Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

News Forum

HappyGuy99

So how are things going with you guys that play the market's?

Question i have is:

If our markets are taking a big knocking especially housing.

The ammount of Bht we get to the £ & $ is getting less.

Surley this must be forcing a Big Downward trend in Thai property:

So the Thai property market must be starting to feel the effects of this;

Are properties in Thai get Cheaper?

I am not an expert, but have spent some time day trading. I worry the US economy is heading for a major, that it cataclysmic collapse. The level of debt in the country as a whole, the policies of current administration (not millions, not billions, but trillions of dollars spent on Iraq war alone) are taking their toll. The level of individual debt is mind boggling. It appears the "smartest guys in the room" have taken everyone for about as much as they can. There is not much left. But hey I could be wrong. :P

i am sorry to say that i think you couldn't be more right friend... while i have been living here in Thailand for near the last 7 years, i work over the internet and near half of my business is paid in USD, so i have felt the sagging dollar all too well living over here. the sad thing is that many of those living in the states seem to be insulated from just how bad the situation really is. i can only consider myself lucky that i sold the only property i owned back in the states back in 2006 so i didn't get caught in the 'bubble' fallout, but the economic situation is indeed dire, and i feel it all too well considering i have family back there that i worry about greatly.

the american middle-class is growing smaller and smaller, w/ the greater portion of those who once were middle-class having to fight harder and harder to remain in a comfort zone... someone mentioned that perhaps things would be on the upswing after the next regime change, but to be honest at this point i am sad to say that i think it hardly matters at this point. whoever takes the reins is going to find themselves handed the proverbial 'tar baby' and it will take a *long* time to recover from the current situation... it is unreal the amount of debt the average american is carrying around these days, i bet beggars in Phnom Penh fall asleep easier at night. amazingly it just an accepted state to most in the states now to amass huge debt and scrape through each month while paying out huge amounts of interest to the lenders. the government should do something about this situation... oh, wait... sorry, nm. they have been borrowing through the nose too, slipped my mind..

:(