good luck and in 2 seasons when you are in the same position and still haven't won anything for 40 years,those self same soothsayers will be asking for his head.

Yet another day at the office for N.U.F.C.,big stadium doesn't make a big club

Laughing stock springs to my mind.

I have a feeling that it is all going to end in tears.

A Puritan is someone who is deathly afraid that someone, somewhere, is having fun.

I have a feeling that it is all going to end in tears.

Tears, Tears and more Tears....'I'LL LOVE IT, I'LL LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM'!!!

Shame he didn't! :D

Kev is a god in Newcastle and rightly so...

Even if you don`t support NUFC but are a footie fan you should remember that Kev and team were know as the entertainers as every match played would be sure to have plenty of goals.

Just hope that it will be the same this time around.

Poor old fans a little way south of Newcastle (won`t lower myself to say the name :Clap7: ). They were all very quiet were I work today.

King Kev.........hurrah........

As I said he has won nothing of any importance and will fail at Newcastle, will spend loads of money as usual, then run away. You need to face facts, Newcastle are a mid table team at best now and always will be, there is nothing wrong in that, but you need to except it and stop dreaming.

Yes, I have been to a football match, in fact over 600 in London.

Time will tell with Keegan, but see where he is in 2 years.

all the plastic geordies who have only seen them on tv had there shirts on again today at work,arseholes

Mocked by morons, you don't finish 2nd in the top flight and concede just 2 more goals than the champions by being tactically unaware.

The tactically unaware can finish 2nd in the top flight when they're being bankrolled by Sir John Hall's millions.

Keegan was handed a massive financial advantage in that period and put together a decent cheque book team. Dalglish had the same advantage at Blackburn and won the championship. That was a different era back then and there wasn't the vast amount of sponsorship money in the game or foreign owners pumping in vast amounts as happens now. It's a different ball game now as Keegan will find out. :Clap7:

As Andy Gray pointed out.....

"This is a man who walked away from the England job admitting he was not up to the task and then was given £50m-plus to spend at Manchester City and did very little of note. This is also a man who has not watched a live game for over three years"

"it's a dangerous business going back to an old club and risking your legendary status as we saw with Glenn Hoddle at Tottenham and Howard Kendall's diminishing returns at Everton. I tried it myself at Villa and found it hard to succeed under that kind of pressure. I really do wish him well but I can't help wondering whether this is just a quick-fix solution and he might find that eventually he's in way over his head"

Edited by gambler

There must be at least one dissenting voice amongst the beer bellied penguins.

Or would it be tantamount to blasphemy ?

I would like to hear of a Newcastle fan that has misgivings, there must be one.

A Puritan is someone who is deathly afraid that someone, somewhere, is having fun.

• 2 weeks later...

If no-one had misgivings about King Kev surely they will now that he's taken on the odious Dennis Wise.

No ?

"...Amen Brother ..."

If no-one had misgivings about King Kev surely they will now that he's taken on the odious Dennis Wise.

No ?

:):GoldenSmile1:

"no romance without finance"

all the plastic geordies who have only seen them on tv had there shirts on again today at work,arseholes

yea and usually have it on for the rest of the week, specially on holiday :)

"no romance without finance"

Its going to end in tears, Shearer turned Keegan down, now the little arse Wise has turned up.

Keegans bottom lip was quivering on Sky interview after Gunners made them look like relegation fodder.

So manager Keegan, who is not on the board of directors, is necessarily answerable to director Wise, who is on the board of directors.

We all know that Keegan doesn't like not being top dog and definitely wont like working for someone who used to work for him (when England manager), especially on the football side of things.

Just maybe Mort was against appointing Keegan all the time, and it was imposed on him by Ashley, as being a fans favourite. As a consequence he's now setting up his alternative structure, ready for Keegan to fail, and helping him on the way by making him feel undermined.

This is fascinating stuff and I wonder what the next episode will bring forth regarding the second coming of the messiah!

http://www.dangerhere.com/issues/issue8-23...of%20keegan.htm

• 4 weeks later...