Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Currency Exchange - LHR

hotkey

Hi all

I travel regularly to BKK and always wait exchanging currency until arrive in the country as the banks in aust typically take a large margin.... 

am travelling to the uk and want to know if to do the same thing - are there kiosks in the airport that are half reasonable (to at least give me some cash) and then fx places around london (am staying in paddington)

any advice appreciate!!

cheers J

wait till you get to thailand,change enough for taxi or bus in airport,uk exchange rates are a rip off in london,even more so at airports

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Unfortunately not. The Thai banks are not as greedy as those in the west and that is why you get a good rate. I think the rates you get in Australia will be about the same as in the UK. If you re travelling through Thailand Buy some GPB there as the rate will be better.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If your coming to the UK have a look on the net before you leave and check out the Aus$ to £ exchange rate at places such as banks and post offices because those exchange booths in London are a rip off.

If your meeting up with other Aussies in London they will give you the lowdown on the best exchange places. Aussies used to all gather in Earls Court during my backpacking days but that was a long long time ago!

Again do your homework to find out the drinking holes even if its just for a bit of advice from fellow countrymen.

I pop into my local M&S for £100 worth usually give a fairly good exchange for the UK. 

All the places run by Arabs on the Edgeware Road give the best rates in London, especially for larger amounts.

ok: thanks for the advice - am heading over in another 3 weeks - direct from aust: so gives me some time to check out rates....  cheers

Archived