IGNORED

Etihad Exit Seat Promotion

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

Received new email today from Etihad Airways with new pay extra for good exit seats.

We are pleased to inform you about our new offering that allows you to experience even more comfort in our Coral Economy Class.

For a small fee, you can now reserve an exit row seat that guarantees you extra legroom in Coral Economy Class*.

Available on a first-come first-served basis, you can pre-reserve your exit row seat as part of a new booking made on etihad.com, through our Global Contact Center or our Retail Shops. It can also be added to existing bookings via our Global Contact Centre.

This new service is available on all Etihad operated flights. Charges to book the exit row seat vary by segment and start at £16. Only limited seats available. So, book fast and reserve your exit row seat now!

To be eligible to purchase an exit row seat: 
You should be 18 years and above.
• You should be willing to help in case of an emergency.
• You should be healthy and should be able to speak English. 

*Terms and conditions apply. This offer is available only on Etihad Airways operated flights. Limited seats available. Fares vary by segment and are offered only to guests who are 18 years and above. In case of changes to the existing booking, exit row reservation can be carried forward, subject to availability. This offer is not available for parents travelling with children or infants.

Another Airline making Monies for very little and at check-in you could still be refused as too fat drunk or any number of reasons 555

So you are responsible for opening the doors in an emergency therefore technically making you responsible for countless others on the plane, but they charge you more money? They should be ashamed of themselves.

So you are responsible for opening the doors in an emergency therefore technically making you responsible for countless others on the plane, but they charge you more money? They should be ashamed of themselves.

Part of the deal for sitting in any exit row seat....  Not sure responsible is the right word.... but they do ask if you are willing to help if needed....  I have seen pax removed from exit row seats for being unwilling to help.... as they should be.

I completely understand that it is just part of the deal when you sit there, but to charge somebody more money to do so I feel is ludicrous. It's not as if the customer is sitting in first class, hell, isn't even business class! It's just another way for a company to nickle and dime you.

I completely understand that it is just part of the deal when you sit there, but to charge somebody more money to do so I feel is ludicrous. It's not as if the customer is sitting in first class, hell, isn't even business class! It's just another way for a company to nickle and dime you.

Sadly, that is the way it is these days with airlines.....Some far worse than others.... They want to charge for everything....

Lots of Airlines I have used, charge for exit row seats, usually the el cheapo mobs.....  I guess it is just a sign of the times

Whats the rule about getting drunk at an exit seat,if any?

You also have in mind that the seats next to the exit rows in the middle are classed as Bassinet seats. These are the seats that they put families with young kids, So your paying extra to be closer to a screaming brat for 6 hours....

Be well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

if in emergancy evac, you need to be able to get out quick..etc so it would be bad to be pissed

what they dont mention is the crap tv screen you get there

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I often travel in the “exit row” seats because they give me extra belly room. Its a touch embarassing to put down the tray and it only goes 3/4 of the way down. With this admission there are a few things to be careful of.

• The seats with the tray in the armrests are narrower. Makes sense if you think about it. 
  • If the exit row is behind you then your seat may not recline. A seven hour flight sitting up right is no fun.
  • Some exit rows have vinyl floor covering instead of carpet which gets cold.

Paying extra for these seats is not always a great idea but I find the chances of getting a vacant seat next to you increases when the seats cost more. Unfortunately the chances of sitting next to a sweet young Thai girl on her way home decreases in the more expensive seats.

Before booking a seat I go to http://www.seatguru.com/ and put in the flight number to get a plan of the seats with comments about the pros and cons.

Happy flying..... :Flying:

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

I tried to get an Exit Row Seat on Thai on my flight up, but they were already taken...... as it turned out - by Thai Male Flight Attendants, and they are not usually known to be tall....?

But as a general observance, it seems that the seat space get's smaller & smaller everytime I fly...

Rules are you can’t be drunk in an airplane exit seat or any other seat.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know

Although u obv have more leg room, the seats are narrower and the armrest is fixed, also a high possibility of sitting next to a crying brat

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Etihad are getting very stingy with their drinks, so you won't have to worry about getting drunk!

It's sad to see the slow decline of Etihad. Today charging for preferred seat, tomorrow they will be charging just to check in for a flight. Etihad are becoming long haul equivalent of Ryanair. Anything to boost their ancillary revenues at the expense of their loyal customers. I had difficulty getting a couple of beers in June. I have not the pan cakes from their breakfast menu in a couple of years (always none left).

In the long run I believe Etihad business model is flawed. Customers in long haul want a level of comfort and while price is important, it is not everything as in the short haul market. There is two much competition around (three middle east hub a crazy number of aircraft on order), before taking account of the legacy direct carriers. 

I have been an Etihad Silver/Gold card holder for years, and in March I decided to fly with Malaysian Airlines. I was very impressed even with the extra 4 hours travel time. In is only the ultra convenient connection times ... and maybe the excellent lounge in Dublin that keep me flying Etihad. I really hope Qatar enter the Irish market with an evening flight from Dublin soon.

I still think etihad are a great airline just they have cuts some of the good things that got people flying withthem in first place, I just hope it doesn't go too far, the lounges are great however that al reem lounge in abu dhabi is rubbish compared to the etihad lounge, but for value, I just paid 483 return in november, won't get much better than that

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Archived