IGNORED

Coffee ?

@kw59:

Could you elaborate on "one of these to roast my own coffee beans"? Source, design, specs?

You are right that fresh roast is best, but it has to be done right.

And for extraction I prefer pressure over vacuum because it's faster and I like to control the temperature.

Thanks.

The Fresh Roast model in the picture is the one I have

and mine is over 5 years old by now, it's the cheapest and

would be 120 Volts from these US websites below.

I've seen these on Non-US websites before too and

they are available in 220 Volt models in regions where

that applies.

BTW, you can roast green coffee using a hot air popcorn popper

as well as using a pan on a stove or an oven ect... but obviously

that is more time and labor involved.

As for "extraction" the vacuum brewer is an excellent choice

because it naturally maintains the hot water in the upper flask

at 195-200 degrees F which is ideal for extracting the oils

from the grinds. So it's the hot water is what does the extracting.

The end result is very clean no sediment brewed coffee.

Below are some links i've shopped at before,

good luck.

http://www.burmancoffee.com/

http://baldmountaincoffee.com/

http://www.coffeebeancorral.com/

http://www.sweetmarias.com/

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• deadwood

• hungryandy

• bartester

• kw59

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Okay, 1st of all you're all wrong

and you're also drinking stale coffee no matter

how fresh you believe it to be."

right!!....... and if you don't milk the cow yourself, or pick the fruit off the tree, or catch the egg as it falls out, or...........we're talking about tourist coffee in pattaya for chrissake!

Edited by deadwood

right!!....... and if you don't milk the cow yourself, or pick the fruit off the tree, or catch the egg as it falls out, or...........we're talking about tourist coffee in pattaya for chrissake!

To remind you of the original post:

How is the coffee in thailand ? do they grow there own beans or do they import them

Now who else was off topic?

I found kw59's post interesting and constructive which was not the case for all the others. The first 3 lines are provocative but to the point. That doesn't mean I would want to drink his coffee.

Easy Deadwood, nobodys gonna get hurt...just put the weapon down

and come out with your hands up in the air.

A thousand apologies, perhaps my use of the smiley face wasn't an

adequate sign to others that I was kidding and meant no insult by

making that statement...

Thanks, kw59, for the infos.

It would be tempting to buy a bag of coffee from a grower in Chiang Rai and go though the process of roasting, grinding and brewing a nice local cup of coffee here in Thailand every day. Even so I am afraid the professional roasters would still be way ahead of me who blend beans from various parts of the world to give the best flavor.

So when I am in the boonies, for my two cups a day, I resort to the Nespresso system in which each portion is neatly encapsulated and protected from deterioration until used. Here in Pattaya I go to Mokador on Central Road or Boncafé in Naklua. Beware of many others who put up a flashy logo but don't have the staff to deliver consistent quality.

Easy Deadwood, nobodys gonna get hurt...just put the weapon down

and come out with your hands up in the air.

A thousand apologies, perhaps my use of the smiley face wasn't an

adequate sign to others that I was kidding and meant no insult by

making that statement...

sorry! i guess i should have stopped at one double cappuccino. i think my printed words may have come across a little more verbose than intended.

Edited by deadwood

• 3 weeks later...

i think one of the best place to drink coffe is near sunshine garden hotel at dolphin in naklua area the WHitE ONE very nice . i think from france

• 2 months later...

I've been drinking coffee from many coffee shops in Pattaya. Many places use "Mokador" beans, especially in south pattaya area. Anyway, I think it's okay for me. Many Starbucks are here in Pattaya as well, but the price is too expensive. During my trip, I spent most of the time going to "Gafae", a local coffee shop located on south pattaya road next to Tuk-Com (IT Center). Their espresso is the best, in fact, their espresso is already a double espresso for 55 Baht only. Before, I used to go to Starbucks, then I tried Gafae, since then I never go back to Starbucks again. I mean, not only the espresso is great, but the atmosphere and service is also good, very nice people. And also, there is a free Wi-Fi. The shop owner is Thai, but he speaks very good english, very nice man.

Nice heads up! Thanks.

Oh the stories i could tell--living in Seattle in the days when starbucks was just another local coffee house. Micro brews on tap when the rest of the country was only drinking Bud. Grunge was the music, hanging with the boys from Alice and Chains, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, Mudhoney at the 5 Point and the Mecca for drinks. The great green tshirts we used to smoke, the SuperSonics with Kemp and Payton and Stoned Sam Perkins and Kevin Calabro on the play by play.......

Ahhhhh sweet memories of a lost age.

Edited by bolly

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Also in soi buakaow, where the tuesday/Friday market is held there is a coffee/baker place called benjamit bakery. great coffee, great service and only 40 baht. closed on saturdays. Cafe pattini also has really good coffee as someone said and a very pleasant place.

Cafe Pitini is the worst place to have anything, below is my experience with them and here is a link for someone else's experience there

http://www.pattaya-live.com/index.php?show...=20955&st=0

I am not the one to write reviews about cafe's or places to eat, but this place has to be written about

Cafe Pitini , soi Bukhao near by the market

I have eaten there twice now and the food is not that great but it is clean.Prices-well, say about 30% higher then it should be. Anyhow service is something of a joke.

So today went there to have late lunch with my girl.

There was no friendly hello or anything of a kind. My girl ordered rice with chicken and i ordered salmon sandwich.

After about 10 mins my girl got her meal, i am still waiting. Had another 3 people come in.

After 15 mins i got little pissed off with waiting and told them to cancel my order as sandwich surely does not take 15 mins to be made especially when there are more staff working then the customers.

As soon as i said that about 2 mins later they brought out my order-i told them i did not want it anymore as i was too tired of waiting.

In response Thai waiter started to complain in Thai, how i have to pay and it was not long and my order is ready. I again told her that sandwich does not take 15 mins to be made. She then claimed that they had to wait for the machine to warm up. By that i assume she meant toaster.

1. So by 3pm the toaster is switched off? in the place that has a huge sandwich menu?!-GOOD ONE

2. 1 customer came in 10 mins after i ordered and already got his toasted sandwich so did the other 2 customers.

I refused to take the food.

Well now the big owner came out. Mind you no apology no offer of discount or anything of a kind. He started to tell me that the staff write down the time of order and it has not been 15 mins. Funny enough putting aside that everyone has a different watch, unless in his cafe all are syncronized, time shown on the order was 14.37 Time now on my watch was 14:54 he continued to insist that the order was made and given in under 10 mins.

If he is your mate, please explain to the retard that the difference between 14.37 to 14.54 is 17 mins

Putting aside that he was wrong and customer had to wait for long time, the retard was rude and continue to insist that now i have to pay for the order as they did make it.

I have traveled through 25 country's and have lived in Thailand for over 6 years now and have never come across such stupidity.

Seeing that i did have to wait and they were wrong, rather then offering some discount or some free biscuit or something of a kind the retard just kept going with his stupidity. I have not even seen this stupidity in Thai owned cafes.

I did pay the 150 for the sandwich, but now he lost a customer forever, mind you i am an expat and all my friends or relatives and any mates coming to visit and should a review come up or conversation about this place, i be sure to mention my experience and mind you all this over 150 baht and keep in mind he was wrong and i did have to wait for longer then any other customer in the place even the ones who came after me.

Thats what you call great business thinking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

Hi Mabulox,

can you give some instructions how to find Caffe Pitini? I'm a coffee maniac, but Soi Bhuakhao is to long to search for the place...

Cafe Pitini is the worst place to have anything, below is my experience with them and here is a link for someone else's experience there

http://www.pattaya-live.com/index.php?show...=20955&st=0

I am not the one to write reviews about cafe's or places to eat, but this place has to be written about

Cafe Pitini , soi Bukhao near by the market

I have eaten there twice now and the food is not that great but it is clean.Prices-well, say about 30% higher then it should be. Anyhow service is something of a joke.

So today went there to have late lunch with my girl.

There was no friendly hello or anything of a kind. My girl ordered rice with chicken and i ordered salmon sandwich.

After about 10 mins my girl got her meal, i am still waiting. Had another 3 people come in.

After 15 mins i got little pissed off with waiting and told them to cancel my order as sandwich surely does not take 15 mins to be made especially when there are more staff working then the customers.

As soon as i said that about 2 mins later they brought out my order-i told them i did not want it anymore as i was too tired of waiting.

In response Thai waiter started to complain in Thai, how i have to pay and it was not long and my order is ready. I again told her that sandwich does not take 15 mins to be made. She then claimed that they had to wait for the machine to warm up. By that i assume she meant toaster.

1. So by 3pm the toaster is switched off? in the place that has a huge sandwich menu?!-GOOD ONE

2. 1 customer came in 10 mins after i ordered and already got his toasted sandwich so did the other 2 customers.

I refused to take the food.

Well now the big owner came out. Mind you no apology no offer of discount or anything of a kind. He started to tell me that the staff write down the time of order and it has not been 15 mins. Funny enough putting aside that everyone has a different watch, unless in his cafe all are syncronized, time shown on the order was 14.37 Time now on my watch was 14:54 he continued to insist that the order was made and given in under 10 mins.

If he is your mate, please explain to the retard that the difference between 14.37 to 14.54 is 17 mins

Putting aside that he was wrong and customer had to wait for long time, the retard was rude and continue to insist that now i have to pay for the order as they did make it.

I have traveled through 25 country's and have lived in Thailand for over 6 years now and have never come across such stupidity.

Seeing that i did have to wait and they were wrong, rather then offering some discount or some free biscuit or something of a kind the retard just kept going with his stupidity. I have not even seen this stupidity in Thai owned cafes.

I did pay the 150 for the sandwich, but now he lost a customer forever, mind you i am an expat and all my friends or relatives and any mates coming to visit and should a review come up or conversation about this place, i be sure to mention my experience and mind you all this over 150 baht and keep in mind he was wrong and i did have to wait for longer then any other customer in the place even the ones who came after me.

Thats what you call great business thinking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to strongly recomend Caffe Pitini for the best coffee in Pattaya,just as most of the posts on this coffee site.I would strongly recomend member KUFFKI,to calm down,relax and enjoy his life.I think he is making a fool of himself,just because he waited 15 min for his PININI(not sandwich).I hope you will try the coffee,make your own jugment,see for yourself.

Nescafe 3 in 1 - Coffee, Cream and Sugar / Product of Thailand / Good instant coffee to have in your hotel room.

How us guys like our coffee is probably more varied than how we like our women.