News Forum

HappyGuy99

With the stock markets crashing and Pound and Doller losing value;

How is this going to effect Pattaya;

Guys out in Pattaya drawing Pensions that are losing value day by day;

Intrest rates not paying much cash up;

Tourist facing higher air fairs and may be losing their jobs;

2008 IS LOOKING PRETTY DISMAL;

Anyone have good back up plans they wish to share? Other than finding your self a Rich lady;

:D

Its looking like its knackered my plans on retiring out in Pattaya

Go in to debt recovery and the funeral business

I took out all my funds yesterday - saw all my profit from the last year going up in smoke ffs!

Falling stock values makes for attractive buys, and devalued currency makes for strong export orders which improves those values. No need to panic just yet!

Be scene and not herd.

Dollar has dropped 40%..Pound not too far behind..The Baht is as strong as ever but for how long?

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Well, being in the Financial Industry and having a number of clients who I am managing their money:

1. More time I spend during my 2nd trip in Thailand, the less I'll be at the office worrying about my clients accts.

2. Yes, my funds are going down, but too are my clients and they have way more money than I have so they've lost more than me! !

3. Althought the USD has been falling, it has been a good thing because....

instead of my old college buddies heading back out to Europe on their bi-annual Euro trip...they'll be coming to Thailand in November this year.

so that means more than 1 Thailand trip for me this year!

4. I'm going to tell my Thail girlfriends that due to the recession, I'll be needing a discount/price break...

..I'm quite sure they'll be more than willing to lower rates ! ! !

Aki

I do think once there is a change of goverment in USA an UK things may start to improve,

Hopfuly;

:Evil_Grin2:

If things really get that bad, some of you could consider pimping yourself out on Walking Street later on at night with the rest of the lady boys.

...a really good survey would be: if you could move and live in Thailand from now on, but you had to work on Walking Street 1 day a month? would you do it?

Aki

4. I'm going to tell my Thail girlfriends that due to the recession, I'll be needing a discount/price break...

..I'm quite sure they'll be more than willing to lower rates ! ! !

Aki

I'd like to see you explain that to them... :Evil_Grin2:

Yes it looks pretty bleak for the US economy this year and that is affecting many other countries. Just remember you only lose money if you sell for less than you bought. If your in it long term then now looks like a good time to buy.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

This is something I am interested in because last year my contract paid me in Pounds but when I was extended for one more year the company I work for insisted that I be paid in Norwegian Krone...I wonder if I will gain??....Pay day tomorrow!! :Evil_Grin2:

In September I noted gold had hit $666 an oz! Easy number to remember and today it hit $914! Almost 40% increase in 4 months.Going to effect all those suckers who take their TGs to the gold shop after knowing them only day or two :LMAO1:

The capitalist system runs on the up and down cycle hopefully this bust will be quick and not like the one in the nineties.

But if you have bi to let sell up quickly as people struggling to pay there mortgages will opt to rent out there properties rather than go bust, this will bringing down rental income

And as jobs disappear so will immigrant labour, vacating rental properties as they go

if you,ve got shares don,t panic and ride it out,always work for me.

I expect things to get a lot worse in 2008 before they get better as markets are irrational and tend to swing too far in one direction before they correct themselves.

This bull run has being running since mid 2003 and ran out of legs early on last year. No bull run lasts forever and all my funds have been sitting as cash, gathering dust (and interest) for all of last year.

Keep on selling boys!

I'm way ahead this year because:

1. I've been buying gold for the last 3 years and some of the coins that I paid $700 US for I can now sell for $1700, not that I intend to sell them.

2. This trip I bought a Baht of gold necklace the first week I was here, and one every week for the past 4 weeks. By the 4th week, I could sell the first necklace for 700 more Baht than I paid...I'm holding it, of course for my next trip, when Gold should top 20000B or MORE.

3. A couple of months ago, I bought a short fund on Rydex funds, rydexfunds.com and now it's up over 20% so I'm happy with that. When I bought it, the Dow went UP, and I lost and now that it's dropping, I'm winning... It's something I did for safety to preserve capital.

4. My gold mining stocks and an Oil fund I invested in VGENX are up but not as much as Gold is up...

5. My other losing stocks I'm hanging on to for the turnaround which will come in a year or so, maybe two, but I'm patient.

I think the main thing is to know that you play the market down through these funds as well as playing it up through funds.

I'm going to buy a short China fund today, because I think that market is going to tank to some degree..

All the best,

jH

TO add to the above post, it looks like I'll make 3.6% on my money today in the Dow short fund X2!

If today's totals hold...

All the best,

jH

Make that 4.92% in one day.

Of course I could lose that in one day, too. But that is not likely with the current financial situation. It looks like this is going to be a LONG downward run.

All the best,

jH

Thanks J H,

You seem to know what your doing;

Hope your investments work out for you:

I am looking to take early retirement in the back end of 2009;

I am just wondering how this downward turn is going to effect my pension?

I am also wondering if i have left selling my house to late?

Trying to gear upto my move to Thai:

Any help and guidence appreciated:

:)

I am not an expert, but have spent some time day trading. I worry the US economy is heading for a major, that it cataclysmic collapse. The level of debt in the country as a whole, the policies of current administration (not millions, not billions, but trillions of dollars spent on Iraq war alone) are taking their toll. The level of individual debt is mind boggling. It appears the "smartest guys in the room" have taken everyone for about as much as they can. There is not much left. But hey I could be wrong. :Drink4:

Today (Tues 22 Jan 08)

Markets still on the downward trend;

:Good_Post:

Today (Tues 22 Jan 08)

Markets still on the downward trend;

:CatDance1:

us cut interest rates today should be good for the pound.i think the us will do anything in there power to stop a bear market.

same think ...people sells and increase the sellers...

so wait ( if you don't need money ) and one day market will get back up !!!

and ws will shine!!

I believe the EURO is holding its own at the moment is this true?????????????????????

ARE YOU GOING TO BARK ALL DAY LITTLE DOGGY OR ARE YOU GOING TO BITE

Countdown Clocks

i think the price of oil came down atouch i think the markets would get a bit of a boost and help the rest of the world markets.

I do think once there is a change of goverment in USA an UK things may start to improve,

Hopfuly;

:)

Don't bet your house on it! If you know anything about (American) politics; things may apear shiney and new but peel away the first layer of the onion and your eyes may begin to water just like they did with the last one! Remember, even the best roller costers has some "dull" moments and most have a big finale so, party on :D and don't worry be happy :D .